FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

fantasy fiction

sarapicoazul
What is your favourite fantasy/high fantasy fiction book(s)? In my opinion Lord of the Rings and The Wheel of Time are the best.
violetgnu
Eh, i've read up to book 10, and Wheel of Time series has an interesting world, but plot wise seems to have hit a standstill. It just keeps on running, and running...and nothing happens.

Tolkien's always got a special place in my heart, but there's a thread on that already Smile. I like the Redwall series the best, I think, because it's comforting. Like chocolate milk.
Yantaal
this has been done before, bt

Ian Irvine.

tad Williams

these arer my faveroute to date.
peter117
I guess terry pratchett, but then again I don't read that much Fantasy.
scimitarmoon
Most of what I read is technically "science fiction" but some of it borders on fantasy as well... For fantasy I like "The Hero and the Crown" by Robin McKinley, "The Golden Key" by three authors whose names I cannot recall at the moment, and "Firebird" by Mercedes Lackey... If you count the ones that are in the sci-fi section at my library there are several trilogies/series, like the Kushiel series by Jacqueline Carey, the Amber Chronicles by Roger Zelazny, and the Dragon Prince/Dragon Star trilogies by Melanie Rawn. I also like Lord of the Rings, but it's been forever since I sat down and read those books.
Shike
I enjoy fantasy quite abit. FOr comedy read R.L. Asprin's Myth series. I also enjoy Ed Greenwood, Elaine Cunningham, R.A. Salvatore (Demon Wars series), Tolkein is classic, Jacqueline Cary (Kushiel's Legacy), C. S. Friedman (Coldfire Trilogy), Piers Anthony (though he does more sci-fi fantasy mix).

This is the list I've got for now. I may have more later.