FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What video site is best?

Boffel
It as comes alot of video sites where you can post youre own videos, like youtube, metacafe, video-google, break, etc...

What do you think is the best? I like metacafe most, because I find the best videos for me there, and its also fast.

What about you?
cybernie
have tried youtube only. videos there are fairly good in quality. haven't tried those other sites you said... gotta them next time i upload some videos. a friend of mine told me to try revver. he said it's good, better than youtube.
Yjaxygames
I don't like youtube because of one reason: all videos are so small.
Captain Fertile
I like metacafe because the posting regulations are not as strict as those on YouTube so you see a lot of stuff there that you wont on YouTube.

Plus it seems to run a lot faster and cleaner than the other sites.
Srs2388
I like youtube... people are very rude on it though... Confused
Blaster
I like break. They pay people to show there videos. And its a good amount of money too Very Happy
Captain Fertile
Blaster wrote:
I like break. They pay people to show there videos. And its a good amount of money too Very Happy

I've never heard of that one and I tried searching for it with no luck. Does anyone have the address please? Cheers.
bogger
Yup, it's youtube for me, just because of the larger audience and ease of use
darrenpaul
Yjaxygames wrote:
I don't like youtube because of one reason: all videos are so small.

You can enlarge them with the little button to the right under the vid.
ravi_9793
mine vote goes to youtube... Razz
conrutr
youtube is the best
i like it
DynamicNames
I have really only tried Youtube out. Too bad that you can only put videos on there that is less than 10:00. That's what I don't like about Youtube, but almost everything else about Youtube I like. Such as there layout during any vid., there comment boxes, the number large number of videos they have for many people to watch, and probably more that I forgot about.

However, if you just can't get your video to be lower than 10:00, then I suggest Google-Videos or maybe Veoh.
gtherockgod
Its annoying how with a lot of videos on youtube now, the audio and video aren't quite in sync.
seagullspirit
I like metacafe and youtube when looking for some funny stuff but when I like a clip for some sort I look for it on google video cause they have higher quality videos.
crimson_aria
even though youtube annoys me sometimes.. I still like it. so, well yeah, youtube for me.
sambaer
have really only tried Youtube out. Too bad that you can only put videos on there that is less than 10:00. That's what I don't like about Youtube, but almost everything else about Youtube I like. Such as there layout during any vid., there comment boxes, the number large number of videos they have for many people to watch, and probably more that I forgot about.

However, if you just can't get your video to be lower than 10:00, then I suggest Google-Videos or maybe Veoh.
Slammer
id have to say dailymotion.com

Far higher quality than crappy youtube
Jack_Hammer
Id have to say YouTube because most people use it and it is very simple, I would prefer Google but it has a lot fewer people and more heavily monitored.
mstreet
To be honest I really don't go to any video sites unless there is something that I am truly after. Does anyone remember adcritics I think its still around, it was one of the few places where people could watch all the whazzzup commercials at the time. I'm dating myself here.
nilsmo
Youtube has the most movies. I'd go for that one.
absolutdani
Youtube has loads and loads of movies, but in Metacafe their policies are not so strict, so there you will find a lot of stuff you'd never watch in Youtube
cybernie
yeah, youtube has a small display. the problem now with this video sites is the issue of piracy. some user posts copyrighted materials. this poses a big problem to the site developers. maybe that's one reason why youtube has been sold to google... i don't the veracity of the information regarding the selling of youtube to google though. just heard it from the news.
Alias
I use YouTube to upload my movies and some other anime episodes. It loads really fast.
mschnell
Captain Fertile wrote:
Blaster wrote:

I've never heard of that one and I tried searching for it with no luck. Does anyone have the address please? Cheers.

http://www.break.com/
chougard
My favorite is YouTube. Never let me down when I'm searching for a video. I like their layout.
Kaisonic
I think YouTube is probably the best, and most popular. The only beef I have with them is that they convert sound to mono...but that's just a perfectionist thing I have. I personally like just downloading a video instead of watching it in a browser, but usually just for videos I make. I suppose for just browsing videos, a flash-based player in a browser is best.
paulbarter
I like google video. It gives good matches to what I want to see, and I can guarantee that the content is decent. However in South Africa our connection is really slow, so watching any video takes some time! Sad
Arseniy
youtube is 100% the best. many people know about it, it's useful.
amusic
i thought there is only one video site on net? I mean the most popular and dominant the market. Youtube should be the one.
NuniPio
i would say youtube but thats only because its the only one ive ever tried, apart from the one they use on bebo
sibbahz
Im personally a fan of youtube, but ocasionally look round google video.
seawolfxp
i think youtobe is the best
duckling
I think YouTube is the best because there's all the videos i want to watch and it's really fast.

So my vote goes to YouTube Smile
TeenZine
i dont make videos (well i do but I dont post them online) but I like viewing you tube videos the best cause theres more of a variety.
Utopia GFR
I mostly surf on www.youtube.com and find there almost everything im looking for that is related to artists and music.

Nevertheless, I must admit that the video display is pretty small and cannot be resized unfortunately.

Moreover, the videos can only be viewed online (no downloads on the hard disk drive for copyright matters I guess).

Anyway, I don't consider this video gateway as being the best out there; the website is just added to my bookmarks for a quick reference Smile
k10000s
I have only watched goole video. There are ranks so that I could enjoy popullar videos. However, the reanking did not change quickly. I will try the other video web site in this post. Thanks.
pashmina
of all video.google.com is good one. it is simple, it has its own video player and it has powerful search engine
docdude75
youtube.com by far
The3dx
youtube ofcourse...
cats4fun
I use youtube most of the time, but havea go at google video every now and then.
murtazahh
I have tried Google videos, and you tube, but still, i have to say that you tube is much better. More people use it, sometimes affecting the time for the videos to load, but it is easier to use. Also, i have a feeling that Google videos, use(not anymore) to require you to put the video yoou want to stream ,on a another hosing site(of your choice) and then they would just link it. Could some one confirm that for me. THanks Very Happy
mialynavahy
youtube; you find everything you need there, but google-video is not so bad because you can download videos on your computer or your ipod
Thug
F youtube, yall should check out --> http://stage6.divx.com

Has some high quality clips on there, and you can share vids aswell
mackhenry
i vote google videos . Very Happy
youtube has short vidoes Crying or Very sad
lusian
Personally, I have tried metacafe, google videos and youtube. I prefer youtube mainly because that's where I always find a specific video I'm looking for. It is true that you can only upload a maximum of 100MB, hopefully some day they are going to make it bigger.
One thing I don't like about youtube is that sometimes people leave messages that aren't very appropriate. Oh well...

Is it true that google has bought youtube? I heard that a few months ago but I was expecting some google banner to appear on the site.
Blu_Spykz
I have tried Google and Youtube.

My 2 year old daughter prefers google because she can watch Thomas The Tank Engine on it... Confused ... and who am I to argue with her? Very Happy Razz
pedrothelion
I found some funny stuff on metacafe today and got stuck there, but then, I get stuck on most vid sites when I start going through stuff... I found the whole clip of the mountain lion fighting bears and wolves that I'd only ever seen as a gif earlier which was neat..

Oh, and today I found footytube.com, which seems to be great if you're searching for cool football clips! Cool
qbawler311
I would have to say youTube, didn't google but youTube, anyone know if they are planning to merge youTube with google video or something of the sort.
r_y_e_20
Captain Fertile wrote:
I like metacafe because the posting regulations are not as strict as those on YouTube so you see a lot of stuff there that you wont on YouTube.

Plus it seems to run a lot faster and cleaner than the other sites.

Yes i find YouTube strict on video contents, let me try MetaCafe then.
James Yu
Youtube is the best in the speed wise and no too much ads...

Combine the power of google, Youtube will be even better in 2007
Zews
The strange part, is that YouTube got bought from Google.

So will both sites keep up? Competing with eatchother??

The shame with all of those sites is that the compression is so destructive, and the time and effort you put into making the movie, feels useless when you upload it to google video, and it compresses with its own compression.

After that, it doesnt look nice anymore.. Crying or Very sad
vynes18
The best video site must be youtube.com, second is google video then yahoo video.

Cheers to youtube founder (Their now are Billionaire, thanks to Google.)
RhysAndrews
I vote youtube - I've tried only Google Video (used to like it much more than youtube), but then I got into youtube. I guess you're all right with the small videos, and a little slow sometimes - but I can usually find what I want to find.

-Rhys
iNs@nE
Well because majority of the internet using population go for YouTube they might consider it good.

But coming to those who use a bad connection cant watch video's without continuous buffering on YouTube.
You could go for Break or FlashLife both of which offer lil bit lower quality of video uploading but good enough to watch without interruption..!
Yazz
All of those who said YouTube are sheep.

SHEEP I SAY!

Anyways, I despise YouTube and Google Videos because of how much retarded material there is on there. Most of what you see on those sites is just a crappy waste of time. I only use YouTube to watch videos that my own friends made. I almost never use Google Videos anymore. I used to use MetaCafe, with their handy program that downloaded videos in the background so you could watch them whenever you wanted. Haha, not so handy, more like a waste of bandwith. I only use Dailymotion to watch movies that have been uploaded, like real full length movies. If anyone wants the site that links to these, PM me.

As for the best video site I've come across... It's Spikedhumor (http://www.spikedhumor.com/). It's a great site with a very involved community. You can upload a video and then everyone on the site has their fair say on whether or not it's worth putting up, so the archives are mostly kept free from videos that are a complete waste of time. I'll admit that because of that, there aren't a massive amount of videos made by emo kids, so if that's what you want to watch, go back to YouTube. And if all you want to post are your own subpar videos (let's be reasonable here, most of us can't film something worth a dollar), then best bet is to post it on YouTube because over there, it doesn't matter how pathetic your video is, and it doesn't matter what people say about it, it'll stay on the internet forever, and that's pretty much all you want anyway.

Another site is m90 (http://www.m90.org) is where you can find interesting videos, many of which haven't circulated the internet yet. I honestly have no idea how they manage it. But my first choice still remains Spikedhumor, because of their uploading system. Also, your original video format is stored, and your video is converted into an flv for the site, so people can watch videos without waiting forever to load or eating up bandwith to watch something that you don't want to. Quality is good, full screen ability, nice player.

There you have it. I'm cranky, so excuse my bluntness or sarcasm.
Archetype
Eh, I don't know. I'll go to Youtube every now and then to see home made videos, and what not, but not so much for humorous videos. If I want new content, I'll check out thatvideosite.com, break.com, killsometime.com. There's a tonne of them, and they're just getting more and more popular. I once toyed with the idea of making a video site, but it just wouldn't be worth it due to the strong hold that Youtube has over everyone.
Dragonfly
youtube dot com is the best according to me. The best thing about youtube is that the video quality is very good. Secondly, while playing one can hold it and play later on as the file downloads by itself. Comment, rating and other functions like embedding are great too.
pestaa
imho, youtube is the bestest Razz am happy with it Smile
jds10912
i mostly use youtube
i think that it is by far the best out of what i have used, but that is not all that much.
i do not like google video that much, im not sure if it is because of the interface, or lack of videos when compared to youtube, but i always pic youtube first. but google video is cool because you don't ahve to download anything if you want to grab a video off of it, you can just click the button over to the side Smile
funnyerror
In my opinion, youtube is the best video site.... it has tons of great videos for anyone to watch, and its simple to upload your own for millions of people to view.

-FE
Whong
I'd say Youtube is the best! It's simple and really nice. Only thing is that the picture quality of the videos isn't the best possible, but it's ok. Wink
spazbutt32
I've only tried Google Video, Youtube and Putfile.

Google Video is my favorite, though, because since my high school uses it for their educational videos it's not blocked, whereas YouTube is blocked under its own little category.

Youtube is great as a community site whereas G-Vid only has a little tab for comments. Putfile is just a host with a clunky, badly-designed interface, but that's where I put raw audio because nowhere else lets me. Razz
seagullspirit
youtube is the best when it comes to funny videos but I truely love video-google when looking for higher quality videos
Billwaa
you tube/ google is pretty good.
Chelissamow
Youtube has a lot more videos (and a lot of stupid, pointless ones, too). But I personally like Google video because the screen resolution is better and you can resize the windows and such.
mgx_virtual
YouTube is much better if what you need is quick and simple sharing, easy navigation, and it has much more content. Google Video on the other hand is much better in terms of video quality and speed.
Seiji
I use youtube mostly but I also use Yahoo video. Youtube has a lot of videos so its more convenient to use it. Yahoo just links you to youtube Laughing