FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird

turbosquid
Here is my problem all be it a minor one, My desktop PC uses Firefox and Thunderbird as the default browser and mail clients, my laptop uses the same . On my desktop PC in Firefox under the Tools menu it has "Read Mail" which when clicked opens Thunderbird and gets my mail, simple.
However for some strange reason my laptop does not show this link, so my question is how do i integrate Thunderbird into Firefox's tools menu?
It maybe straight forward but i can not see anything in the options to do so.

Any help would be appriciated.

TurboSquid
dray101
I can tell you why you probably have the 'problem', it will be because you have different versions of Firefox on you PC and laptop.

This is because the new version of Firefox (1.5) does not appear to have the button or menu item that the earlier versions do.

I tried this extension, it didn't seem to work for me.
ORVAL
I can't give you the reason. However I found an extension named MailMan which is wonderfull to manage several mail boxes directly though firefox.
You get a small icon on the toolbar telling you how much unread mails stay into your mailboxes. A single click on the icon opens the corresponding mail (either thunderbird or hotmail.com). Try it and tell me
turbosquid
Thanks for your help, I will give the Plugins a try, it's not really a big problem but i just got used to clicking "Read Mail" from witihin Firefox and now i don't have that option i kind of miss it Sad

Thanks

TurboSquid
flameboy1974
the newer version of firefox no longer includes the get mail button. As the other have said, you need a plugin. There are a million plugins up there so take ur time.