FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

This may sound strange....

Is this story weird or not!
It's weird
83%
 83%  [ 15 ]
It's no weird!
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

polly-gone
At my school, I found a penny and named it fred. He 'said' nice things about everybody. Today, I left him on my desk and went to go get a peice of paper. I came back and he was gone. I yelled "Fred was kidnapped!!!" and for some reason everybody was saying stuff like 'Where is fred!!!'. Everyone started looking for him. It was funny cuz everyone started to look for a beloved penny! (TRUE STORY)
RiCtee
That was weeeeird. Wasn't really funny. More like "What the HELL??". Very Happy
DynamicNames
I don't really think that it is true, since people should have enough common sense to know that it's just a penny, nothing special. But, if it is true, though, then yes, I think that that is actually pretty weird. However, it's not that funny, really.

It's just, as the first user who replied to this topic said, WTF WEIRD!
Petee
I definitely believe that story is true. Although it is quite weird (and sad that people care so much about a "beloved" penny), I have seen members of my own class do nearly the exact same thing. Several times in fact, although the "beloved object" had different names. Rolling Eyes
violetgnu
I had an eraser named Fred. We labelled one side "yes" and one side "no". Fred would answer questions. We believed everything Fred said. Everything. Absolutely EVERYTHING.

[Join the Church of Fred!]
Arseniy
It's WEIRD... weird american humour Shocked
Alias
American humours are really weird that incident always happen. The one who make the topic is really weird too. Laughing
Qube
I'm American and think it's weird.
Oh well.
Guess I'm not your average.

Ya man, really weird.
But maybe it's just me?
awesty
Your whole class didn't happen to eat some "special" brownies with some added "herbs" did they?
Because you all sound pretty weird. (No offense).
Tumbleweed
More importantly what did happen to Fred !!!!
defnet
I'd pay you a dollar just to make you stop talking about that penny.
Y'all need a life (you and your class, and maybe the teachers).
Are you delusional?

So I guess you would call the dollar Jase huh?

Fred VS. Jase! Razz
angel_of_death
hey i' m shocked Shocked
there are actually ppl over here who thnk this story is not weird???
sbel
A penny? Was this school a school for the 'mentally challenged'? No offence
ncwdavid
Ok that is weird, You named a penny? freak! sorry but seriously like.
Kyraxe
That is just a strange story
darrenpaul
yes!..what happened to Fred???
David_Pardy
When I was in primary school we were sometimes bored enough to do things like that...

I don't think it's weird. It's normal for schoolkids to find ways to amuse themselves, no matter how simple or stupid it sounds.

We also did the labelled eraser thing as well, except that we would label ALL the sides and ends of the eraser so no matter how it landed we always got an answer!
eggg
Definitely not weird, more like wyrd. Certainly in the future an important human in your life will be named Fred, or married to someone named Fred, or born to a father named Fred, or a mother, or owns a dog named Fred, or Derf, or Rfed. Certainly.
Duncan Idaho
Well I'm gonna say weird, but it's probably normal. In the event that it would happen I would say, "Fred can kiss concrete for all I care."
yy1124
it does sound strange, but you have some interesting class mates Laughing
dray101
um.... WEIRD Confused

but probably true, I know heaps of people who name stuff (like their bags and rulers Wink )
standready
Weird, but I have seen weirder. The penny should have at least been named "Abe" since that who is on the coin.
Tools and Cheese
The story aint wierd, the writer is :p.
trumnation
This is kind of a strange story... haha it sounds like you have more going on in your head than you should. Especially the part about naming the penny. But cudos for an odd but interesting and unique story.
dray101
Tools and Cheese wrote:
The story aint wierd, the writer is :p.

probably both Rolling Eyes
hack_man_
Sorry man, they weren't really concerned... Me thinks that they were just taking the p*** out of you! d'oh!
soulman
first of all... why did you name a penny? I think THIS is wired....
polly-gone
No, this is a completely true story! I am not making any of it up! and it is not a school for the metally challenged, it is my 8th grade scholars class. We are the smartest kids in the school. And i am sorry to say that fred was kidnapped and murdered by being put in the garbage can. We are having a 'memorial service' in homeroom when winter break is over. Crying or Very sad Boo hoo! Boo hoo! Crying or Very sad
James007
A good thing being strange doesn't hurt, ah?

-close-