FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FRIH Logo

the-geek
the only thing i dont like here is the logo for this site. it just dont create any visual impact to me as well(i guess) to many others.maybe bonding just dont have much time to look into this but some of us maybe able to come up with something more interesting as some of the members are good at this. what you guys say?
godam64
its a normal logo that not eye catching.
i think the color should be changed not monochrome like we have now Smile
frozenhead
[suggestion] Uhm.. Bondings and the team will have launch an event, like a Logo-Making Contest for FriHost. I'm sure there are a bunch of good graphic artists who are here registered. [/suggestion]
Peterssidan
Everythig here is grey so why not have that gray logo. I think it's nice. It's nothing that you begin to look at and thats good.
I think that this kind of logos work beter in the length... because people not look at it that much we never get tired of it.
coolclay
That logo was created in a logo competition long ago. I think it is very good and professional. It simple, it gets the point across and it is not obnoxious.
Captain Fertile
The logo may not be anything special but it lingers around the edge of your mind so you would recognise it right away if you saw it amongst a lot of other shapes that, after all, is just what a good logog should do.

While a competition to create a new one would always be a good idea I feel that change just for the sake of change is a bad thing.

If you get a better result then fair enough otherwise just leave well alone.

I would be interested to see what people could come up with though.
R2.DETARD
The current one is so much better than the Rainbox one though...
alkutob
Sometimes when I look to another logos of another sites , I find the the

colors and ideas are come to be the same , which did not lead me to save

those logos in memory to point quickly to those sites even the name of

those sites may be clear but not identifying those site without my

concentration .

But I find that frihost logo attract my attention quickly .

It is my opinion and may be this happen to me because I used to look at

it more than other logos .

To conclude , I did encourage anything new and lead frihost to look better

and better .
reddishblue
R2.DETARD wrote:
The current one is so much better than the Rainbox one though...

Rainbox was a joke!!!
Anyway I might try it but because it will not be used I might not! Laughing
greenwoodmonkey
I personally find the logo very dull... it has no visual impact and the grey and white seems to lay too flat on the page...
Ok, lets face it, the whole layout and coloration of the site isn't brilliant, but who's gonna listen to me? I've not posted on here for so long they have deleted my page...
By the way - do I need to resubscribe if I want my pages back up and running?? Anyone know??
glabase
I think it's nice the way it is - the bluey grey is a subtle trend that is shared throughout the message board general theme. Cool
seagullspirit
I love this topic, and yeah the logo needs some serious work to turn it into a a clear elegant trademark.. and maybe the admins should make a contest on this topic with user logos Wink
zjosie729
I think this whole website needs a face lift, Especially the logo. It shouldn't be so grey-ish. I think Frihost would do well with some bright colors.
Kirth
zjosie729 wrote:
I think this whole website needs a face lift, Especially the logo. It shouldn't be so grey-ish. I think Frihost would do well with some bright colors.

I completely think the same as zjosie Smile.
The site looks old-ish. And the gray alone, kinda makes you depressed xD.
I think the site and logo, and forum, and kinda everyting.
Needs a complete make over.
But, like we say: " Een goede wijn hoeft geen krans".
(Whats good, doesn't need all those things, to look good...)
Frihost doesn't need one either (the "krans" thing),
ass what i have heard, and seen.
FriHost, is good, free, fast.
Its just the best hosting ever!
mstreet
I think the logo is ok. It's simple it doesn't really need to be loud.
Kaisonic
I think the logo is very fitting to the site. The site has a light gray color scheme, and the logo matches that. It's easy on the eyes, nothing too catchy (cause think about it, you really don't want a catchy logo on EVERY PAGE of the forums), yet still noticable. If the logo changed to something more colorful, the whole site would have to match those colors. But I dunno. Just a thought.
Daisie
I think that the logo could do with a wee lifting Wink it's true that it's a bit dull and fading in the background...
Alias
For me its a nice logo because its simple and sleek. The logo doesn't need to be change.
RhysAndrews
The Logo is NOT
- Eye Catching
- "Simple and Sleek"

The logo is dull, not symbolic (it has a circle... means a lot to frihost doesn't it), and it is overly-soft-edged, possibly to imply some sort of "good-quality-look", when that went over the edge and it made it look ugly. The font doesn't match the website at all, and the only thing I think is good about it is it matches the websites look - dull and grey.

I would at least be happy with it if that circle went, the blurring (aka overly used soft-edging), and in replacement of that circle was a nice rectangle.

-Rhys
scimitarmoon
I don't mind the logo, or the colors, but I feel it's too blurry (got too many soft edges on the text and such) and that makes it difficult for me to read. So if I had to change one thing, or ask for one thing to be changed, it would be the blurriness. Embarassed
DynamicNames
Not that it really matters to me, but I agree. The logo and general layout of the site is pretty dull, with most of it white and a not so interesting logo. Maybe Bondings or someone else should make the site more colorful and make a new logo to make this place more attractive to the eye, and make this place more appealing to new users who want a Frihost account.
Soulfire
It's simple and sleek. It doesn't take long to load, or waste bandwidth like another one might. I don't see a reason to change it.
ocalhoun
I suppose y'all haven't heard of the promised re-design of the site yet...
Everything you've suggested here has already been in the works a long (very long ) time.
dfunkt
The logo is kind of weak, i'm sorry I love frihost but it is. It's got that funky 60's font and a simple circle in the background. I think if the font was changed and a little color was added, it would be much better.
TeenZine
I think subsilver should go to. but I know its been suggested befor and hes not going to do it. Oh well.
achowles
It's blurry which is never good. Also the font and colour scheme are ill-matched. It doesn't seem to represent the company at all. It looks tacky and poorly conceived.

Personally I don't like the whole front page for that matter. None of it does anything towards attracting new customers.

The hosting package is great. But the presentation of it needs a lot of work as it fails utterly to in any way convey the quality of the service. In short, it looks like one of those hosts that disappears within a fortnight.

It's only the fact that I found out how long frihost had been around that I signed up at all.

Yeah, an overhaul is very much needed here.
xkobram
I think its good enough...
And also Font is good.

I dont mind this logo
TDesign
This logo is very good. It goes with this forum template....

xkobram wrote:
And also Font is good.

i agree with you

it has very special font just the text "ReDesigning free web hosting " maybe some light colour

All other is OK
xkobram
TDesign wrote:
This logo is very good. It goes with this forum template....

xkobram wrote:
And also Font is good.

i agree with you

it has very special font just the text "ReDesigning free web hosting " maybe some light colour

All other is OK

Well im not typograph...

I think the whole Frihost is good made, nice working system...
jongoldsz
ocalhoun wrote:
I suppose y'all haven't heard of the promised re-design of the site yet...
Everything you've suggested here has already been in the works a long (very long ) time.

Really? That will be awesome. I've been staring at the same design for so long, not that its bad or anything, but hopefully the new one will be much better.
James007
@the-geek: This is clearly a suggestion, please try to find the suggestions section the next time. It is called "suggestions". I know it's confusing. Rolling Eyes
selim06
well with this pixels(178x100) it's really hard to create a eye-catching logo.But I agree that we may have a better one.
For example:

I have created it in 10 minutes.So better ones may be done!
garionw
selim06 wrote:
well with this pixels(178x100) it's really hard to create a eye-catching logo.But I agree that we may have a better one.
For example:

If you use Firefox, and can see the F Favicon, I was thinking of that (With that font) looking like this

Frihost

and the rihost would be a shade of grey, but I'll do up an image later
reddishblue
How come all the other topics about the same thing have been closed but this one is exempt?
selim06
garionw wrote:
selim06 wrote:
For example:

If you use Firefox, and can see the F Favicon, I was thinking of that (With that font) looking like this

Frihost

and the rihost would be a shade of grey, but I'll do up an image later

As I said you before better ones may be done.So I've only started;if this suggestion will "live" I may enter better ones.Waiting for entries Very Happy
James007
reddishblue wrote:
How come all the other topics about the same thing have been closed but this one is exempt?

They haven't Confused And when they were closed, it was for another reason. And please pm a mod when you have a question.