FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are old joysticks dead?

Guyon
I installed anew motherboard, graphics, and sound card. I discovered that there is no longer a joyport on my sound card.

Are the old joyports dead? I have seen a few joyport to usb boxes, but am wondering if that convert all the force feedback and other goodies my MS sidewinder force feed back pro did?

Has nayone used the joyport to usb converters?

It also seem like there is less and less joystick games.
Edas
Guyon wrote:
I installed anew motherboard, graphics, and sound card. I discovered that there is no longer a joyport on my sound card.

Are the old joyports dead? I have seen a few joyport to usb boxes, but am wondering if that convert all the force feedback and other goodies my MS sidewinder force feed back pro did?

Has nayone used the joyport to usb converters?

It also seem like there is less and less joystick games.

I had a commodore amiga 500 when I was a kid and I always played with a joystick. Since I have a real personal computer the joystick use started to fall and fall and the graphic cards started to appear with the joystick port. Meanwhile, the usb technology started to raise so fast that it's almost impossible to make something in a computer without those ports. Anyway, the usb ports also let electrical energy to make some equipment to work, like modems, printers, etc, so, its completely possible to give u all the force feedback you need. By the way, I have a Microsoft Sidewinder (without force feedback) and it always worked fine when connected to the usb port. If it is more fast and more reliable, I say thank god we have usb ports and technology!