FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Coppermine and FTP problems

KellaDayne
hi!
i'm suffering problems with Coppermine installing. if i've got it correctly, i need to copy the whole folder to my host.... but for that action i have to use ftp... my ftp doesn't work:
whenever i'm trying to open the folder, it starts seraching the files and then says:

there has a mistake on FTP-server occured during the folder opening. make sure, you have a permission to open this folder.
more: the time of waiting for the process ending has finished

(sorry for a bad translation from russian into english)

however, i'm sure that my login and password were typed correctly...
can anyone help me, pleaaase? Embarassed

thanx in advance 0=)
Animal
Make sure you are using FTP in active mode, not passive mode.
KellaDayne
Animal wrote:
Make sure you are using FTP in active mode, not passive mode.

How can I check which mode is used?
Animal
What FTP client are you using?
KellaDayne
I'm using FileZilla, but it doesn't work neither in active nor in passive mode(((
wumingsden
I suggest compressing the folder you need (you can do this via your control panel) and then uploading it via www.web2ftp.com in compressed format if it is urgent.
KellaDayne
wumingsden wrote:
I suggest compressing the folder you need (you can do this via your control panel) and then uploading it via www.web2ftp.com in compressed format if it is urgent.

thanx, that would be a great idea if i knew, how i can recompress this folder afterwords... Embarassed i've uploaded it in *.rar what should i do next?
wumingsden
KellaDayne wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

thanx, that would be a great idea if i knew, how i can recompress this folder afterwords... Embarassed i've uploaded it in *.rar what should i do next?

The easiest way (which is slightly different from the method I mentioned in an earlier post) is to do the following:

Login to http://tokiohotel.frih.net:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER

On the next scree make sure you do not have a file named .clipboard.txt. If you do, delete it.

Go to the folder you wish to remove. Click on the tick next to the folder, and scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Add to Clipboard.

Next, go to the place you wish the folder to be moved to. Scroll down to the bottom and click Copy clipboard files here or Move copyboard files here. I would recommend copying the files instead of moving them. In this case, if something goes wrong you still have the original files.

If this is too confusing I will do it for you, just send me your DA details.