FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


10 Things to Remember (for the guys)





dondiebel
Quotes added by Moderating Team:
Quote:
A Don Juan...

1) Is always striving to improve himself and to minimize or eliminate his flaws.

2) Makes no excuses for his desires as a man.

3) Always takes action, never hesitates with women.

4) Knows he is the prize, not the woman.

5) Goes for the close (or walks away if he decides he doesn't want her).

6) Smiles, uses strong eye contact and kino (touching).

7) Takes sexual initiative when the time is right (i.e. kisses her without asking, leads her to the bedroom, etc.).

Cool Respects women, but respects himself more and doesn't tolerate disrespect from a woman.

9) Does not let a woman take precedence over his dreams and ambitions.

10) Looks and feels good all the time.
Aredon
Quote:

2) Makes no excuses for his desires as a man.

Most would argue that he should controll his desires as a man if he wants to be greater.
Quote:

3) Always takes action, never hesitates with women.

False, confidence is good, but not to the point of failing to utilize caution on crossing her boundries
Quote:

4) Knows he is the prize, not the woman.

Very very very sexist, you will have many women mad at you my friend. Relationships are mutual, not a constant battle over who is better.
Quote:

6) Smiles, uses strong eye contact and kino (touching).

Touching is very dangerous in todays society as it can be translated as sexual harassment. There has to be an initial attraction or no positive effect will happen from this advice. Once again, exersise confident caution.
Quote:

7) Takes sexual initiative when the time is right (i.e. kisses her without asking, leads her to the bedroom, etc.).

Key being "when the time is right" which would be half her choice.
Quote:

Cool Respects women, but respects himself more and doesn't tolerate disrespect from a woman.

An interesting self-contradiction.. i have no comment
Quote:

9) Does not let a woman take precedence over his dreams and ambitions.

true, but perhaps they should be a part.
Quote:

10) Looks and feels good all the time.

humanly impossibe. The only way this is able to happen is if you PRETEND to be happy all the time, at which point you will lose yourself. Relationships have ups and downs, life has ups and downs. Period.
HoboPelican
A Don Juan:

Will grow old alone.

Is laughed at by his peers.

Will be fired for sexual harrassment.

Makes for good theatre in bars.

Has an ego inflated beyond all comprehension.

But most importantly,

Makes the rest of us guys look good in comparison.
Wink
xkobram
dondiebel is from Europe...

You both are from USA...

Another traditions...

I permit, you are right in some points, but you for me i think that not all are right. As i dont think dondiebel says truth, but i wouldnt be so critic...
HoboPelican
xkobram wrote:

I permit, you are right in some points, but you for me i think that not all are right. As i dont think dondiebel says truth, but i wouldnt be so critic...


Hmm, I'll grant you that I spoke from a US cultural bias. I have spent time in Europe, though, and in my short time there it seemed the women were not very different than US women. I will sit back and see if how other Europeans react to this. Wink However, he expressed no caveats about cultural differences, so I stand by my statements in regards to my culture.
xj975
1) Is always striving to improve himself and to minimize or eliminate his flaws.

This aspect should be something that all individuals look at en mass, to improve themselves day in and day out, but that is just my personal philosophy. (Not practiced wholy)

2) Makes no excuses for his desires as a man.

I think that control over desires is an important thing, there are already many hedonistic tendencies in existance which give into the idea of instant gratification.

Having desires is natural, there is no need to excuse them. However this statement alone doesnt offer much clarity on what specifically you mean, I wont overreach and try to guess what revelation you meant to be uncovered with those words.

3) Always takes action, never hesitates with women.

Lack of hesistation could be considered being brash and diving ahead without any forethought. IE allowing your instincts take over without processing them through a value system.

Becoming more animalistic and less thoughtful of a being, not something I would recommend. Then again I might be misinterpreting this again or perhaps taking it too far.


4) Knows he is the prize, not the woman.

This encourages arrogance, and devalues the woman because, if you are the prize then why do you need her? You clearly can get any other woman who would see your true worth.

5) Goes for the close (or walks away if he decides he doesn't want her).

So, either intercourse is had or he doesnt truely desire her....I find that a hard to swallow idea.

6) Smiles, uses strong eye contact and kino (touching).
Strong eye contact is very important. I can at least partially agree with this.

7) Takes sexual initiative when the time is right (i.e. kisses her without asking, leads her to the bedroom, etc.).

Again more with the sex. While taking initiative is good sometimes, others it isnt neccessarily the best course of action.


8)Cool Respects women, but respects himself more and doesn't tolerate disrespect from a woman.

This too sounds like an earlier point, with regard to who is the prize.

9) Does not let a woman take precedence over his dreams and ambitions.

Thats fine, but shouldnt you find someone who will support your dreams and ambitions and help you bring them to fruition?

10) Looks and feels good all the time.

That is not possible.






=================================
Unfortunately I am an American too, so my views just reinforce whats already been said.
QrafTee
dondiebel wrote:
A Don Juan...

1) Is always striving to improve himself and to minimize or eliminate his flaws.

2) Makes no excuses for his desires as a man.

3) Always takes action, never hesitates with women.

4) Knows he is the prize, not the woman.

5) Goes for the close (or walks away if he decides he doesn't want her).

6) Smiles, uses strong eye contact and kino (touching).

7) Takes sexual initiative when the time is right (i.e. kisses her without asking, leads her to the bedroom, etc.).

Cool Respects women, but respects himself more and doesn't tolerate disrespect from a woman.

9) Does not let a woman take precedence over his dreams and ambitions.

10) Looks and feels good all the time.

Wow, most of that just counters what I learned in psychology. I think your list is a recipe for disaster. A man who thinks too much of himself is just as bad as a woman who does the same.
Subsonic Sound
xkobram wrote:
dondiebel is from Europe...

You both are from USA...

Another traditions...

I permit, you are right in some points, but you for me i think that not all are right. As i dont think dondiebel says truth, but i wouldnt be so critic...


Well I'm European, and I'm agreeing with the Americans here. It makes me feel somewhat dirty to do it, but they're right.

Quote:
Very very very sexist, you will have many women mad at you my friend. Relationships are mutual, not a constant battle over who is better.


Could be sexism, but it's more likely just an over-inflated ego. Their desires aren't lesser because they're women, it's because they're not him.
HoboPelican
Subsonic Sound wrote:
.....
Well I'm European, and I'm agreeing with the Americans here. It makes me feel somewhat dirty to do it, but they're right.


LOL. I'll send a case of body wash for you. Just goes to show that some ideas are repellent enough that they can bring peoples together.

Yeah, from these few posts donny dropped on us, I can't be sure if it is rampant sexism, bloated ego or over-compensating for a very low self image. Maybe a combination. Whatever it is, I want to believe that it is NOT a cultural thing, but simply an aberation that could show up in any culture.
Related topics
Way to make your boyfren/girlfren happy
The Best George Carlin Jokes
Help needed :P
hypnosis and NLP
soundtracks
10 things you should know about every Linux installation
Does the fat virus exist and are we all going to get fat?
i want thinner legs
YouTube Vid: 10 Things I Hate About Commandments
Remember when....
Anyone seen the ten things Americans want but can't have?
10 Things I've learnt in 2 weeks
The Work Update
10-things-to-give-up-in-exchange-for-happiness
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.