FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NFS Carbon V/s NFS Most Wanted

pashmina
Both NFS Carbon and NFS Most Wanted has a big requirement of RAM and Graphic Card.....

I truly recommend u to play the NFS Carbon, it a bit better than the NFS most wanted. It is played in the night time. I really feel it matching with the movies " Tokyo Drift". For Drift lovers this game is a must....

This game really run well in the intel Duo Core 2, with 1GB ram and 512mb of graphic card. I run the game in this system..

Really 5 star game.
nancian
thanks for the info
Games master
Thanks for that great information,i'll surely remember that.
The_Gamer294
I have carbon too, it runs pretty well on my fairly cheap graphics card.
NEurodrOne
Well, for me Carbon sucks! Sad

NFS is downgrading its productivity throughputs at every release and even Carbon seems to be plagued with the 'will-make-will-sell' syndrome EA is inflicted with. The quality of the game on independent basis is incomparable and i wouldnt disagree that it has a nice playable gameplay. But when we point out at those mesmerizing effects EA used to incorporate in the earlier versions including the environment, handling, ingame missions, graphics are draining gradually and we are all left with hype which makes us waste hours drifting around canyons.

Let me divide that attack of mine in a sequence of points so it would enable the one who takes swipe at me to aim better: Razz

1> No day time racing. The most sucky-puky aspect. If a mediocre juiced could include it, theres no damn excuse for EA not to incorporate that in Carbon.

2> GRAPHICS! ..EA better get those polygons outta my frame buffer! Evil or Very Mad
MW simply rocked with all the visual simulations enabling a VR feeling to a certain level.

3> Off with that chugging buddies thingy! no teammates plz. We could party together after the race, no point in huddling together at >150kmph. In different cars. Razz

4> I hate the inflicted damages. Personal grudges with visual enhancements. Ok.. gave you something to pick on finally! Razz ..lol..

..These were the significant ones, although there are other ones like crap metal sound tracks (UG2 rocked, MW was good, Carbon screwed it! Evil or Very Mad ), money minting harder/boring, rash cops (too rash.. inhumane at certain points! alientic! period.)

Summarizing, Carbon could have been loads better had EA really worked on some simple aspects rather than relying on the idea of projecting a different kinda game to us gamers. Games based on movies should be created with studying and comprehending the output instead of including a most popular movie theme and applying coders to work on it.

Yep, i did love Too Fast Too Furious:TD like anything, but Carbon made me press Alt+F4 and double click on "NFS porsche"! Rolling Eyes
jipmerite
I have not played either one but a friend said Carbon is great. I like the NFS series in general but I think I would like Carbon over Most Wanted.
Firebird
I have played NFS: Most Wanted,and it's a very cool game,and it truly rules.

But i never played Carbon though.It didn't even release here. Sad

But i have heard that the game pwns...I hope to get it soon. Smile
Sergiy
I played most wanted and carbon. But for me is MW and carbon bad games. The best NFS is Underground 2.
In MW and carbon we can't have neon lights, sounds in car,... but in underground we can Laughing
Firebird
I like Underground&Underground 2 as well.But Most Wanted pwned.A friend of mine played NFS:Carbon on the PS3,and even he who rarely plays Racing Games admitted the game rules.So i'm hoping Carbon is a pwning game Razz
Magicman
I have Underground 2 for the gamecube and its a great game. I've played Carbon once on my cousins Xbox360 and it didn't seem as much fun especially because I wasn't used to the game or the system.
Firebird
As far as i've heard,Carbon on the 360 wasn't very good.Most people didn't like it.On the other hand,I have seen various Positive comments about Carbon on the PS3,compared to the comments on the Xbox 360 Version,which recieved more Negative comments.So i'm hoping Carbon's PS3 Version will pwn.

Underground&Underground 2 too pwned on all Systems lol,but the best system i ever played it on was the Gamecube Version.It even beats Carbon on the 360(i guess,seeing how other people dislike it on the 360).

Most Wanted PwNz both though,Underground's Gamecube version,and Carbon's 360 Version.Only Time will tell if Carbon on the WII will be a great game or not.I have to wait till March-April this year,in order to get the WII.And then,hopefully,I may get Carbon.
SylentSnipe
I have the game for pc not xbox, But I loved the NFSMW game but this one is sorta like a step above MW, Although I would like some freaken day light as I so miss in the MW game. But over all game play is fun the graphics are great, But there are things I like and dont like as I have just said.
TDesign
carbon is more better than MW..

Police in carbon is more better and smart than MW Police. Graphic is better but i played it on 256MB Ati Radeon 9550 and graphic was better on Carbon.
But Carbon is to easy than MW

so i dot know witch is best
pashmina
TDesign wrote:
carbon is more better than MW..

Police in carbon is more better and smart than MW Police. Graphic is better but i played it on 256MB Ati Radeon 9550 and graphic was better on Carbon.
But Carbon is to easy than MW

so i dot know witch is best

Ya the police in the carbon is more smarter and faster than the most wanted police. once it took me more than half an hour to get through the police... at last i found a hiding spot to hide from the police.
theac
pashmina wrote:
Both NFS Carbon and NFS Most Wanted has a big requirement of RAM and Graphic Card.....

I truly recommend u to play the NFS Carbon, it a bit better than the NFS most wanted. It is played in the night time. I really feel it matching with the movies " Tokyo Drift". For Drift lovers this game is a must....

This game really run well in the intel Duo Core 2, with 1GB ram and 512mb of graphic card. I run the game in this system..

Really 5 star game.

I own both games... i do have to agree with your statement about the ram and graphics card info every time i get out of playing either game my computer takes about 1-2 mins. to get back up to full potential. But i enjoy how they took the game back to the begining, in Carbon. The autosculpt feature is really cool... cause you can make a compleate random car that no one else has... so i agree you should play Carbon.
Chesshaha
Most Wanted, the game play is better, plus the girl is hotter too. Razz xD
shwetanshu
i like NFS:MW , the game is much more bteer and longer and girl is sexy too... carbon is a very short game... though neither of them run on my pc... i have to goo my frnds home to play the game on his pc Mr. Green
jay84h
I played Carbon and it is by far the best of the NFS series. At the time I had played it on a 128MB ATI Radeon 9600XT DDR and it ran perfectly with that. I just upgraded to a 512MB ATI Radeon X1650 PRO DDR2, but I wont know now how it runs on that because I deleted it. But all I can say to that, is if it ran perfectly on the 128MB card, imagine how it'd run on the new one.
TrueFact
I played every single version of NFS since NFS 2 and NFS 2 Second Edition.

I liked UG as it had all the graphics built from scratch
I liked UG2 for the gameplay and the specially the Outrun game mood... When it comes to playing UG2 on LAN we never go for anything but OutRun.

For MW.... I liked the story and it was the only thing that pushed me race after race to finish it... but it had nothing more than this
and I hate the filtered characters from the real world with the CG backgrounds (Computer Graphics)

For Carbon... It has a new point of view trying to do the same of what a street racers will do in the real world... and They couldn't use the story real will like they did in MW.

But Carbon has the best CG that a normal guy can find (who won't know the defernces between Polygons and NURBS)
gerontius
i'd say that carbon is the best NFS game so far, but it has become to repetitive - although it's much betetr than UG, it was more fun to play UG back then
Motoracer380
game wise i like most wanted for some reason...but the only thing i didnt like in MW was tat theres a really small selection o cars and limited customization available to the player...but the cop chases are exciting once you get past the code 3 and get the roadblocks out.
hsadmin
I like Most Wanted more. I don't know why, but, it's just so cool. I love going really fast and the cops chase you, and your about to go off the side of the building, you hit the brakes and off they go
theem
I'll go with NSF carbon !!!

really is a kool game !!
lethaltriad
I've sorta lost interest in the NFS series since Underground 1 but I played Carbon the other day at my friends house and it wasnt that bad. Maybe one day when I upgrade my system i'll get hooked on those games again.
alexdude
pashmina wrote:

thats why you use a playstation because the makers of the game make it perfect for it.
moonblade
Meh, for me, NFS has been going downwards since Part 5. Sure, first, the streetracing was neat, but after 5 more parts it becomes apparent they are only going to make MORE streetracing games with near zero change, slightly better graphics and nerfed gameplay. That's why Most Wanted was so nice, finally, playing with cops in DAYtime again. Of course, their AI wasn't the best, but that was all the fun, too, outrunning 20 police cars by ramming them all into a wood-bearing truck.
spykE
I have both games and I like Need for Speed: Most Wanted so much better. They have really gone the wrong way at EA with Carbon.

I mean the graphics they look like thrash, Most Wanted looks so much better, really don't like the looks of Carbon.

+ They should make a more proper Xbox version (no 360 yet for me)
hardcoregamer808
I played both on the 360 but Carbon I didn't own, it was my cousins, but I personally think carbon was a little easier than Most wanted.
hsadmin
I just bought NFS carbon for PC.. It's really good..

If I'm playing NFS on the 360, then I like playing Most Wanted. But, if I play NFS on PC I like Carbon better.
aicon
Need for Speed: Carbon Requirements

Electronic Arts published the system requirements of Need for Speed Carbon. You can check here if the game runs on your PC:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS - Windows 2000/XP
Processor: 1.7 GHz or faster
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 4.7 GB
DVD Drive - 8 SPEED
Video Card: 64 MB*
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX - Version 9.0c
Online Multiplayer: 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 Players
Input - Keyboard, Mouse
Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad

*Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti-4200 or greater (GeForce MX series not supported); ATI Radeon 8500 or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. DirectX 9.0c is included on this disc and may require the latest drivers for your video and sound card. Notice: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-ROM, DVD-RW and virtual drives.

Retired from: NFS-Planet
Motoracer380
ive only playd them on xbox and xbox360....i dont like carbon as much...mostwanted gameplay i more fun...altho i do wish you could do more to your car on most wantd
well, i can play this game xD
i have the exacts requeriments
but my video is 256 =(
pul3kk
i vote Most Wanted.
carbon looks unfinnished ... Confused
Coclus
Carbon is way more fun... so mny new features and stuff and graphics are nice.
Saroumane
I played the NFS Carbon Demo and it seems very good, like the type of missions/races.
I think I will try the game because I like the NFS series.
hunnuh
I have Underground 2 for the gamecube and its a great game. I've played Carbon once on my cousins Xbox360 and it didn't seem as much fun especially because I wasn't used to the game or the system.