FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash over php

PriDe
Is there any way to place flash over php like in html

the main idea is to have some flash content over a phpbb2 forum.

I have added the folowing code to the index.php in the phpbb2 forum

<html>
<body>
<div align="center">

<div style="position: absolute; width: 100px; height: 100px; z-index: 1; left: 200px; top: 30px" id="layer1">

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000" id="obj1" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" border="0" width="640" height="480">

<param name="movie" value="snowfall.swf">

<param name="quality" value="High">

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

<embed src="snowfall.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="obj1" width="640" height="480" quality="High" wmode="transparent"></object>

</div>
</body>
</html>

but it's giving me this error on top of the forum's php
Code:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/u/n/i/uniunderground/html/forum/phpBB2/index2.php:7) in /home/content/u/n/i/uniunderground/html/forum/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 487

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/u/n/i/uniunderground/html/forum/phpBB2/index2.php:7) in /home/content/u/n/i/uniunderground/html/forum/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 489

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/u/n/i/uniunderground/html/forum/phpBB2/index2.php:7) in /home/content/u/n/i/uniunderground/html/forum/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 490

any help might be usefull 10ks
chris20
the code you showed doesnt have any php in it, are you just showing the output of the html? to debug we need to see the php that is causing the problem

at any rate though, that error generally happens when you do session_start after the first line of your document(at least im pretty sure it is), so you might want to check if you are doing session_start at the line that it says, also if you are trying to redirect the page using the header() function messes it up if it isnt used before you send data to the screen

hope this helps, and i hope someone that knows a little bit more about this could post as well and add on to what ive said, in less sloppy english
vinx_18
I think this has got to do with your headers... you have put some header functions at the top of your script (if I may not mistaken).. You have to put ob_start(); before your header functions.--> This function will turn output buffering on. While output buffering is active no output is sent from the script (other than headers), instead the output is stored in an internal buffer.
hexkid
Your flash has nothing to do with the error you show.

PriDe wrote:
Code:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/u/n/i/uniunderground/html/forum/phpBB2/index2.php:7) in /home/content/u/n/i/uniunderground/html/forum/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 487

This means that the PHP instruction at line 487 of page_header.php wanted to send an header, but, because "normal HTML" output had already started at line 7 of index2.php, it couldn't send the header.

solutions:
a) delete line 7 from index2.php
b) rework your script so that all headers are sent before any "normal HTML"
c) use ob_start() and friends