FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ernie Ball or Elixir?

ddukki
I've always wondered. Which one's better, for which kind of guitar, or does it matter? I've been using EB for about a year now (before I used the nanoweb Elixir) and I've noticed that both give the Acoustic a metallic twang (EB moreso). So does anyone have a preference of which ones to use?
GibT
I love cascada
The Mitchell
I find i tend to use ernie ball skinny top heavy bottoms on both bass and guitar for electric stuff although the elixir acoustic strings i have seen seem to be in a class of their own. thats what i tend to use.
Srs2388
ernie ball
Exlixers are just very expensive and in my opinion ernie balls are much better... thats just my two cents though
BladeRunner
If you can find them, go for Maxima Gold.
Originally thought as pure gimmic, these gold plated strings last a LONG time more than the average strings and sound heavenly.

Also...I'd expand your guitar toolkit with a product called FastFret. It cleans your strings a treat and makes the guitar neck more smooth and your fingers will glide nicely over it.
achene
i would prefer ernie ball - and they are cheaper as well. I use both regular and power slinky's.