FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lock solved topics...

Marston
The moderators used to be really good about this, however, recently it hasn't been happening alot, and as a result of this there are many spam-like/post-whoring replies. It's especially bad in the support forums.

Is it possible that the mods could be a bit tighter about this?
Blaster
I too agree with this suggestion. It seems like the mods arn't doing what needs to be done.
wumingsden
Although all the mods are busy (christmas is coming, YAY!!) but we are coping fine, thank you.

I will not lock any of the threads mentioned above because one is a day old, and the user may want to ask another question, and the other "post-whoring" one, (I have no idea what "post-whoring" is) seems to suggest another idea which the thread starter could use.
mathiaus
We just can't win. We close locked topics and some members complain. We don't lock them, just let them be and different members complain. Rolling Eyes

Any suggestions on how to satisfy the locking needs of everyone?
wumingsden
mathiaus wrote:
We just can't win. We close locked topics and some members complain. We don't lock them, just let them be and different members complain. Rolling Eyes

Any suggestions on how to satisfy the locking needs of everyone?

Maybe a lock/un-lock request button that can only be pressed by the thread starter? The request to lock or re-open the thread would be sent to rather a random moderator that is online, or is listed in a queue (a little like how the hosting request works).

This would take time to code however, which bondings doesn't have much of. There are probably also more important things frihost-wise to consider.
Blaster
yea lock topics when they are solved and if that user wants it reopened they pm a staff member.
Animal
Blaster wrote:
yea lock topics when they are solved and if that user wants it reopened they pm a staff member.

In order to lock "solved" topics, users need to edit their topic titles to contain [solved] so that we know to lock it immediately. You'll find that just about all topics with [solved] (or similar) in the title will have been locked.
Marston
^ Only a small number of users know this, and an even smaller portion of users practices this.

Also, I'm not calling the ability of the moderators into question (Blaster can do as he wishes Razz).
Scorpio
Marston wrote:
^ Only a small number of users know this, and an even smaller portion of users practices this.

Then it would be better to put up a sticky in the announcements forum suggesting that users do it.(if there isnt one already :p)