FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

music situation rule

Sparda
I see that Music is not aloud on the frih websites. This does mean there should be no sound coming from the site at all right? I am asking this because I have seen sites with music either from a flash file or something else. So does this mean I can have music in a flash file and not straight from the directory? Or does all that the music thing means you can't allow users to download it? Any Help?

~Thanks it reply
Animal
It's not true that you're not allowed music on your Frihost account, although there are some restrictions.

You are only allowed to host music that is uncopyrighted, or music that you have written and performed yourself. If you have full written permission from a copyright holder, you may be given special permission to host copyrighted music. This would be up to Bondings to decide though, and I would suggest that it may be unlikely. If you want to host music files, you must first create a new topic in the Request an Account Change forum and get permission.

Music within flash files may be hosted provided it conforms to the rules I've stated above. You may not use copyrighted music as sound-tracks to files as this is still breach of copyright and it does not exempt you from the rules. If you know of any Frihost sites that use copyrighted music anywhere on their sites, please PM myself or any other moderator and we will investigate.