FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Python MySQLdb module?

korbit
Does frihost have it? Is there a document somewhere specifying which (if any) modules we have access to?

Thanks in advance,
Oren
wumingsden
korbit wrote:
Does frihost have it? Is there a document somewhere specifying which (if any) modules we have access to?

Thanks in advance,
Oren

Server2 phpinfo()
korbit
Thanks for that link, but it doesn't answer the question... I've had plenty of time to play around with PHP and MySQL and I came here because they support Python, and I want to use Python with MySQL, and not have to use PHP.

So, anyone know just what exactly our python is like?
wumingsden
korbit wrote:
Thanks for that link, but it doesn't answer the question... I've had plenty of time to play around with PHP and MySQL and I came here because they support Python, and I want to use Python with MySQL, and not have to use PHP.

So, anyone know just what exactly our python is like?

In July of this year steve said he'd install it, although I don't know whether or not he has done.
korbit
Well, it seems then that it ain't there. I was hoping it was some other factor, but the moment you uncomment the import line, you get an internal 500 error... alas.

Someone, anyone, please prove me wrong!!
cybernytrix
I recently tried out an ORM called SQLObject: http://www.sqlobject.org
It is *awesome*. You can write your table schema in Python as a class definition and then have it run on MySQL, Postgres, Sqlite, Oracle etc.
If you are a beginner to DB programming, this is total bliss.

I think TurboGears (a popular Python framework) uses this as well. Though they are trying to move to a new thing called as SQLAlchemy - this seems more flexible as you are not stuck to the ActiveRecord mapping that SQLObject provides.