FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you like Tetris?

ryukenden
Some years ago I enjoyed Tetris and still I play it at times and each time I play, I enjoy.

Who else enjoy playing tetris?
mstreet
I think Tetris is one of those classic games that one can jus pick-up and start playing at anytime. If you're bored and nothing to do play Tetris, its sort of like having solitaire on the computer. Challenging but mind numbing.
william
Although I do enjoy some older classic games, I'm not too fond of tetris. I use to play tetris many years ago, but since then, I've been bored of it. For most people, tetris can be fun and kill time.

Oh, by the way, despite the fact that I rarely play tetris, I've actually made my own versions. I really enjoy playing my own versions as I've changed the type of blocks, speed, added some crazy controls, etc. Very Happy
TurkishGamer
I play tetris to waste some time rather than have fun
I don't really like to brag, but I am awesome at the game.
SlowWalkere
Yup, Tetris was a great game. In high school, I had a TI graphing calculator and got a copy of Tetris (among other games) for it. It was the number one choice for time-killing during math class...

I recently played Lumines on a friend's PSP (I don't own a PSP; I haven't bought a system since SNES), and that is also a mighty fun game. It fits the same archetype of blocks falling from the sky and you organizing them. Kind of like a next-generation Tetris type game. If you like Tetris, and you haven't played Lumines, try it out.

- Walkere
Vladalf
I like tetris but *sigh* I never got time to play it....
linkman2004
I enjoy Tetris from time to time. I don't really play it on a regular basis. Now Tetris Attack, on the other hand, is always rediculously awesome. Smile
tyrant
Never really gave much thought about it. It's one of those games i played because it "the game" at a particular point in time.

I think it's alright, not very addictive but definitely helps to kill time when ya bored.
Sharpe
My dad really loves that game, we wouldn't leave for the vacation if my gameboy and tetris were not in my backpack.

I wasted quite a few hours on the game too, but not as much as my dad.
roach831
Sharpe wrote:
My dad really loves that game, we wouldn't leave for the vacation if my gameboy and tetris were not in my backpack.

I wasted quite a few hours on the game too, but not as much as my dad.

yeah my dad hates that game he likes pacman and that is the best damn game ever made but tetris is a pretty good game just not for me
vaoger
i hate it once... too low class...
but now... every thing change.. lot of reflexive or mini game creator had make a change to the game... making it much loveable and fun...
even my dad love it too
tallexander
Tetris i pretty boring but it's nice when you dont have anything to do, or just what to relax.
Senshida
I love tetris. I have it on my GameBoy, Cell Phone, and computer. Very Happy
Its so fun, just arranging those blocks to fit. And if they don't fit, you make it fit. So freakin fun!!
Tools and Cheese
I hate this game, I always lose.
roach831
yeah i thought is was kind of low class too
nancian
mstreet wrote:
I think Tetris is one of those classic games that one can jus pick-up and start playing at anytime. If you're bored and nothing to do play Tetris, its sort of like having solitaire on the computer. Challenging but mind numbing.

yeah ur saying rite
crasso
There was some rumour that KGB was developed Tetris to ruin work habits in western countries! Very Happy Laughing
Illionaire
Tetris is a great game because sometimes when you play it, you are on a roll and everything seems to come so easy, while other times you make mistakes all over the place and lose by level 4. I also think it is a healthy way to excercise the brain. It keeps you sharp.
coozy
I like tetris ,tetris is a great game..i always lose but i plays... Smile
Edas
tetris is that game the we won't ever forget. Even old,it's extremely vicious! One of the greatest games ever made!
m_furquan36
Played it for ages when it first came out...still its one of those games that you can play any time and it doesnt get boring Smile
pashmina
i have been playing this game since my childhood. i still play it on tv. Most TV builtin games have tetris
urangkayo
i still play tetris at now

i thin this game very excited for me, make me laugh
Wanderer
I love tetris. I always play it when i have some free time. In computer class when i finish everything I always go on the internet and play Tetris. I need to get Tetris DS so that i can play it whenever i want.
traxion
Wanderer wrote:
I love tetris. I always play it when i have some free time. In computer class when i finish everything I always go on the internet and play Tetris. I need to get Tetris DS so that i can play it whenever i want.

me to

i always play it on school

the game is so easy that it is fun:)
Terrrenia
I love tetris too! But ech time i play it, I am angry because of that. Well, I'm not the best player that you've ever seen... But I'm trying Smile
ikka
I Love it... but i don't play it so much now... Rolling Eyes

( sorry my English is not good)
ujhan
Best tetris I ever played was using the link-cable on the nintento gameboy in the mid-90's. You linked the gameboys, selected tournament mode, then every line you made got added to the bottom of your opponents screen! I think 0 went for a single, 1 for a double, 2 for a triple and 4 for a tetris.. ..brilliant.

now, where are those gameboys...

-hunt-
falco211
Yes...I never get bored of it. My favorite Tetris game is Tetris Attack. I love puzzle mode it keeps me busy for at least two hours. If anyone is wondering it is on Gameboy Color and Super Nintendo.[/u]
guissmo
Yea. Tetris, or "brick game" as we like to call it, is one of those classics, like PacMan and Mario, which you can't really set free and forget for eternity. It's such a fun game. Very Happy
SoldatX
Hey you know, the teris was one of the first best game ever, i remember playing it Smile
Riesjart
I play it on my phone, when there's nothing else to do.. I really like that !
I played Tetris for the first time when I bought my Gameboy. Tetris was the only game I had for the Gameboy.
coby
oh my god! yeah i remembering playing tetris on gameboy too...that was my first game, and today i still have it for gameboy...just the other day i uploaded it onto my cell phone (motorola v360) and now i'm playing it like crazy! Smile
Seiji
I play it in my Web Design class or on my cell phone when I have nothing do. It makes the time go by faster.
darknight985
Sure i mean its the first ever GOOD video game that actually makes you think about what you are doing. I prefer the gameboy version more than the others.
magneto_ms
Invented by the famous Alexey Pajitnov; It is an awesome game ! He says he named it because each piece contains four blocks (hence tetra) and also wanted it to sound something similar to tennis.
Kirbyssj
Tetris is a propaganda tool from the Russian goverment!!!!(Just kidding, but it might be and we just dont know yet)
But besides from that its a great game and I can't ever stop wasting endless amouts of time playing it.
It's odd how we find falling colored blocks so interesting.
reddishblue
coozy wrote:
I like tetris ,tetris is a great game..i always lose but i plays... Smile

Of course you loose I don't think it can be won.
Anyway I like tetris as a timewaster but Pac Man kicks its but!
gerontius
ryukenden wrote:
Some years ago I enjoyed Tetris and still I play it at times and each time I play, I enjoy.

Who else enjoy playing tetris?

i love tetris... you should try lumines... it's even better
oxwood
I love tetris. I play it now on my mobile phone when i have a little free taime Very Happy
Lady Elensar
tetris.. yeah. played it often on such a thing.. *looks for picture*
can't find a picture Confused but you know what a mean.. such thing like a gameboy, which you can play tetris at Razz
floriansimon
I like tetris. well it's old, but funny! Smile
juvenal007
tetris!! clasic game!! nice game play now!!! xDD : Razz Razz Razz
Fake
Tetris is a classic game, though these days I dont have much time to play tetris. i am happy with NFS and COD2
willy101
I remember back in the day when I used to play all the time....Nowadays there are so many tetris wannabees that the original stuff is lost to the world. Tetris was sort of replaced by some of the more modern versions of the like, but well....most of it just way too flashy.

~willy
urbanbuddha
Tetris is a really addictive game for me.

I'm currently hooked on Tetris DS, and since its has Nintendo WFC, its even mroe addictive.

I remember a few years back a few of us would still play the tetris on the N64 with four players. Then there was the infinite flip trick to prevent us from dying.
photon
How can anyone forget tetris!! Its a classic and will not fade away even after a century! I still have it on my mobile phone, and whenever im bored, i just start playing. Its one of those rare games that doesnt require any knowledge, and you can just have fun !
TheSublime
tetris rules. people who say they don't like it are just denying it.
theem
I 've been playin it since my childhood man....
n you're asking do you like tetris....
I love that game......
Laughing
Chel
It's simple yet fun. I'm not into those 3D games and stuff, i get dizzy. Very Happy
DSGamer3002
Tetris is one of my favorite games! Smile I have Tetris DS, as well as the very original game. I play Tetris DS online every now and then, because stacking blocks, for some reason, never gets old. Razz The creator of Tetris must have been a genius, as he/she created an addicting, fun, and classic game. Cool
ShawnKelfonne
Tetris is an amazing game, because no matter how many times you play it, you'll always end up coming back to it later. I actually won a Tetris tournament that was held at my school last semester. Got me a nice gift card and bragging rights that I was the Tetris champ. :3

We were using the old Tengen NES version, the one that was illegally produced and such, since the official Nintendo version didn't have a 2-player mode.
lethaltriad
Tetris is a timeless game, I was in Miami to visit my cousins the other day and they had the portable Tetris player and I played it for hours every day, Its one of the greatest games because I know I can never get tired of playing it. Very Happy
schooldays
I haven't played Tetris in a while. It is a classic though. There is a Nintendo DS version out, though, which I may look into. There are already enough games on my wishlist at the moment, so I doubt it would be for a while, actually.

I think I remember having a really small games player thingy that played Tetris, ages ago. I would have no idea where the thing went, though. The DS version looks very cool with all the Nintendo stylings. Sometimes I think that retro games are better than the new ones. Stuff like Pacman, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario World, Ocarina Of Time.

I don't know, there are loads of great new games, but nowadays it is just too cheap to make a game (or companies have more money), just like film-making, as seeing as loads of developers are rich enough to do it, they can put out loads of games, regardless of the quality. Even Nintendo are losing some of their roots.