FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Right-Click Scott Rants About Frihost





rightclickscott
I love the concept, and the staff is great. But it seems like the only posts I make anymore are in my own hit contest, The Daily Guess A Number Game. Why? Is it because I am not capable of making the same constant 4 point posts I used to? No, it's not that. I still make them. It's that I can't find any good topics to post in. Now, there is the eventual interesting topic that actually passes through my eyesight, but most of the time, it's the same crappy ideas for topics all over again. Whenever I make an interesting topic, NOBODY posts in it! I mention a good game in the Games section, no one gives a damn, they just focus on the latest FPS. As much as I like to rant about the stupidity of what people call gamers and what gamers really are, I won't get into that.

Another thing I want to address are the people here. Now, I can understand that most of the people here don't speak English and can't type very well, using broken English with as few grammar errors as possible. Then, there are the other people, the people who use "txt tlk", the people who don't take the times to type out their words or don't use punctuation. People, type out your damn words! And also, one thing people seem to use a lot are, of course, smileys. I don't mind the occasional smiley. But when I see one every freaking post, it pisses me off so much. Especially when people use this smiley: Laughing . They use it after they make a crappy joke, thinking they are funny. There are those here who are really funny, in fact, I have seen a new person around here who I think is generally funny and a intelligent person who I think I can easily be friends with, and his username is peaceninja. However, when it comes to everyone else, I don't feel like you're my friends. Except for a few other select people here, everyone else posting their old, tired out opinions is just someone looking for a reason to keep their points up and use stupid smileys and think they are funny, they are not my friends. I understand that most people don't care if they are my friend, since all I am is a post who's been around for almost a year now, and who's gotten to the rank of Addicted Frihoster, noone more. I have stated before that I wish to become a moderator to help keep this place clean, but that's just a dream.

People, this is just my opinion, and it would make me happier, of course, if I saw more people acting smarter. But, I believe that my ranting will not change anything. Everything I've said are just the things that really get to me on Frihost. There are more things, but these are the things I face the most. This is the Irish bastard, signing off.
guissmo
Well, y'know, I'm fine here in Frih. I'm not voting for any of your complaints. I find the forums OK.
Captain Fertile
Hi rightclickscott

First of all it was good to read your rant and it was well constructed but I don’t agree with all of it.

Bearing in mind I have only been here a very short amount of time the only two things you said I agree strongly with are when you don’t like people using ‘text speech’ and people posting simply to keep their points up and not really contributing.

BUT the there is the rest of your post… …why do others appear not to be your friends? In my short amount of time here I have built up a picture of many of the characters on FriHost and I don’t tend to post directly aiming at you because you come across as rather unfriendly and negative, not my type of person. While this opinion may be ill-conceived, unfair or just plain wrong I can only go by my feelings after reading your posts.

Of course, if you truly feel the way you claim in your rant then this will explain how my opinion was conceived. You appear not to like the majority of people here.

That said though my opinion can change and I will never be unfriendly to someone unless they do something aimed directly at me so there is no reason why we cannot be friends but you may class me as one of the stupid posters, I cannot say.

Personally, I use smileys to ILLUSTRATE my feelings at the time I am typing a particular sentence. I may be happy at reading something, embarrassed at my lack of knowledge, to show that something is intended in a light-hearted jovial manner because plain text does not show when things are meant as a joke and problems can arise – that is the purpose of smileys, to colour your online ‘speech’.

As for people not posting on threads you feel to be interesting, I agree this can be a pain but you have to accept that if people don’t post on that thread then it clearly does not interest them unless you have just been unfortunate and your threads have been overlooked.

It is frustrating but you have to live with the fact that what you find of interest others may not, move on and enjoy your threads that people do enjoy like your phenomenally successful guess the number which is a thread I never thought would take off but is HUGELY popular.

I don’t call people stupid for playing on your thread just because I think it is quite a silly game, I just accept that I am in the minority and I am probably wrong – it is not everyone else who is wrong and they certainly are not stupid simply because they disagree with me.

You state you would like to be a moderator, your posts give the impression you have a chip on your shoulder and the last thing a moderator needs is this quality. At the risk of mixing metaphors, some power and an axe to grind is not a constructive mix.

I know this may appear to be a personal attack on you but that is the furthest from my mind. I just felt it was unfair to call everyone stupid because you don’t agree with him or her.

If you disagree with what I say please let me know and I will have a rethink, check my facts and either agree I made a mistake and apologise or say I stand by what I said.

There are two clear courses you can follow, try to get along with those of us you don’t really like or think are stupid and maybe build some friendships or, write us all off as a waste of space and find another forum that has more like-minded people.

The latter may be a shame because I am sure you have a ton of great stuff to contribute to this forum if you felt a little more positive about its other users.

Written With the Utmost Respect to You.

From
The Captain

P.S. If I could not find any threads on FriHost in which to contribute I would blame my lack of willingness to look rather than a lack of quality threads out there. You will be hard pressed to find a better general interest forum out there with such a turn-over of interesting threads.
You just have to be willing to join in.
Quiviro
Well, maybe we're stupid. Accept this cause you can't change it. Wink

English is not my first language so you can imagine what I think of "txt tlk" but I understand people do grammar mistakes, some times I do.
rightclickscott
Captain Fertile wrote:
BUT the there is the rest of your post… …why do others appear not to be your friends? In my short amount of time here I have built up a picture of many of the characters on FriHost and I don’t tend to post directly aiming at you because you come across as rather unfriendly and negative, not my type of person. While this opinion may be ill-conceived, unfair or just plain wrong I can only go by my feelings after reading your posts.

Of course, if you truly feel the way you claim in your rant then this will explain how my opinion was conceived. You appear not to like the majority of people here.


Actually, I can be rather charming and witty. The reason I come off as unfriendly and negative is because I'm an arrogant prick who creates a rant about how he doesn't like the community all that much and then hope people read it because I want points and I want people to pay attention to me. Your opinion is rather well conceived and I understand where you're coming from. Forgive me if I contridict myself, but it's not so much that I hate the community, but it's more that I dislike posting here because of the community. It may be hard to understand, but there is no singular person on this entire forum, let alone any group of people, which I just outright hate.

Quote:
That said though my opinion can change and I will never be unfriendly to someone unless they do something aimed directly at me so there is no reason why we cannot be friends but you may class me as one of the stupid posters, I cannot say.


Honestly, because of your post, I cannot class you as an idiot. In actuality, your post really made my day. You could easily become part of the select group of friends that I have here on this forum.

Quote:
Personally, I use smileys to ILLUSTRATE my feelings at the time I am typing a particular sentence. I may be happy at reading something, embarrassed at my lack of knowledge, to show that something is intended in a light-hearted jovial manner because plain text does not show when things are meant as a joke and problems can arise – that is the purpose of smileys, to colour your online ‘speech’.


I understand that full well, but the fact that everyone uses smileys every second of every day makes me very uncomfortable, and it's not any of the entertaining smileys like this one: Shame on you, this one: Speak to the hand, this one: Eh?, or this one: Dancing. It's always the same worn out tired smileys I see everyday. It's the literal abuse of smileys that really gets to me, especially this one when people think they are funny, which, most of the time, are not: Laughing. Actually, this smiley scares the ****** out of me.

Quote:
As for people not posting on threads you feel to be interesting, I agree this can be a pain but you have to accept that if people don’t post on that thread then it clearly does not interest them unless you have just been unfortunate and your threads have been overlooked.

It is frustrating but you have to live with the fact that what you find of interest others may not, move on and enjoy your threads that people do enjoy like your phenomenally successful guess the number which is a thread I never thought would take off but is HUGELY popular.


Actually, I rarely ever make threads. However, most of them are on Games or Shows which are in actuality really good obscure games or shows that I know people will like, but they overlook them because they don't take the time to see something interesting, and would rather go post in the latest thread that will locked soon about Halo or Naruto.

Quote:
I don’t call people stupid for playing on your thread just because I think it is quite a silly game, I just accept that I am in the minority and I am probably wrong – it is not everyone else who is wrong and they certainly are not stupid simply because they disagree with me.


That's very true actually. I don't call the people on my game stupid either, because then they won't play it anymore. The thing about it is that I enjoy seeing every guess that comes along in my game, as silly as you may think it is, it's actually the biggest thread, to the best of my knowledge, in Frihost history. As for you thinking so little of yourself, don't be. I believe there is no such thing as wrong or right, just opinions, and I have avidly expressed mine in this thread, as well as some others. I say express your opinions as much as possible, so people can know about you and that people can understand other people's opinions, instead of just wallowing in their own.

Quote:
You state you would like to be a moderator, your posts give the impression you have a chip on your shoulder and the last thing a moderator needs is this quality. At the risk of mixing metaphors, some power and an axe to grind is not a constructive mix.


Well, what you must know is that this is not the first time I've said this. I've mentioned it in many places, even right at the moderators. However, I will not be stone-faced mod who just brings the banhammer down on everyone and locks every thread I see, I would rather express my opinion first before abusing my power.

Quote:
I know this may appear to be a personal attack on you but that is the furthest from my mind. I just felt it was unfair to call everyone stupid because you don’t agree with him or her.


I didn't get that impression once, ok, maybe I did when I started reading it, but don't worry about it. I may not agree with everyone, but I certianly don't think any less of their intelligence.

Quote:
If you disagree with what I say please let me know and I will have a rethink, check my facts and either agree I made a mistake and apologise or say I stand by what I said.


Dude, your opinion is your opinion, you shouldn't change it just because I said I dislike you. But you did mispell apologize.

Quote:
There are two clear courses you can follow, try to get along with those of us you don’t really like or think are stupid and maybe build some friendships or, write us all off as a waste of space and find another forum that has more like-minded people.

The latter may be a shame because I am sure you have a ton of great stuff to contribute to this forum if you felt a little more positive about its other users.


Well, hot dog, do we have a philosopher on our hands like every single emo kid with a livejournal. You have to understand something, I came here just like every other shmuck that came here, for the free hosting. I'd like to stay for the community, but there is hardly anyone here except for a few select people who I can actually call friends of mine. I treat everyone else not as an equal, but more of someone who's just trying to express their poorly thought out opinions with overused cliches, un-witty jokes, and lol smileys. It's really a shame. I'm just a depressing person I guess. Oh, and I have found the forums you've talked about, and I love those places.

Quote:
Written With the Utmost Respect to You.


Good ending, ya got style, kid. How'd ya like ta roll with my gang, see?

Quiviro wrote:
English is not my first language so you can imagine what I think of "txt tlk" but I understand people do grammar mistakes, some times I do.


I understand this, that's why I've mentioned this before. Read:

Quote:
Another thing I want to address are the people here. Now, I can understand that most of the people here don't speak English and can't type very well, using broken English with as few grammar errors as possible. Then, there are the other people, the people who use "txt tlk", the people who don't take the times to type out their words or don't use punctuation. People, type out your damn words!


I certainly don't want to discriminate against anyone who doesn't know English all that well, but there are plenty of people here who do, and decide to act like idiots when the time comes around to posting.
Captain Fertile
Quote:
Dude, your opinion is your opinion, you shouldn't change it just because I said I dislike you. But you did mispell apologize.


'Apologise' was correctly spelled. I am English and I write in English, British English. Of course, if you look through my posts you will find plenty of examples or mispelled words that are indeed incorrect.

Quote:
Well, hot dog, do we have a philosopher on our hands like every single emo kid with a livejournal.


Could you eplain this comment? At my age it isn't very often I am compared to any kind of kid.

Other than to two above cases I think that about covers all that was said.
James007
We probably just don't like aggressive people on our team? And please remember we also have people who speak real English, before trying to correct them. Apart from that the General Chat is no blog space.
rightclickscott
Captain Fertile wrote:
'Apologise' was correctly spelled. I am English and I write in English, British English. Of course, if you look through my posts you will find plenty of examples or mispelled words that are indeed incorrect.


I know, I was joking about it. Once again, it's the whole exchange of cultures.

Quote:
Quote:
Well, hot dog, do we have a philosopher on our hands like every single emo kid with a livejournal.


Could you eplain this comment? At my age it isn't very often I am compared to any kind of kid.


I wasn't making a joke about your age. I was trying to make a joke about how everyone can philosophize, even stupid little kids. I wasn't calling you a stupid little kid, not even, however I don't even know your age.

James007 wrote:
We probably just don't like aggressive people on our team? And please remember we also have people who speak real English, before trying to correct them. Apart from that the General Chat is no blog space.


I can be as quiet and as tactless as I need to be, but assertiveness doesn't hurt every now and then.

Also, are you trying to say that just because I'm American, my English isn't real English? That's Prejudice! I'm calling the Cops!

Also Also, if I was treating this like a blog, I would be talking about each of my relationships over and over again. I'm just stating my opinions about the Frihost community. If you want to lock the thread, fine.
wumingsden
Wow, now that was some rant. It seemed like you really needed to get it off your chest. Right now this thread seems civilised so I have no problem with it, opinions vary however which you are well aware of.

I'd just like to point out before I earn my Point$, which is obviously the only reason I come here, that James was not being prejudice (which I think you already probably know). In my opinion however, I think anything that is not UK-English is completely fake.

P.S - You'd probably notice sarcasm in the above text if I used similies, one good way of expressing an emotion. Hmmmm, I wonder if that is why they call it "emotions"? Rolling Eyes (sorry, I just couldn't help myself).
saratdear
I agree with some things you said.
First of all, I think you are partially correct about the lack of interesting topics. I did make threads myself, but not a lot now. As you said, when I start a thread, NOBODY replies to it! Well, the only 2 so called popular,(if you could call it that) threads I have ever made, is one about the HP book 7 and one about ghosts. Some people do have a knack of creating popular topics. Maybe I can't come up with enough good ideas.
And about the post quality and language : I LOVE well constructed posts with proper punctuation and all. In fact, one of the 'good' posters which I have seen around here is Captain Fertile. I wish I could convey my thoughts and bring them into proper form like him/her.
About the emoticons : Well, as someone else said, they are here to convey your thoughts or expressions, and I really don't mind an occasional smiley from time to time.

And finally, hoping it wouldn't freak you out,

Laughing
ryanh2006
Woah guys enough of the flaming already! I mean come on can't we be civili about this?? Its both childish and negative to the community to keep on posting tit for tat. I think that both of you guys have very valid points but trying to counteract each other is not going to solve anything. I am expecting to get flamed for this but I just wanted to post my 2 pence/ 2 Cents, to make both of you happy!
wumingsden
If this thread was really flaming then it'll be locked immediately.
Captain Fertile
ryanh2006 wrote:
Woah guys enough of the flaming already! I mean come on can't we be civili about this?? Its both childish and negative to the community to keep on posting tit for tat. I think that both of you guys have very valid points but trying to counteract each other is not going to solve anything. I am expecting to get flamed for this but I just wanted to post my 2 pence/ 2 Cents, to make both of you happy!


Hi, (I am typing this while smiling and not flaming you in any way) I wasn't flaming nor posting tit-for-tat (just having a conversation) and I thought I was being perfectly civil. If anyone thought otherwise my apologies but I was being as friendly and as adult as possible.

I had no intentions of posting anything more on this thread as I believe I have said all I need to and made my position clear but I had to make this, which I hope to be my final post on this thread.

Cheers Very Happy

PS
Thanks to one of the previous posters (saratdear I believe) who said something rather complimentary about me, I was delighted to read it - you made my day! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
reddishblue
Oh I am SOOO sorry not all of us can reach your intellegence Right Click Scott.
Did you ever hear of wisdom, it is not in fact the same thing as intellegence, wisdom allows someone to tollerate others, even when they don't make clever jokes and can be slow to understand.

Real intellegence is a clear understanding of the world and as far as I can see you seem to have some sort of superiority complex, seeing as in such a large community you respect just one person, peaceninja, well Scott I respect many of the members on these forums, I respect all the staff for devoting their time for these forums, I respect Bikerman for his fine posts in the science forum and I have great respect for Captain Fertile for being perhaps the most logical member of these forums as well as many other members whom I look up to.

I try to tollarate the members who can't speek english because they happen to be born in a different country and I am sure you, Right Click Scott cannot speek Indian or Russian or whatever language anywhere near as well as they can.

We are entitled to our own opinions, something that is always priceless but Mr. Scott you need to learn more about toleration before you speak and your post seems to greatly resemble one that a troll may make, you did not expect a positive responce, I must say that the only thing I agree with in your entire post is that TXT speak is very lazy and a sign of disrespect to all those who choose to read it.

I wish you good luck in understanding others Right Click Scott because not everyone is as endowed as you.

~Reddish Blue
wumingsden
Oh dear, how suddenly a thread can change

-locked-
Related topics
The best car advert ive seen for a long time
Who are your favriote Frihosters?
Right click and links
someone take out the TinyMCE's Right click menu![lock!]
Morrowind Voice actors needed
PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE LOCK ME
RANDOM QUESTION: Online Identites..
If you could have an altered ego...who would it be?
How big of a web presence do you have?
Disable Right click script in CSS ??????
What to do to prevent right click on a flash file ?
Linux file manager needed that will sum sizes of directories
Disable Right Click On ANy Browser
Frihost IRC Channel Banners
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.