FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Earth Soon the Be Followed by Google Space

ravi_9793
Quote:
As the first in a series of joint collaborations, Google and Ames will focus on making the most useful of NASA's information available on the Internet. Real-time weather visualization and forecasting, high-resolution 3-D maps of the moon and Mars, real-time tracking of the International Space Station and the space shuttle will be explored in the future.

Source
http://www.playfuls.com/news_05581_Google_Earth_Soon_the_Be_Followed_by_Google_Space.html

This may be a new achievement in the field of internet. Smile
qbawler311
I hope it is free, I have always dreamed of being able to monitor the moon, no I will be able to track that moon alien that stole my 1969 yankees team signed baseball that grendpa gave me when I was a kid, but who know we are created equal under the lord Jesus Christ.
Arseniy
Shocked
It must be really hard for their computers... And must be really hard to develop. But... hope, people and be happy!=)
It must be an interesting project. Google is going godly=) Why they shouldn't develop an operational system? I know they have one on their powerful computer (GooSE, if I remembered correctly). They need only to spread it around...
TeenZine
I know they bought alot of domains for each of the planets like googlemars.com and many more domains. (however Im suprized with how much moeny there making there not buying *google*.com domains
Dark_Tiger
It's not really that big of a leap. the NOAA has has global doppler/sat weather up for years, MS's encylopedia first had a moon map a decade ago, and so on. While I suspect that this will be easier to use by the enduser, it's hardly an earth shattering event.
Tools and Cheese
That sounds interesting, hmm, I wonder if they are going to release it to the public? We will need some good graphic cards to support that maybe.
reddishblue
That sounds really cool!
But I already have software that does this, it's called Redshift 5, but thats not live so Google Space would be good too, although I'm not sure what would be so exiting about monitoring the moon...
motha
google mars has been out on google labs for ages. that must have been the first step for google space
chennai
I thik googles next attempt will be

GOOGLE GALAXY.....around the milkyway in 5 minutes
Aless
Sounds awesome, but could it really work??
reddishblue
chennai wrote:
I thik googles next attempt will be

GOOGLE GALAXY.....around the milkyway in 5 minutes

Wow that would be like...100 million times faster than the speed of light.
AnimePSP
Very Happy Having used google earth somewhat I hope google can get this to work just as well. An interesting venture for them indeed.
sibbahz
I wouldnt be surprised if they give it a go, they are always trying something new.
As long as it isnt like google moon, which is cheese if you zoom right in!
murtazahh
Sounds very interesting. Google earth was a big hit for lots of people, and im assuming Google space,well will be good. hmmm, i wonder what it would be like Confused
alexdude
That sound real cool, because Google Earth was soft-of getting boring.
Madic
Google earth takes the most interesting pictures when it updates... like naked people sunbathing on their roofs. technology is great, right?
Davidgr1200
Yes, there are other sites which show you picture sof the planets, but the great thing about Google is that everything is in one place and the brandname is well known so anybody can find it.
Blu_Spykz
If they were to charge to use it they could make a killing (more so than now).

Cracking idea though, depending on when the views will be updated (ie how often)
James007
Software... Please put it in the "software" section. Thank you.

Moved.
greatindiangenius
google space is already here ,maybe you are talking about new extensions.Did u ever try GE5 beta its goin to be released soon it will also integrate GMoon and GMars
falco211
Hmmm...This seems interesting but I wouldn't know what I'd use it for. Google Earth is neat because I could see places I've been to. This will be an interesting program. Laughing