FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

House

dfunkt
Who here has ever seen the television show HOUSE with Hugh Laurie? I'm a big fan of the character House, I love his attitude toward the world. If you've seen it, what do you think of it?
Indyan
ME ! ME ! ME !

I just love Hugh Laurie's comic timing. The snappy one liners are just too good.
The show is exciting and yet so damn funny. I have seen all aired episodes.
Octaeder
The sarcasm rate appeals to me much. It also helps that the show is well written and acted...

Hoping they'll conclude this whole Tritter business soon though, that's starting to bore me.
MYP415
House is one of my favorite shows. Its just really interesting and funny at the same time. I haven't really gotten a chance to watch it lately, but I'll hopefully catch the next episode.
soldeinvierno
Wow! I love the show. I had seen it a few times and didn't like it very much. But since I ran out of shows to watch (Xmas stop for Prison Break and Lost) I started watching it and got hooked.

I just hope real doctors don't watch it and start acting like a**es Rolling Eyes
Indyan
Real doctors do watch it.
And one of them blogs about it too. Check out his reviews of House. They are a nice read (he reviews the medicine in the show).
http://www.politedissent.com/house_pd.html

The ending of e11 was great Very Happy
But, overall the show was avg. especially the medicine part.
twisthigh
It's absolute genius! I love it so much, the sarcasm is the best and Hugh Laurie I just love love love, he's perfect for the character and does such a great job toning down the british accent.
Cedar Speeder
Great show, Hugh Laurie definitely deserved the Golden Globe.

Regarding his attitude, it seems his respect for honesty doesn't seem to penetrate too deep into self-awareness. I guess that's a key element of the show, but hopefully they'll put in some more character development throughout this season.

Without giving away anything, the cop story was definitely a great addition to the show. It's nice to have someone to challenge House, as the lack of a person to challenge him in most episodes is what I'd regard as a weak point of the show.
asciii
he is a great actor...i have never missed any of the episodes
Ryuk
It's one of my favorite TV Shows, i really like the way he uses sarcasm and clever jokes to avoid confrontation, and really admire the way he can speak with an american accent, him being english. Also like nip tuck, prision break, smallvile, simpsons, family guy, futurama and my name is earl
soldeinvierno
check out some of his previous stuff on youtube, he is very funny.

Just a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0SXH5Y9PEc Wink
rohan2kool
i am an addicted house fan and have watched all of it's episodes till date and the one i liked the most was Episode 11 from Season 1: Detox. I also like 'Lines in the sand' from Season 3.. from Season 2, Clueless was gr8.. not the medicine part.. but the thriller part and especially the 'herpes' part.
rohan2kool
some quotes frm house:

Dr. Cameron: What about sex?
Dr. House: Well, it might get complicated. We work together. I am older, certainly, but maybe you like that.
Dr. Cameron: I meant maybe he has neurosyphilis.
Dr. House: Heh, nice cover. [winks]

---------

Dr. House: So, when I said, no psych meds I'm just curious which word didn't you understand?
Dr. Foreman: The Haldol had nothing to do with the bleed. You know that. I used it purely as a chemical restraint.
Dr. House: Oh, great, well, that's good to hear. So she won't experience any of those pesky little side effects you get when your motives aren't pure.

---------

Dr. House: You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.

---------

More here: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/House
faylulu
last season i was addicted to it, but i dont know about this season. Maybe it's not catching my eye because my attention isnt focused on just the show when it's on. Although, I do like the witty remarks Dr. House makes.
spazbutt32
My favorite TV show ever!

I'm working on an impression. Tell me what you think.

http://putfile.com/shiningsol
Captain Fertile
I am sick and tried of opening this damn thread expecting it to be about one of my favourite Horror Movies of the 80's and 90's of the same name!!! Evil or Very Mad

I haven't seen this TV show but ut is the same when I see the name in the TV lisitings, I do a double take to check that they aren't playing House - the horror flick.

Sorry, I just had to vent, now maybe I will quit clicking on the darn thread until I have actually watched the show. Embarassed
greatfire
Yeah. One of my favourite shows on the telly now. I like how he doesnt care about anyting
Insanity
House's sarcasm and wit are the only reasons why I watch this show. I find some of the more gory and medical stuff hard to stomach sometimes. The other sitcom ish parts are good though.
Nameless
House is possibly my favourite show on TV at the moment. Smile

The actors are good, but whoever writes the scripts deserve a medal. House's character and frequent one-lines are hilarious. The medical side I also find very interesting. I'm not exactly well-educated on such matters, but the mystery is done well, and when the 'big revelation' comes, it's always explained well and frequently something I know about anyway. The ongoing plots are intermixed into it pretty well, and are also entertaining.

Not much more to say, really. I love pretty much every aspect of it.
Manus et Therion
House is the funniest and most poignant drama on television. Hugh Laurie is incredible. I remember after having watched the show for the first season when I saw him on Ellen, I died when I found out he was British and his accent is so thick. Just being able to mask that accent must take great skill. I think he's a terrific actor and I really do hope to see him in even greater roles (not saying that House is not a great role, mind you).
dickyzin
I agree with most of you. House is a very good series. It's quite cheerful and entertaining. Hugh Laurie plays the best character compared to all the other series this year. Sometimes, he makes you think that he's a jerk but most other times, he's the hero and everyone trusts him. Very difficult character to play. I'm also shocked myself to learn that he is a British. He suits both his accents actually. Nice bloke and a great actor.
missdixy
Ugh, my ex boyfriend LOVES this show.
I cannot stand House after an episode or two, but he would always have little marathons of the show my gosh.
dinael
I enjoy the show. You could say I am House addict. If I ever get sick I'd like to have that kind of doctor,
but I'm not sure I'd like to know him for real. He is sometimes so harsh that he really hurts people emotionally.

So what do you think why is he so miserable with himself?
dickyzin
He probably had some problems when he was a kid. As far as I remember, in one of the episodes when he was telling a female patient about his childhood problems, he mentioned how he was abused by his grandmother. But in the end, he admitted that it was his father who hurt him and beat him up. So I guess he's got some psychological problem as a kid which is making him behave the way he is right now.
Kelcey
I've seen it but I'm not really a huge fan.
melissareich
I love this show! I love House... he is my favorite character on the show. I used to watch it every Tuesday, but now I'm more hooked on CSI Very Happy Anyway I never really understand anything they talk about on House... I just find the cases of their patients interesting and I mostly enjoy watching all the endings (to find out what was wrong with the patient). I find House's sarcastic remarks the MOST enjoyable part of the show... haha.
Indyan
Cameron and Chase are getting married (in real life) and the trio are going to be replaced with new characters.

Quote:
Olivia Wilde, Kal Penn, Peter Jacobson and Anne Dudek have landed recurring roles on Fox's hit medical drama "House."

The four are expected to play characters who will be brought in after the resignations of House's (Hugh Laurie) underlings Foreman (Omar Epps) and Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) and the firing of Chase (Jesse Spencer).

Wilde will play a young doctor called Thirteen who will work closely with House. She most recently was on NBC's "Black Donnellys" and has had roles on Fox's "The O.C." and "Skin" and in the films "Alpha Dog" and "Turistas."

Penn co-starred in the film "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle" and its upcoming sequel and had a role last season on Fox's "24."

Jacobson is on the big screen in "Transformers" and most recently appeared on television in USA Network's miniseries "The Starter Wife."

Dudek most recently appeared in ABC's "Big Day" and had a recurring role on Fox's "Bones."

Source : http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/18/television.house.reut/index.html

I loved Kal Penn in Harold and Kumar. Hopefull he would be brilliant in House too.
rohan2kool
i'm gonna miss omar epps... chase was a character i never liked (even as an actor.. he sucked more or less).

Olivia did a moderately good role as Janey Riley [or something like that as the girl of Tom donnelly].. Kal Penn was pretty good in the namesake. Never heard of the other two.. though it's interesting to know that there are gonna be 4 subjects of ridicule instead of 3 this time Very Happy

as far as i know.. house s4 starts september 15th or 25th.. i don't exactly remember...
Zaini711
The way House disect/categorisely eliminate a possible problem/sicknes without a hint of feeling is marvelous. Hugh is made for the character. It's not soo much of the others character, but House wit and one liner that's make the show as it is.
Zaini711
The way House disect/categorisely eliminate a possible problem/sicknes without a hint of feeling is marvelous. Hugh is made for the character. It's not soo much of the others character, but House wit and one liner that's make the show as it is.
Zaini711
dickyzin
I don't really like the start of the new House season. Too many characters.