FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox Download Destination

Tony The Tiger
How do I tell Firefox 2.0 to download .pdf files and other similar items to my desktop. It is currently sending them to a random folder that I don't know how it chose. It is annoying to have to go to this sub sub sub sub folder to retirieve any file I download over the internet.
wumingsden
Tony The Tiger wrote:
How do I tell Firefox 2.0 to download .pdf files and other similar items to my desktop. It is currently sending them to a random folder that I don't know how it chose. It is annoying to have to go to this sub sub sub sub folder to retirieve any file I download over the internet.

Open FireFox

Go to Tools ---> Options.... ---> Main ---> Downloads ----->

Next you can rather choose a different default place to download the files to, or you can choose the option for you to be always asked where to save the file to.
blueray
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Almost all basic options are stored in the option window. And the others for fine tuning the network access or so you can open a window and typing-in about:config. There are many options you can config to made the browsing and download much more faster. So, don't forget check out these locations. You will got a lot what you needs to search for. Smile

Hope this help.
orcaz
U prolly configured it to download automatically to the random folders. Otherwise, it would most by default download to your desktop, or prompt u where to save it.
ocalhoun
If I'm not mistaken, there is a Firefox extension that allows you to configure Firefox to download different types of files to different folders (one for .jpg one for .pdf et cetera). You might find that useful.
Tony The Tiger
wumingsden wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Open FireFox

Go to Tools ---> Options.... ---> Main ---> Downloads ----->

Next you can rather choose a different default place to download the files to, or you can choose the option for you to be always asked where to save the file to.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I will check this out later this weekend and report back. I expect no problems. It should be fairly routine from what I can tell.
lkzavr
Also u can use flashgot with download master. Both are free and easy to use. No doubt its better then standart download manager which is driving me mad. These two will organise you files: download master will automatically create folders for music, programms, videos etcetera. Best wishes and successful downloads
escalera
in firefox 2

edit ---- options ----- main

you can choose a default destination or be asked in every download.
umeshtangnu
Well you can use main options menu or use flashgot add-on to integrate your fire fox with flashget .
Tony The Tiger
escalera wrote:
in firefox 2

edit ---- options ----- main

you can choose a default destination or be asked in every download.

Dude,

Can I just say that you look like a cool cat:-)