FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Writer

SixthStorm
Whenever im not on job, playing with friends or at training for martial arts i write on a book. My biggest dream is to make a book that get's made into a movie.
The book is my hobby and pleasure. I wanted to write it since i can remember but it first recently hit me that i wanted to become a Writer. And i have a rather good imagination so it's going to be about mythical creatures aka. Lord of the Ring type of way. Smile
Kirth
Thats realy nice!

Me, myselves, have some special thing whit writing myselves.
I tihnk, the most important thing to do, is practice...
When you practice, you will feel what sounds, and feels normaly,
and you will get a better writing-style.

You should chek out www.Writing.Com is the online community for writers and readers of all interests and skill levels. (you even get you're own writer email ^^, I prefere my mail, but it looks PRO Smile Razz)

Maybe, you're dream could become the truth! Smile.

~Friendly Regards,
Kirth.

edit::

Also;http://storywrite.com
Is a GREAT site! Chek it out!
SixthStorm
Thank you very much for that link. Very Happy

Since i just started on it this will be of great help and you are right.. practice makes perfect. But also whenever i start writing i get hit by massive inspiration and suddenly i have to decide which story i actually want. So it's not easy but yet it's still quite fun and nice to see what the mind can come up with. Smile

Again thank you for that link and good luck to you also. Smile

Regards
Captain Fertile
I have an old friend who runs a website for writers and has done for a few years now. It can be found at http://www.oneofus.co.uk/

The forum can be used to pick up lots of good pointers as well as meet other writers and find tips and other up-to-date web pages dedicated to writing.

Hope it helps.
jsarnold
Hmm.. I notice that it is 2 years since the last post in this thread, but what the heck? I'll scribble my little thoughts down here for the record anyway, and maybe someone will get lost and find themselves ambling down this way again.

I actually found this thread because I was looking for the term 'writer', and was surprised to find very few results. Within three quarters of a million posts I guessed there might be a few budding writers in here, but we seem to be a rare breed.

I am a writer. I think most writers would admit to having always been a writer. But I was lucky enough to be given the chance to pursue writing as a career, rather then merely a hobby squeezed in between work, family, sleep and paying the bills.

When I was in junior school, my age still in single figures, I adored writing stories. I was fortunate enough to be in a school which focused heavily on creative writing opportunities, and I wrote furiously. I think I worked my way through more exercise books than anyone else!

Sadly, as is so often the case, secondary school tried hard to beat any form of creativity out of me. For the entire time I was at secondary school, from the age of 11 to 18, I was never given the chance to write a story. Appalling, isn't it? But that's UK education for you.

After graduating from university four years later I became a school teacher - teaching English. I tried hard to beat the system wherever I could, and give children the chance to write - and loved it.

However, 12 years later I decided to pack in teaching. I simply wasn't being given the chance to teach. I was a paper pusher for most of the time, which didn't interest me.

So, one day I simply quit. And found myself jobless.

Good plan.

I decided I was of the age where any long term decisions I was going to make about my life, my direction, and who I really am would have to be made soon. So I began writing freelance.

I wrote for hundreds of companies across the world, initially for a pitiful sum of money, but as my reputation grew, and the fees rose, it became a very lucrative career.

More recently I have been able to spend more time working on my own writing projects - a novel, several plays, and a collection of short stories for children.

I think that if you have found this post because you are also looking for writers on here - drop me a line, let me know I'm not alone here. Maybe we could organise a Frihost Writers' Circle!

But above all - if you have found this post because you have an itch deep down that tells you that you want to be a writer - go for it. Don't ignore it, don't abandon hope, and never give up. Writing is a disease - and the only cure is to get those words out in the open; you'll find the itching subsides for a while, at least.
jwellsy
Quote:
I dimply quit....got for it...three lower case I's
?
That drives me nuts.

I make a living as an industrial technical procedure writer.
dbershevits
I would like to be a writer, but I don't have the time now. My life has been busy, and I don't have the time for cool stuff like writing.
jsarnold
Real writers make the time! Get up an hour earlier, halve your lunchtime, take the train to work instead of driving so you can write then - there are always opportunities.

If you really want to write, then you'll be driven to make the time.

I used to have a full time job with an hour's commute either side of it. I used to get up between 4-5am and spend time writing for an hour then.

If you don't write, it may be because, deep down, it's a fantasy rather than a craving.
Fooky
jwellsy wrote:
Quote:
I dimply quit....got for it...three lower case I's
?
That drives me nuts.

I make a living as an industrial technical procedure writer.

*My penis drives my nuts, and I make a living avoiding technical procedures and the people who write them.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but my guess is you're right in spite of your chauffeured nuts.

* Yes, I make it wear a little hat--it's much more professional that way.
Fooky
jsarnold wrote:

If you don't write, it may be because, deep down, it's a fantasy rather than a craving.

YOU! Are wearing a turtle's neck!
mgeek
jsarnold wrote:
Hmm.. I notice that it is 2 years since the last post in this thread, but what the heck? I'll scribble my little thoughts down here for the record anyway, and maybe someone will get lost and find themselves ambling down this way again.

I actually found this thread because I was looking for the term 'writer', and was surprised to find very few results. Within three quarters of a million posts I guessed there might be a few budding writers in here, but we seem to be a rare breed.

I am a writer. I think most writers would admit to having always been a writer. But I was lucky enough to be given the chance to pursue writing as a career, rather then merely a hobby squeezed in between work, family, sleep and paying the bills.

When I was in junior school, my age still in single figures, I adored writing stories. I was fortunate enough to be in a school which focused heavily on creative writing opportunities, and I wrote furiously. I think I worked my way through more exercise books than anyone else!

Sadly, as is so often the case, secondary school tried hard to beat any form of creativity out of me. For the entire time I was at secondary school, from the age of 11 to 18, I was never given the chance to write a story. Appalling, isn't it? But that's UK education for you.

After graduating from university four years later I became a school teacher - teaching English. I tried hard to beat the system wherever I could, and give children the chance to write - and loved it.

However, 12 years later I decided to pack in teaching. I simply wasn't being given the chance to teach. I was a paper pusher for most of the time, which didn't interest me.

So, one day I simply quit. And found myself jobless.

Good plan.

I decided I was of the age where any long term decisions I was going to make about my life, my direction, and who I really am would have to be made soon. So I began writing freelance.

I wrote for hundreds of companies across the world, initially for a pitiful sum of money, but as my reputation grew, and the fees rose, it became a very lucrative career.

More recently I have been able to spend more time working on my own writing projects - a novel, several plays, and a collection of short stories for children.

I think that if you have found this post because you are also looking for writers on here - drop me a line, let me know I'm not alone here. Maybe we could organise a Frihost Writers' Circle!

But above all - if you have found this post because you have an itch deep down that tells you that you want to be a writer - go for it. Don't ignore it, don't abandon hope, and never give up. Writing is a disease - and the only cure is to get those words out in the open; you'll find the itching subsides for a while, at least.

Thanks for sharing. I write, though I don't see myself as an aspiring writer. A Frihost Writers' Circle would be a good idea, and I'd join if only to observe.