FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to solve this error msg...

akoni176
Change in machine configuration
Due to a significant change in your computer configuration from when Micro... Office was installed and activated, some important information about you computer needs to be restored, and the product needs to be reactivated to continue to function properly.

im already inserted my cd but nothing happen.. i dont kwon what to do.

please help me.. i cant use anymore this software. pls pls pls..
BladeRunner
Check this out:

http://review.zdnet.com/AnchorDesk/4520-6033_16-4206106.html

It seams Microsoft believe that your copy of Office is pirated. I'm not accusing you of anything though, as it would seem there are a few 'proven genuine' users who are also suffering from this problem.

I'd uninstall and re-install. If that doesn't work, telephone Microsoft and play merry-hell with them.
corey
You're going to have to call Microsoft to get a new activation key for your copy, as the system believes that its now on a different machine. Its a known problem with Windows Product Activation when you upgrade your hardware.
Kelvin
I thought the reactivation process does not require the original CD? Just have to reactivate it via the internet or phone. You can just call Microsoft's toolfree line and provide them proof of purchase for them to enable online activation or give you a new key. Else you just have to wait a few months to reactivate the software... Crying or Very sad
exarkun
However, kelvin, if you don't have the original cd, how are you going to reinstall? And I think the microsoft staff are going to ask something about maybe the serial of the box to verify that the copy is genuine.