FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Football Manager or Championship Manager?

Football Manager or Championship Manager?
Football Manager
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Championship Manager
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

welshsteve
I love both of these games. I have the Champ Manager 03/04 and 2006 editions, and I have Football Manager 2006.

I slightly prefer Football Manager because it isn't so difficult, and not as in depth as Champ Manager.

Both are great though
bugra9
Football Manager is a series of football management simulation games first released in 1982 by Addictive Games, and lasting until the mid 1990s. In 2004, the series was revived by Sports Interactive to replace the name of their Championship Manager series. The original series is credited as being the first ever computer game to use the concept of managing a football team. The current incarnation (Football Manager 2007) is the latest in the series. I love Football Manager.
welshsteve
I've loved Football Manager ever since I played the original on the Commodore 64 all those years ago. I remember using the sprite editor in the ActionReplay cartridge to make the ball round instead of square HAHA

The new incarnations are so different though Smile I wonder why both CM and FM are now rivals even though they are marketed by the same company
darth_revan
welshsteve wrote:
I've loved Football Manager ever since I played the original on the Commodore 64 all those years ago. I remember using the sprite editor in the ActionReplay cartridge to make the ball round instead of square HAHA

The new incarnations are so different though Smile I wonder why both CM and FM are now rivals even though they are marketed by the same company

What the hell! Let me tell you the story of FM and CM:

Championship Manager was created by some young coders, absolutely for fun. Then Eidos had interest in the game, and the CM began to become legend. It was 2004, Sports Interactive (creators of CM) left Eidos and started to work with Sega on a game called Football Manager. Then Eidos, having rights of the name "CM", they found a new game studio (beautiful game studios or something like that). Then FM 2005 and CM5 was created. CM5 was such a waste time, while FM 2005 ruled the world. So, you can't play FM with your Commodore 64. And they aren't marketed by the same company.
welshsteve
If you're interested in the history of Football Manager, read these

http://www.lemon64.com/
http://homepages.tesco.net/parsonsp/html/football_manager.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager
Scratch
i would vote for FM! Laughing
nancian
i don't like playing soccer in general on my pc nor ps2 but when s.o. plays with me, but if i do, i play fifa or proevolution 7 inmy pc ,winning eleven in my ps2
stojanovic_ivo
Hi...I'm an Assistant Researcher for Sports Interactive (the producers of Football Manager) for my country (Republic of Macedonia) and I definetely prefer Football Manager!
Blu_Spykz
I much prefer the subtle smoothness of Champ Man 07 to anything Football Manager has produced...