FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

problem with pc

aladavlis
Hello,
I am having trouble with my Internet explorer.It is doing some very odd things.Sometimes it will completely close the page i am visiting for no reason or it will be very slow loading pages and when i say slow i mean very very very slow for eg i tried to google something and after 10 minutes of the page trying to load i gave up.I thought that it was perhaps the topic i was searching so i tried putting in random things to see if that made any difference but it didn't.Another problem i had was when i was on a forum and clicked on a link and nothing happened i tried to open a new tab and that wouldn't work either and it would let me access any options that are in my tools menu.i had to restart my computer.Just to let you know i have high speed Internet connection.Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me with this problem.
the zephyrus
What happens when you try using a different browser?
pluto
It could be a number of things. I would start by clearing out my cookies, downloaded web pages, and history, the restarting the computer. It may be your ISP is having some issues.

If you are up for trying a different browser, I recommend Firefox. You can download a copy at www.getfirefox.com
Firefox is free and easy to use.

Good Luck.
cruzo
Please give us more information, like
Are allways the same pages that are slow?
Are you notice , if is in the same each day in the same time?
Do you share your high speed connection?
Is obviously that firefox is much quickly than IE7, but I think the problem is not going to be in the browser, at least if IE7 is not damaged.
You need to consider if your ISP has not problem. ¿Have you ask them about it?
Have you tried the DOS command netstat to monitor what is going on you connection?
Maybe your Modem or TCP/IP interface is damaged, MAybe this happend when it getting harm.
Maybe Your ISP can give you another parms to configure and resolve the issue.
There are so many "maybe".
pashmina
Have you checked your internet connection? check your speed at http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/idt4.php and have you tried it in other browser. does the page opens in other web browsers.
i will help you if this also doesn't work
sunpascal
seems like these questions scared him off....
KoXaL
try to update your i. explorer or try to use virus program and scan your o.s you can use avast or other virus programs. if your XP is orginal try to update i.e 7. it is better solition. or try to use different internet browser