FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

^v^ Gothic ^v^

love2infekt
What is your favorite gothic band or bands, they can be any kind of gothic band from any era of music?
engeland
Does My Chemical Romance count?
im not emo
fave goth band- evanescence
Shewolf
Tristanina Very Happy At least their old stuff... When their songwriter quited, their style really changed Not for the better.
Darius
Since when evanescence plays gothic music? i hope you were kiddding. They aren't near anything gothic.
mattchun
My Chemical Romance is a Gothic group?
I don't think so.

They are a hard rock group at most.
Chalchihuitlicue
For current gothic type bands (you are warned now, unless it's HIGHLY recommended by my friends who know my taste in music, I do not listen to American music, so almost everything I listen to is European or Japanese), I'd have to say Moi dix Mois and Phantasmagoria are my favourites.

For older ones, people might laugh, but I still LOVE Malice Mizer. Their later stuff is genius - I can listen to "Mayonaka ni Kawashita Yakusoku" for hours.
Yantaal
lets clear this upo MCR are not gothic, theyare definatley not hard rock

they are emo shit
legion
Tiamat , especially the album "Skeleton Skeletron" and Moonspell
unknown_talent
im not emo wrote:

evanescence is anything but goth Mad If you want to know what a Gothic band is, then it is HIM Evil or Very Mad.
storo
i would go 4 either blue oyster cult or nightwish. i know they are both very different and at two ends of the spectrum but i cant decide between them
warallthetm
Ok, lets clear this up. MCr isnt goth, they aren't hard rock, they aren't punk, they are not even worthy of being called emo. They are pop-rock, thats right POP

Shocked I <3 HIM Shocked
paquerat
All I know is that MCR makes me throw up a little every time I hear it. >_<
Chalchihuitlicue
I've never heard anything by MCR... Can I assume from this that maybe I don't want to?
Dr Carruthers
Chalchihuitlicue wrote:
I've never heard anything by MCR... Can I assume from this that maybe I don't want to?

Well, if you like over-produced teenage pop-punk with no original ideas at all... Rolling Eyes
Chalchihuitlicue
Dr Carruthers wrote:

Well, if you like over-produced teenage pop-punk with no original ideas at all... Rolling Eyes

So definitely a "no, I don't want to hear anything by MCR" then. Laughing
Dr Carruthers
Btw, does anyone know Sopor Aeternus?
Coclus
i don't like Gothic...
engeland
unknown_talent wrote:
im not emo wrote:

evanescence is anything but goth Mad If you want to know what a Gothic band is, then it is HIM Evil or Very Mad.

Oh yea H.I.M stands out if they're counted!
Props to Funeral of Hearts and Killing Loneliness

By the way, not to be off topic or anything, but did you know that the gothic era of architecture is nothing like gargoyles, arcs or darkrooms?

Basically the 'in' concept at that time was avoiding internal walls so that internal space had maximum light from the outside. Wink
Chalchihuitlicue
engeland wrote:
unknown_talent wrote:
im not emo wrote:

Oh yea H.I.M stands out if they're counted!
Props to Funeral of Hearts and Killing Loneliness

By the way, not to be off topic or anything, but did you know that the gothic era of architecture is nothing like gargoyles, arcs or darkrooms?

Basically the 'in' concept at that time was avoiding internal walls so that internal space had maximum light from the outside. Wink

It's so ironic, isn't it? I love gothic architecture all the same, even if it has very little similarity in style to gothic music and lifestyle. Though to me, "gothic" is more about beauty than anything else - I like gothic music because I find the darker sounds more appealing, and the same goes for why I dress in a more "gothic" style. The darker colors work well for me, and I like the contrast of white and black. I like gothic architecture for its intricacies and insane attention to detail.