FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pan's Labyrith

hunterm
Anyone seen this film?

Fantastic (Literally). One of the best films I've seen in a long time, and re-established my faith in the cinema when I was starting to believe that there was no such thing as a good movie anymore.
CrimsonStrange
Yeah, I'm definitely interested in seeing this one.
What I've seen from the online trailers has really made me curious.
I dunno how well I'll stomach the scenes of human cruelty in the film, but I'm dying to see all the cool creatures!
(I'm a sucker for a well-done fairytale anyday.)

The official movie site is really snazzy, and will even allow you to listen to the entire soundtrack!
Captain Fertile
Never the kind of movie I would look into without a personal recommendation from someone (someone who is not a critic, don’t like critics). So I checked it out and went to the official site too.

The site is great and the music is fantastic. The movie looks kind of surreal and may not be my cup of tea BUT I am keeping an open mind and plan to see it when it becomes available here.

I know one thing; I am intrigued by what I have seen (and heard, again the soundtrack is wonderful).
jayrelle
Ive seen the trailer and oh its magnificent!! I can't wait to watch this movie.... I wish it will going to hit the movie screen soon here in the philippines... Wink
todabeat
It was probably the best film for 2006, for well shot, and great story. Really Really Loved this movie.
ujhan
I just posted about watching this movie; as I said in the other post, a little graphic (violent) but very entertaining; awsome effects, awsome acting, great story. Brilliant.
skugge
ujhan wrote:
I just posted about watching this movie; as I said in the other post, a little graphic (violent) but very entertaining; awsome effects, awsome acting, great story. Brilliant.

Cant wait to see this! I think the directors earlier movies are a bit crappy (Hostel a good example), but this seems really awesome! All the good things you guys (or girls) are saying about it just makes me cravin it even more.
cavey
Nice movie. All though I was not that fond of the ending. But I guess that's just me. My boyfriend - the real fairytale lover - thought it was perfect. This was a good surprise after the disappointment with Lady in the Water.
soldeinvierno
skugge wrote:
ujhan wrote:

Cant wait to see this! I think the directors earlier movies are a bit crappy (Hostel a good example), but this seems really awesome! All the good things you guys (or girls) are saying about it just makes me cravin it even more.

Hostel wasn't directed by Guillermo del Toro. Previous movies by him are Hellboy or Blade 2.

You can check it by yourself: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0868219/
Tokci
Visually stunning...great acting....different story.
its a bit graphic.

I like directors previous movies also...Hellboy and blade 2...esp Hellboy.
azfad
wonderful movie - hollywood would never make a film like this. i loved the ending and found it deeply moving. (yeah, i cried ) Crying or Very sad