FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cant understand errors! help please

chennai
I am trying to include the script PHP EASY Download/
My site is hosted on an unix machine with cpanel
I followed all the instructions on the script and when i tried it i get the following errors

Code:
Warning: fopen(./file_info/descriptions/menu_bg.jpg.0) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tutorial/public_html/3D/index.php on line 525

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/tutorial/public_html/3D/index.php on line 527

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/tutorial/public_html/3D/index.php on line 528

Warning: fopen(./file_info/descriptions/PHP_Easy_Download.zip.0) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tutorial/public_html/3D/index.php on line 525

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/tutorial/public_html/3D/index.php on line 527

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/tutorial/public_html/3D/index.php on line 528

Warning: fopen(./file_info/descriptions/menu_bg_over.jpg.0) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tutorial/public_html/3D/index.php on line 525

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open './file_info/thumbs/th_menu_bg_over.jpg' for writing in /home/tutorial/public_html/3D/index.php on line 426

I have tried changing the CHMOD of all files & folders to 777 but it doesnt work[/code]
sonam
I cant help you soo much but how I understand warnings is comming out because script cannot open, read and close your file (.jpg ???).

Sonam

P.S.
If you like you can find and try Multi Download Counter on my site.
Diablosblizz
A Couple things you should check (again).

1. Check that you do indeed have permission to the files (777 works).
2. Make sure the files exist, this is extremely important!

Try those two steps. If you are missing files, download the script from another source.
roboguyspacedude
Diablosblizz wrote:
A Couple things you should check (again).

1. Check that you do indeed have permission to the files (777 works).
2. Make sure the files exist, this is extremely important!

Try those two steps. If you are missing files, download the script from another source.

It is definitely the permissions since the error specifically says "Permission denied." Otherwise it ould say file does not exist.
chennai
I have changed the permissions and the file exists there,.Still i get the same error

Can some one make me a similar script that displays the files available in a folder as a list and count the no of downloadz
sonam
I can do this for you if is Flat file (txt file) ok for counter data base. Also, if someone cancel download after pop up browser download window, counter will count +1. I cannot solve this because script is pure PHP. Just PM me with your mail and I will send atach to you.

Sonam
chris20
fopen and fwrite could just be completely blocked by the hosting company for whatever reason, im not 100%, but im sure there is some option in the php settings that let you turn it off, you should contact them if you have tried chmoding the files and it still doesnt work
manum
if the mode of the file or the dir in which they r is 777 and it's still not working then i m sure that fopen has been blocked by ur hosting service just as it is by many other hosting services so use cURL instead

contact me if u need more help....