FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What to get your girlfriend for christmas

Bofia
what to get your girlfriend for christmas
Christmas is coming soon and those of you who are lucky enough to have a girlfriend might not be lucky enough to know what to get. This is a guide for those who are clueless. You want to get something that no one else would give so that you show that you are unique and your girlfriend is grateful to be yours. Don't fall for other gift guides that just list you a bunch of their own products as the perfect gifts.
A thing that a lot of people might think is lame is a book. A book is nice because it is something your girlfriend will keep and actually make use of. You will more likely be remembered.
If you are rich you might want to consider something more expensive. An ipod is a popular gift. You can get a new ipod shuffle starting at around $80.
Things to stay away from: jewelery, flowers, money. These things are so common and show that you are uncreative. They usually cost more than other more thoghtful gifts. If you must give cash, at least get it in the for of a giftcard. Giving away something like $500 is also not a good idea as it will just make you seem like a desperate guy.
If you are on the cheap side you can always resort to the classic gifts that always work. Cards with personal messages are always nice to receive. Chocolate is also always a nice gift but a little unoriginal.
Whatever you decide to give, make sure it is personal and has thought put into it. Just don't go too far with what you get.

-Written by Bofia
ralphbefree
after many years of really trying to get that special thoughtful gift that would make her happy and think of me all year long. well last year i finally found the holy grail of gifts for my girlfriend. She had hinted that she wanted skin care products but i was clueless and had no idea that beyond chapstick and makeup that there where other products out there. well let me tell you all that it was painless and simple. what you do is go down to her favorite department store: Macy's, Robinsons May, Nordstroms, any one will do they all have the skin care departments. I knew i was on the right track when the sales lady asked me if i needed help and her face lit up with glee when i told her i was getting a gift for my girlfriend. She asked if there was a brand name that she liked; fortunatly mine had explicitly told me what was the best on the shelf. But as it turned out i did get all the wrong kinds of skin products. I mean there where moisturizers, cremes, globs, i don't know what i bought. I told the sales lady how much i wanted to spend and picked out all the products put it in a nice box and even wrapped it for me; meanwhile i was getting a cup of coffee.
When my girlfriend opened her gift box she was excited that i had gotten her such a gift that recognizes her beauty and feminity. of course like i said i didn't get any of the right stuff but the day after christmas we had to back, to her favorite department store, and she spent a couple of hours exchanging for exactly what she wanted; meanwhile i was getting a cup of coffee.
merry christmas, happy shopping
angelussum
This is tough. I think it depends a lot on the girl. Some girls like jewelery Razz What counts is that it fits for the girl you are dating.

You could go plan some romantic date with them. Trip for two to mexico for a week..

I'd almost argue it's more generic to give them an ipod. That is like the ultimate gift to give anyone you don't really know about.
Aredon
The hard part mainly lies in coming up for original gifts for anniversaries, birthdays, valintines day and christmas. Eventualy you start to run out of "original gifts"

Though If I must suggest one. If your girlfriend enjoys shopping, telling her you are giving her some money and taking her shopping is typicaly a good one. (throw in a meal afterword if your feeling up to it)
Bofia
any gift could be a good gift as long you present it right. Someone could get away with giving a rock away if he knew what he was doing and is smooth
UnikeViruz
What would you get a girl who your not dating but your about to hook up with? Nothing diamon nor too expensive? but what?
Bofia
get something personalized. At the mall or some place you can probably engrave her name or whatever message you want for maybe $10 - $20.
tingkagol
a dying rose
xkobram
This year im giving porcelain fragment with a short message written on it (fx. "For friend Andrew, from Martin") to each of my friends...
cavey
Tip: Ask her girlfriends! Especially if you're going to buy beauty products.
Tip2: Listen to her! Then give her a present that you know she would like, because you are listening to her and paying attention when she tells you something.
Tip3: A romantic trip (if you're rich)
Bofia
Also a good idea: get her something that will get her friends jealous. Something she would be proud to brag about. Not something that she will hide
driftingfe3s
My girlfriend's CD player broke and she's recently been listening to music using her phone. Knowing this, I got her a MP3 player..
livein10
Sometimes if you buy your girlfriend or wife something that you don't really understand you will find it still in its original package in a drawer six months later. Remember that she wants to make you happy, too, and appreciates the thought. But you still want to get her something that she can use most of all.
xkobram
cavey wrote:
Tip3: A romantic trip (if you're rich)

How about romantic surprise?

Bofia wrote:
Also a good idea: get her something that will get her friends jealous. Something she would be proud to brag about. Not something that she will hide

Realy good idea! This could be anything... Nice!

driftingfe3s wrote:
My girlfriend's CD player broke and she's recently been listening to music using her phone. Knowing this, I got her a MP3 player...

Well, not everyone is so rich...

Nice ideas...
bcarasco
This is my first Christmas with her, so I am not quite sure what to get her, but I do have her presents, I have a necklace with diamonds all around it, a handmade card with a note from me, a mix CD including our favorite song, a book that we used to read to each other over the phone, and a red teddy bear that is holding a heart saying I love you.
Insanity
I don't think there are gifts that can be used for any girl. Every girl is different and you have to think about what she likes and what she needs... the guy who gave his girlfriend an MP3 player is on the right track. You just have to be observant and watchful... maybe she just broke her headphones, or can't wait for the next Harry Potter book to come out...
Srs2388
I got my girlfriend a 10k gold ring Smile she loved it...
some girls love jewelry though... some would rather just go to the movies and have a date or something Wink
xkobram
Srs2388 wrote:
I got my girlfriend a 10k gold ring Smile she loved it...
some girls love jewelry though... some would rather just go to the movies and have a date or something Wink

Well are you sure that she realy loved it? or she she just know how much are these things expensive? Maybe she like it, but do you think she wouldnt like much cheaper ring?
Srs2388
I'm pretty sure, she told me "I love it!!" and grabbed me and gave me a kiss... then later on she told me i shouldn't spend money like that and that i could have gotten her a stick of gum and she'd love it because it came from me
but, I do get your point, gifts don't have to be expensive to be meaningful it's really the thought that counts Smile
xkobram
Srs2388 wrote:
I'm pretty sure, she told me "I love it!!" and grabbed me and gave me a kiss... then later on she told me i shouldn't spend money like that and that i could have gotten her a stick of gum and she'd love it because it came from me
but, I do get your point, gifts don't have to be expensive to be meaningful it's really the thought that counts Smile

If you dont feel sory for that money...
Bu you love here... OK
just-in
I suggest a special KISS for the XMAS and you get it back on NEW YEAR!

Wink
ALostSoul
Bofia wrote:
what to get your girlfriend for christmas
Christmas is coming soon and those of you who are lucky enough to have a girlfriend might not be lucky enough to know what to get. This is a guide for those who are clueless. You want to get something that no one else would give so that you show that you are unique and your girlfriend is grateful to be yours. Don't fall for other gift guides that just list you a bunch of their own products as the perfect gifts.
A thing that a lot of people might think is lame is a book. A book is nice because it is something your girlfriend will keep and actually make use of. You will more likely be remembered.
If you are rich you might want to consider something more expensive. An ipod is a popular gift. You can get a new ipod shuffle starting at around $80.
Things to stay away from: jewelery, flowers, money. These things are so common and show that you are uncreative. They usually cost more than other more thoghtful gifts. If you must give cash, at least get it in the for of a giftcard. Giving away something like $500 is also not a good idea as it will just make you seem like a desperate guy.
If you are on the cheap side you can always resort to the classic gifts that always work. Cards with personal messages are always nice to receive. Chocolate is also always a nice gift but a little unoriginal.
Whatever you decide to give, make sure it is personal and has thought put into it. Just don't go too far with what you get.

-Written by Bofia

I made my girlfriend a flash about the good times we've spent together, and a neat drawing of her name
jeanoradean
Why not give nothing...christmas isn't about presents anyway.
Off course this only works if she thinks so too, otherwise you're in trouble!
jobu
yep pretty much agree with you there...

Quote:
This is tough. I think it depends a lot on the girl. Some girls like jewelery Razz What counts is that it fits for the girl you are dating.

You could go plan some romantic date with them. Trip for two to mexico for a week..

I'd almost argue it's more generic to give them an ipod. That is like the ultimate gift to give anyone you don't really know about.
russel26
hug ang kiss... thats important to greet your love ones..