FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

guiatr -> PC

Yantaal
Right, so i have bought some adapters that enable to plug my bass lead into my microhpone port in my PC.

does anyone know of anyway that i can get this to come out of my speakers?
Captain Fertile
I'm not too sure but be sure that your PC speakers are up to the job of playing the sounds created by a Bass guitar.

Nothing like a bass for popping a speaker.

Good luck! Smile
David_Pardy
It's not a problem.

Plug it into the microphone socket, then you need to double-click on the little speaker volume icon in your system tray. Go Options -> Properties, then tick Microphone and Ok out of there.

The Microphone will appear in the list of volume controls, unmute it and adjust the volume to suit.
poiko123
You can do it that way. But the quality will not be good at all.
cybernie
that what i will suggest too. the quality of the sound wouldn't be that good if you're just using a standard PC speaker. Try replacing your speaker with high quality one that is compatible with the computer and your electric guitar.
Kaisonic
I'm pretty sure that plugging a guitar into a microphone port on a computer will definitely not get the same effect as plugging it into an amp. An amp amplifies the sound coming from the guitar, something a computer can't do. What would probably work better is to plug the guitar into an amp, then use the adapters to plug the amp into the computer. Adjust your volumes so it's not blasting, and it should work better.
kikass
connecting the guitar to a pc is ot difficult.. as many have said here just connect guitar out to microphone in and that should do.. the quality of sound you get depends on how good your speakers are.. but even with very good speakers it doesnt come close to a proper amp+speakers combo.. to get around that you need a amp software like guitarFX or FXBox or jesusonic.. these are the ones i have used and i am sure there are many others.. but in among these 3 i prefer guitarFX.. try these out and see which one you like the most.. ya but you'll need a decent PC to run these softwares.. on slower machines there is a noticable lag.. as in you pluck the string and the note comes out of the speakers a second later!!! all the best !!!
Srs2388
It's fairly simple Very Happy I do it quiet a bit..
check out guitar rig 2 demo and you will be blown away with the tone
just make sure you have a decent sound card....
it has a few bass effects.... i use an electric though... If I were you I'd make sure that the computer speakers have a sub
Sickness
with a bass you'll break your speakers, sure Rolling Eyes
BladeRunner
Whatever you do DO NOT plug a guitar of any kind straight into your soundcard. Take a line from your amp if it's got one and even better an effects pedal or mixer. You could seriously kill your soundcard.

The software I use for recording guitar tracks is called Cakewalk. It looks simple but is very powerful. Other than that I use Proppellerhead's Reason for mixing.