FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Maximum File Size

netmajor
If this question was ask sorry,but please tell me what is a maximum file size which i can upload on server??It is some restriction about files?
wumingsden
netmajor wrote:
If this question was ask sorry,but please tell me what is a maximum file size which i can upload on server??It is some restriction about files?

If you upload via FTP there is unlimited file upload size - however, the connection will probably time out some time.
Uploading via PHP is (I think) 5 MB.
Uploading via DirectAdmin is 95.8 MB

Edit:

After looking at the phpinfo() of server 2 the max file size is 5 MB
alexdude
Thats a really good limit because most web hosts I've seen before have a 10MB cap for just FTP. Wow FriHost is aswome!
KellaDayne
hi, my question is not' really connected to this very topic, but it is connected somehow with the size....
so i'm using my host for a picture Gallery Coppermine. as was confused in counting the place which is left for all of the files in this host. does it takes spase when i add pictures to my gallery using πεσ links to outher resourses, or it stays the same?

thanx in advance for an answer Rolling Eyes
Animal
KellaDayne wrote:
so i'm using my host for a picture Gallery Coppermine. as was confused in counting the place which is left for all of the files in this host. does it takes spase when i add pictures to my gallery using πεσ links to outher resourses, or it stays the same?

If the images are "hotlinked" from another source (ie. you don't actually load them onto Coppermine, you link to the images on another site) then there will be almost zero disk spaced used. However, if you import them into Coppermine from another source, the images are still stored on your hosting space, so yes there would be usage of your 250Mb.
KellaDayne
Quote:
If the images are "hotlinked" from another source (ie. you don't actually load them onto Coppermine, you link to the images on another site) then there will be almost zero disk spaced used. However, if you import them into Coppermine from another source, the images are still stored on your hosting space, so yes there would be usage of your 250Mb.

thanx!!! Wink