FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Astrology-Is there a correlation between a person's sun sign

Rowenna
Is there a correlation between a person sun sign and his profession?

For instance a lot of libras are teachers, lots of virgos are nurses or involved in the health profession, leos like performing. I once read that a study has shown a correlation but I did not keep the article.

I also read that the month you are born (not sun signs) determines your choice of mate and males prefer marrying females born one/two months before and after their month of birth and are not attracted to those born six months apart from their own birth date. Surprised

Please post your view and/or experience in this matter.
RiCtee
I think that is just absurd. Shocked There is nothing in Science that can proof this. Those "correlations" are just plain coincidences. Well, that's my view.
Rowenna
Correlations are not really coincidences. They have to be statitstical significant for a correlation to be so.

As far as I know the studies showed statistical significant correlations.

If you have done studies that are statistical signicant and that showed that the astrological results are only coincidences then you can say they are coincidences otherwise you can't just say it is so.
Manus et Therion
Rowenna wrote:
Is there a correlation between a person sun sign and his profession?

For instance a lot of libras are teachers, lots of virgos are nurses or involved in the health profession, leos like performing. I once read that a study has shown a correlation but I did not keep the article.

I also read that the month you are born (not sun signs) determines your choice of mate and males prefer marrying females born one/two months before and after their month of birth and are not attracted to those born six months apart from their own birth date. Surprised

Please post your view and/or experience in this matter.

If more than say 5% of all Libras become teachers by profession, you might have a correlation. If more than 9% of all professional teachers are Libra, you might have a correlation. if more than 5% of all Libras are teachers and more than 9% of all teachers are Libra, you definitely have a statistical anomaly and someone ought to look into it. But to simply compile anecdotal evidence does not create a statistical relationship.

As a professional astrologer, I have read the book 'Astrology Disproved" which is where the statistical summary was created by an anthropologist who first set out to debunk astrology. In his observations, he is the one who concluded the month you were born idea you mention, and proved in his analysis that there was indeed a correlation between birth and personality. But his theories went on to demonstrate that it was not at all like astrological symbolism describes. Now I could go on about how his cursory examination of Astrology allowed him to miss the mark, but that is not necessary for this discussion.

Is there a correlation between sun sign and job? Not very likely, not to any remarkable level. Having been an astrologer for the past twelve years I can tell you that I am just as likely to find one in every twelve fire fighters is a Gemini and one in every twelve accountants. It's just a mean average I'm pointing out. But you may find some level of dissatisfaction with style of career related astrologically... but very little actually depends on the sun sign.
Rowenna
It's true that simply saying so it's not worth anything unless there is a serious study about the subject. It works for both sides.

You can't say something is or isn't simply because in your observations you have found no correlations. To be able to affirm anything you have to back it with some serious research. The study that I read about was based in a sample of 60,000 linking a profession to a sun sign and there was a statistical significant correlation (in some cases). This is at least an opening for more (serious) research in this area and to find out for oneselves if it is so-- then and only then can we say that there is a correlation or not. Rolling Eyes
vynes18
Well, i don't think correlation between a person sun sign and his profession got any related.

I'm think the profession is being effected by evironment, hobby, skill and some other thing that got related with his profession.

This is just my 2cent, lolz.
cbf-cma
atrology is a complete waste of time.
Rowenna
But it has been studied by serious researchers at some time.

Anyway if it is a waste of time why are you posting here and wasting your time? I 'd like to know Surprised
Manus et Therion
vynes18 wrote:
Well, i don't think correlation between a person sun sign and his profession got any related.

I'm think the profession is being effected by evironment, hobby, skill and some other thing that got related with his profession.

This is just my 2cent, lolz.

I think I like where this is headed, or where it is coming from, if I understand it correctly. It looks like you're saying that your concept is that a person's profession might likely get selected because of envirnmental factors, hobbies, existing skills, and would you suggest then that these environmental factors (and lets not say, to be clear here, that it isn't the factors so much as the individual's reactions to these factors), hobbies, skills, etc where influenced by sun sign in some way... and that's the path towards corelating career and sun sign?

Mind you, sun sign is actually a very minor part of astrology. That above paragraph I just wrote, assumig I understood vynes original intent, is not too far off the mark on a good way to examine how astrology gets results.