FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox 2 upgrade

snowboardalliance
So when will the auto-update of firefox 1.5 go to 2? It has been a while but I haven't taken the time to just download it myself. Basically should I wait for the bugfixes or just download it separate now?
SamiTheBerber
snowboardalliance wrote:
So when will the auto-update of firefox 1.5 go to 2? It has been a while but I haven't taken the time to just download it myself. Basically should I wait for the bugfixes or just download it separate now?

I think it will go when FF3 will be released. FF1.5 is still supported and fixed. Next auto-update in FF1.5 will be version 1.5.0.9 if it will be released.
orcaz
I think it maybe because they belong to different "major versions", so mebbe it will not autoupdate? As some ppl may wish to keep older versions, as it maybe less buggy or vulnerable due to the fewer features.
Kd527
I think that you actually need to go to Mozilla with your browser and download and install Firefox 2. I don't think the auto-update will update it to version 2.
welshsteve
Kd527 wrote:
I think that you actually need to go to Mozilla with your browser and download and install Firefox 2. I don't think the auto-update will update it to version 2.

I agree. It is actually possible to have the two versions alongside eachother.
blueray
It should be not providing any online update coz the installer already does what you needs to do. Smile
orcaz
Anyway, there is an update for both version 1.5 (to 1.5.0.9) and version 2 (to 2.0.0.1) todae.
welshsteve
indeed there is Smile

I use FF2 myself
Stubru Freak
There is no auto-update to the next major version yet. Mozilla is working on this and probably the update to 3.0 will use a dialogue asking if you want to upgrade to the next major version, or to the next minor version.
corey
I've never been one to wait, so i got it when the first developer RC was out (but I was running 3.0alpha nightly along side of it). I recently grabbed the new 2.0 release myself and am surprised witht he compatibility of the plugins that I use. I'd suggest that anyone who doesn't want to wait, don't, as 2.0 is faster, loads faster, and has that neat spellchecker built in. Its hard to go back now.
roboguyspacedude
Not much of a difference, though the new Adblock Plus extension is especially awesome. The rest of the features haven't changed at all though.