FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Eye Contact Tip

dondiebel
Quote:
I was told this by a friend of mine, who is a policeman. It's not terribly complex, but it works really well.

Looking into somebody's eyes for a long time is quite difficult. Most men will feel a little uncomfortable after a while. But constant eye contact sends a very powerful image about confidence, because so few have the confidence to look for so long.

In the police world, constant eye contact is used to intimidate the interviewee, to stop him/her trying to lie. This is how the police do it:

Just look at their eyebrows.

It's very simple. You will look like you are giving deep eye contact, but you will be slightly off center. So you will find that you can do this without any of the usual feelings you get when looking deep into a person's eyes (be it for love or aggression).

Of course, there are times when you want to feel those feelings, but I think this tip works great when first talking to a woman.
Roald
While watching the others eyes, you should study his/her pupils: when they're large she/he finds you attractive. When they're small she/he does not like you so much.
But this is also dependant of the amount of light in the room...
Daisie
Thank you for the tips, sometime I find it hard to maintain eye's contact andI alway curse myself for it...
I ll give it a go !
TomS
Roald wrote:
While watching the others eyes, you should study his/her pupils: when they're large she/he finds you attractive. When they're small she/he does not like you so much.

This sounds quite interesting. I will now more concentrate on the pupils of the girl I'm talking to. (Ofcourse not only). It's a way of mindreading. I like that, if it works.
badai
all my cats always do that.
Sadow
I think it's a great tip, I will try it on my family the next couple of x-mas days to see how they react or to see if they notice.
I'm sure this will work out and I will let you know what the results of my tests were. Smile
brilliantbeauty
badai wrote:
all my cats always do that.

HAHAHAHA! That's great. ^_^ My friend's cats always do that to me before.

On a second note, are yous erious about the pupil thing? I was aware I get chatty and smile more if I find somebody attractive, but does one's pupils actualyl widen. Hmmm... must chceck on that.
RuthW
My cats bite me......

Anyway, this stuff does actually work, but if the person you are looking at notices that you arn't actually looking at their eyes, the're gonna start asking questions like "are you even listening to me??" because if you arn't looking straight at them, they might think you're day-dreaming etc.
meet in rio
[I have deleted this message.]
xkobram
Be careful! If you look to somene's eyes too much, it looks innatural for them. Try not to break the line of 70% of time looking in eyes.
prashant
While u r watching, try not to look into ur watch!
djcaution
Another thing to look out for when reading someones pupil-size is if they do drugs or not... Dont confuse a big-pupilled abuser with the bambi-eyed damsel being swept off her feet that you may have thought lol! Laughing
xkobram
prashant wrote:
While u r watching, try not to look into ur watch!

What?
Sadow
I've been experimenting with this eyebrow looking with my wife... she didn't notice a thing. I actually didn't look at her eyebrow, but I focussed on the corners of her eye right next to her nose. Tomorrow I will try again with my in-laws. ^_^ Laughing
gagelynch
I always find it really akward staring at someone for a long time, but I feel even weirder for not staring at them for long periods of time. That's mostly with other guys though, it just doesn't seem natural to make eye contact with someone for long periods of time. I'm probably the weird one, though.
The3dx
Good Tips...
now i have the secret of the woman!!!
hehe...tnx guys!
nigam
Great tips. cool
Jakob [JaWGames]
This could be useful, mostly I have no problem with eyecontact but when I am talking to a very nice girl and looks in her eyes then I sometimes get serious problems with thinking clear Rolling Eyes
Tvis
What do girls actually think when guys look at them in their eyes. Like in a public place or something. Do they really like it? I already read that it is some sort of power message that you are creating when looking someone deep in the eye. But do girls actually like being looked deep in the eye?
just-in
Excellent Topic.

You should have something special in you that makes you create such topics. These are the topics will make people share their views without giving second thought.

dondiebel wrote:

Looking into somebody's eyes for a long time is quite difficult. Most men will feel a little uncomfortable after a while. But constant eye contact sends a very powerful image about confidence, because so few have the confidence to look for so long.

This is 100% true. While talking if you look at the opposite person's eyes it shows your confident.

dondiebel wrote:

In the police world, constant eye contact is used to intimidate the interviewee, to stop him/her trying to lie. This is how the police do it:

This is news to me.

People like me preplan before talking to people like policemen to have the straight eye contact. In this case how their tactics will work?

dondiebel wrote:

It's very simple. You will look like you are giving deep eye contact, but you will be slightly off center. So you will find that you can do this without any of the usual feelings you get when looking deep into a person's eyes (be it for love or aggression).

I don't agree with this because straight eye contact will happen only when two people are standing / sitting close to each other atleast opposite sides of a table. When you start looking at their eyebrows the opposite person can easily understand that you are not looking at the eyes and trying act as if you are looking at his/her eye.

Okay.. Now I want to share something. This happened to me just last week. I was to meet a client for a web application developement order. As I know this technic of looking at the eyes since quiet long time I always use the technic atleast with the new people I meet.

It was a lady whom I suppose to meet, she was the deciding authority of that organizaiton and I was sitting in front of her and I kept on looking at her eyes.

After all she was a beautiful lady.

She too was looking at straight into my eyes and negotiating the order amount asking for some discount and all those formal blah... blahs..

dondiebel wrote:

Most men will feel a little uncomfortable after a while.

As dondiebel's theory I felt little uncomfortable after a while then I looked at somewhere and sometimes I looked at my documents then again I look into her eyes... I kept on doing this.

Once I noticed that she is also looking at my eyes continiously, I couldn't move my eyes I went on looking deep into her eyes and she to did the same and we kept on talking also. I tried to convince her on my order amount and she tried hard to convince me to get some discount.

Finally, as usual men have to give up, I gave her my pre decided discount as it was an entry to their organization. Then she gave me the orders accepting all my payment terms.

You know what I am trying to say here... After the meeting she did mention that she liked the way I spoke to her looking straight into her eyes.

May be that was reason she approved my order.

So it is indeed true that eye contact matters in any kind of relationship.

You can hide all your weaknesses using this tactics.

regards,

Justin
ALostSoul
Daisie wrote:
Thank you for the tips, sometime I find it hard to maintain eye's contact andI alway curse myself for it...
I ll give it a go !

Indeed, I thank you kind sir for your words of wisdom..
zeene
Roald wrote:

This is very cool tip, I'll try it so soon. K=Cam in timely
FrozenRain
Roald wrote:

Very interesting. My friend told me to look at their eye colour. I'm not very sure of that since I really didn't see any change. Though I have found out many different eye colours of my friends. I'll be sure that i'll try looking at their pupils dialate and things.
paulbarter
All very interesting. I think that eye contact is important in that it shows the other person that you are interested in what they are saying. It is important for romantic relationships as well as when talking to just about anyone! People respond more to body language and tone of voice than to the actual words that you use. Things like nodding when the other person speaks - to acknowledge their point, keeping eye contact, smiling, frowning etc... all work to show that you are interested and that their words are getting through. Silence from your side is negative feedback.
BlockUp
LOL, good tip for men, but if a man is in love, I would expect him not to be sacared of looking into his love's eyes.
ccer
Wow!! Interesting piece of suggestion. I will surely give it a go. Even i am not that good at eye contact. But now i think i should give it a try. Thanks for the small piece of advice. Hope it will be of some benefit to me!! Very Happy Very Happy
Logantheman
interesting.. wonder if this is how the rock does it when he does his signature stare? lol
Bofia
I think this makes you look kinda creepy..
cruisearound
Quite interesting this, i have never had problems making conversation but never noticed whether this is the reason, i shall take more note next time im chatting & see if i do this without realising?
rfarrand
i don't think the pupil trick is true for girls liking or not liking you, but good try. i really doubt that this works at all. just look at them, you can tell by their body reactions and how they carry htemself when talking to you and in your everyday interactions together. it is not hard to tell, trust me
cocobirdi
Quote:

Of course, there are times when you want to feel those feelings, but I think this tip works great when first talking to a woman.

i dunno... i think that looking even slightly away makes it look quite obvious that you're not looking at my eyes, whether you're looking at my nose, my eyebrows, that zit on my cheek...

and if you're in a relationship, you should be ashamed if you're that UNINSTERESTED enough to not really want to listen. you don't have to have constant eye contact in the first place. eye contact is important, but it is kinda wierd if someone's just staring at you the entire time anyways. show some expression. be INTERESTED.