FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Venetian Snares

Tuxy
Did you hear the new songs? I like Szamár Madár.
MyCraft
yeah man, Venetian Snares is one of my favorite, i like their Szamar Madar video.
The Mitchell
they are awesome. saw them in bristol last month. well good live show
Octaeder
Last album I listened to was Calvalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms, which was good but maybe not as great as Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding.

To me his best song is Eleven Million Panda Bears In Bondage, which was on a remix album he did with Cex (only 4 tracks on the thing.)

I just love walking around Manchester with hardcore gabba blaring out of my earphones and a mad little smile on my face because of all the people who aren't
anxiety1
yeh there really good,

my mate saw them recently said they were top class
The Mitchell
Octaeder wrote:
Last album I listened to was Calvalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms, which was good but maybe not as great as Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding.

To me his best song is Eleven Million Panda Bears In Bondage, which was on a remix album he did with Cex (only 4 tracks on the thing.)

I just love walking around Manchester with hardcore gabba blaring out of my earphones and a mad little smile on my face because of all the people who aren't

I have a song somewhere by Cex. Theyre on Rock Action records am i right?
legion
who saw "Find Candace" video ? and i thought aphex twin's videos are sick Laughing ... "Szamár Madár" is one of his best albums, but i like "Winnipeg is a Frozen Shithole" ... nasty Laughing
Octaeder
legion wrote:
who saw "Find Candace" video ? and i thought aphex twin's videos are sick Laughing ... "Szamár Madár" is one of his best albums, but i like "Winnipeg is a Frozen Shithole" ... nasty Laughing

Winnipeg is a Frozen shithole is the best album to have to hand if your neighbours have pissed you off... The amount of times a couple of years back that I had to push my speakers up to the wall and turn my stereo up as loud as it would go before heading out for the night... Lets just say that cd had its fair share of use.
jamesjolliffe
Ah, Venetian Snares is awesome. His music is so ridiculously dense. To me its very poignant compared to other purely electronic music because there's no way a human could perform it live.

My favorite album by him is Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms, and my favorite track off of that one is Swindon. Huge Chrome Cylinder Box is ridiculously awesome as well. I can't find it on vinyl, unfortunately.

Did you guys get introduced to Snares through Rosszc Czillag Whatever? It definitely seems like his most accessible album, and its what first got me into his music. There are so many solid tracks on that record that its kind of hard to pick a favorite. The first two after the piano introduction are really good, and I also really dig the eighth (I think) piece where initially its just sudden loud samples with lots of long, slowly decaying reverb and then transitions into nasty beats with that guy going "Uh!"

Since that album I've sort've just dug through his collection on SoulSeek, and enjoyed a lot of it, though I still find some of his forays rather inaccessible.

Anyone ever mess around with any trackers like Renoise?