FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which Hobby is the worst of all the hobbies?

ryukenden
It may be harder to think which hobby is the worst of all hobbies rather than the best hobby.

For me, I think the worst hobby is "Looking at the ladies' Bums".

What do you think of the worst hobby?
Captain Fertile
The worst hobby? Stamp Collecting. I did this when I was younger but I think the hobby is dieing a death slightly with the advent of the internet and email – plus it seems that most kids would rather go around Happy Slapping than Stamp Collecting

Oh… oh… …can I change my worst hobby to Happy Slapping? I guess that could be classed as a hobby. God I wish one of those ******* would slap me, then we’ll see who walks away happily slapped – argh, fume, seethe, that makes me so angry!!!!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
fashioncrimewave
i don't know... serial killing?
Liu
fashioncrimewave wrote:

Yeah seriously, it's hard to say what's the worst, since you can always out do it.
sparlund
I dont know really, Stampin is lame
jasmine
Bitching other people for the hell of it. Or just plainly teasing other people for their fun.

Now who wouldn't hate that?
thealpha
I think the hobbies that will cause harm to other people may be the worst hobbies.
jasmine
thealpha wrote:
I think the hobbies that will cause harm to other people may be the worst hobbies.

Oh! The worst are those groupies who love flagging people for their fun. Evil or Very Mad That's the worst!
genchan
What about gossiping? Its terrible as it could lead to misinformation and trouble. Friends become enemies just because of this. A dangerous hobby I would think.
ediedi
worse hobby = boring hobby
What can be more boring than trainspotting? Taking photos of car parks is surely high up on the list. Stamp collecting could also be one. But of course it all depends on the person's character and personality. One could find a certain hobby the most boring hobby on the planet while another one could find it the most enetertaining thing of his life. The way I see it, you really can't go wrong with any hobby, as long as it's your favourite.
hlavco
Beating world records.

"Hey guys! I'm gonna go stand on one leg for a week! Wanna join me?"
ncwdavid
ryukenden wrote:

Are you serious. I can never tired of that. You must not have a great variety of them where you come from.
livein10
The worst hobby is being destructive to yourself. A lot of people spend a lot of time putting themselves down. What a waste!
ReubenWilliams
the self destructive on eis very true, but I think we just learn to do it as a defense mechanism.
ReubenWilliams
how about the websites dedicated to the different kinds of pylons which carry electricity around our fair country. Or the most pegs on one mans face.

I think destructive hobbies do serve a function as part of a system of rhetoric and justification which all of us partake in to some extent, with the intention of discrediting certian people or bodies and crediting our own.

However the all time worst hobby is probably collecting racist memorabilia.
gagelynch
I think almost anything that requires collecting is a boring hobby. Unless you have to do something to aquire it, like climb a mountain. Then your hobby is mountain climbing, though.
vw_bugg
Collecting earwax and belly button lint i think is the worst.
jasmine
Its really bad to have 'peeping' as a hobby. @_@
Rico
Most probably the hobby of belly-button-lint-collecting. The problem with this hobby is the kind of individuals you need to associate with in order to get some good product. Just collecting your own becomes predictable (a good thing for some) and yes boring.
redrabbit
Definitely stamp collecting. I mean, it's so cliche. No one in their right mind would ever sit around an look for cool stamps. And if there are, I apologize.
nurgeloid
How to define what a hobby is?

I would say something about you have to spend time at it, and deploy some effort/skill/knowledge which generates an end result. I suppose by that definition serial killing is an hobby, whilst gossiping is not...any more than snoring could be. Perhaps we can exclude serial killing by saying something about 'a chosen occupation for relaxation in spar etime by rational people'. I do not believe that serial killers are rational, and as I understand it they ar etypically driven by compulsion - also, do they do it to relax?

Would my definition cover...keeping fit, stamp collecting, fishing, MMORPGs, Skateboarding, guitar playing etc...I guess it would actually.
Alina
цуддwell, му exams now and i'm suffering a huge problem - i can't study well, coz i'm soooo happy with my hobby! so i would say that the worst is when your habby is more importaint for you than your studying or job...
crasso
ncwdavid wrote:
ryukenden wrote:

Are you serious. I can never tired of that.

Yep, that isn't hobby, it is meaning of life. Of course, you must follow the rules if you don't want to be shamed. First of all, you don't look at the woman's back if you didn't see her face. EOD.
When the woman is aproaching, you should look her in the eyes. Do not pretend, do not act you are happy, let the feel lead you. When the woman give the sign she don't like your look, you may start to look her breasts, legs, etc. The touchdown is the look at her back when she's leaving.
TheSublime
eating people.
cruisearound
Over here in the uk we have the hobby of train spotting, im not sure if this happens outside the uk but it basically involves hanging around various train stations & collecting the numbers of the trains?
Ive never really understood the excitement of syanding in a dreary station in an anorak with a notebook in one hand seeing if you can spot a train that you dont have & jotting down its details? These people actually meet up and compare train details for gods sake lol.
Trog
I don't know if this can be summed up by people. Because if you have a hobby you enjoy then it doesn't matter what other people think. Stamp collecting is lame, but that's because I have no interest in it....but then I go on fungal forays during the autumn...and there's probably a few people out there who think looking at mushrooms in the freezing cold is a pretty dumb hobby.

For me the worst hobby, because of how pointless it is, is train spotting....standing in the freezing cold with a notepad jotting down names and serial numbers of trains...TO WHAT END?!
ludio_
Trog wrote:
I don't know if this can be summed up by people. Because if you have a hobby you enjoy then it doesn't matter what other people think. Stamp collecting is lame, but that's because I have no interest in it....but then I go on fungal forays during the autumn...and there's probably a few people out there who think looking at mushrooms in the freezing cold is a pretty dumb hobby.

For me the worst hobby, because of how pointless it is, is train spotting....standing in the freezing cold with a notepad jotting down names and serial numbers of trains...TO WHAT END?!

A lot of people who collect things meet and swap or trade whatever they have collected. Do train spotters do that? Do they take 'photo's? I guess it's a bit like bird watching, but more predictable 'cos you know what time the train's coming.
Trog
Yep too true. One of the benefits of fungal forays is as long as you know what mushrooms are what and how best to pick them, you can go home with a nice addition to your steak and chips night Razz
thealpha
i think fighting may be
ebaerren
Any time you spend paying attention to Paris Hilton is time you will never get back.

You respond, "How about spending time hating Tom Cruise?" And, I say, "Hating Tom Cruise isn't a hobby. It's a fact of life."
melissareich
I cannot remember what show I was watching at the time, but this one young kid collected vacuums for a hobby! I thought it was ridiculously boring and thought, why? Why would someone want to collect vacuums? - Let alone a young person, I mean 10 or 11?

Maybe it's just my opinion, but I find it one of the worst hobbies...
ReubenWilliams
crasso wrote:
ncwdavid wrote:
ryukenden wrote:

Are you serious. I can never tired of that.

Yep, that isn't hobby, it is meaning of life. Of course, you must follow the rules if you don't want to be shamed. First of all, you don't look at the woman's back if you didn't see her face. EOD.
When the woman is aproaching, you should look her in the eyes. Do not pretend, do not act you are happy, let the feel lead you. When the woman give the sign she don't like your look, you may start to look her breasts, legs, etc. The touchdown is the look at her back when she's leaving.

also shouting things like "yeah shake that booty" or "i bet you'd get a raise at the office no trouble" all of theese help to advance the cause of womens rights by providing a platform against which women can find the anger to free themselves
Captain Fertile
melissareich wrote:
I cannot remember what show I was watching at the time, but this one young kid collected vacuums for a hobby! I thought it was ridiculously boring and thought, why? Why would someone want to collect vacuums? - Let alone a young person, I mean 10 or 11?

Maybe it's just my opinion, but I find it one of the worst hobbies...

OMG! Shocked

If that were my child I would be rather worried about the stateof his mind, and the way I was bringing him up.

Although I guess it is better than him riding around at night ina stolen car. Very Happy
windrei
collecting.. collecting anything... it takes a lot of space and time to handle and keep such things properly... and it's a waste of money.
cloudship
As i know, a guy is interested in eating glasses, which is an amazing hobby for all.

How about this one? hehe
Fright Knight
How can i call a hobby the worst hobby? its a hobby because at least a person loves doing it. so why will i judge the kind of thing that he loves doing? But for this threads sake, i'll pick one. I guess lying all day is the worst. Not just you get fat, but also your back might hurt.
jynxanims
fashioncrimewave wrote:

I think we may have a winner, lol. Either that, or biting your nails. They're both about the same...
cannabis
collecting stamps...
schumway
hmm worst hobby... dunno... belly button lint collecting has to be up there somewhere...

One of my friends collected bread ties for some reason. Also sometimes find it frustrating when you have a hobby then all of a sudden people think they have to buy you stuff for your hobby.... it cant be something you do on your own... everyone wants to help you... then it becomes overwhelming and a collection of stuff taking up room vs a hobby because they do not have meaning anymore?

Dunno

I know we have to do a ton of gosh darn posts on this site which has become a bit of a challenge... I dont talk this much at home in a month and we have to do like 30posts a month... some stuff re: nothing just to get points LOL

maybe the point requirement will reduce over time LOL
harryj03
rock collecting...HOW BORING
Zampano
This is objective; if you enjoy, then go with the force!
Smokey
I hate stamp collecting! Mad
thealpha
yes, it's hard to think about it
sanwixh
Well the worst could be one that hurts others or yourself, a hobby is there for you to enjoy, well if you enjoy hurting people then your just sick.

What's with people hating stamp collecting, i used to collect stamps and yes it was boring but not when you think of its monetary value, stamps that are collector's edition or stamps that are old and are in good condition can amount to oodles of cash, some are even priced at tens of thousands of dollars.

(I just don't get the idea why some people hate it)
mistertomer
collecting things like cards
Shewolf
sanwixh wrote:
Well the worst could be one that hurts others or yourself, a hobby is there for you to enjoy, well if you enjoy hurting people then your just sick.

What's with people hating stamp collecting, i used to collect stamps and yes it was boring but not when you think of its monetary value, stamps that are collector's edition or stamps that are old and are in good condition can amount to oodles of cash, some are even priced at tens of thousands of dollars.

(I just don't get the idea why some people hate it)

Hating takes a lot of energy, why waste it?

The worst hobby I think is gossiping. Women sitting (while doing nothing or knitting, sewing or whatever) and tell eachother all the latest news. Or rumours, or what you want to call it.
pedrothelion
Heh, there was this kid at a school where I used to work who collected boogers :/ He'd add to the collection daily, sticking them to the bottom of his schoolbench..
It was pretty disgusting come to think of it..! Laughing
jylan
I always thought that insect collection was fairly boring, as well as being nasty. Haven't people got better things to do than go around killing insects Shocked ?
Mouldylocks
the worst hobbies of all are related to what is bad for you
like dirnking, smoking etc.
good hobbies are like reading
thealpha
i think all hobbies that are good hobbies.
But the first thing is that your hobbies would not harming other people
natem
Any hobby that hurts someone is not a good hobby. I can't believe people go around assaulting others because they think its fun! Those people should really get a life. I think a good hobby is one that brings joy to the person that does it. If it makes you happy, it shouldn't matter that other people think its stupid. I'm sure a lot of people think that plants and fish are dumb, but I not going to stop gardening or keeping fish because of it.
m.rahman
Most of us have bad hobbies. Just think for a moment and it will pop up, no denying in that. The source could be "Unemployment" or simply jobless hours.
tefa_taftaf2010
Reading

And Books Laughing Laughing Laughing

and any thing has a relation to both
Jakob [JaWGames]
tefa_taftaf2010 wrote:
Reading

And Books Laughing Laughing Laughing

and any thing has a relation to both

Why should these be bad hobbies? Without books and the ability to pass knowledge to next generation by books our society probably would be at a bit lower level Rolling Eyes

But I guess that the worst hobbies are those which damages people in physical and metal ways.
staylor229
what r u doing?
Vedder6
stamp collecting is a pretty boring hobby. My brother collected stamps for a year or two when he was younger. I guess since i collected baseball and baseketball cards that he would try to take up something. hehe
peaceninja
gun collection with bad intentions. or also i think that doing full time rocky horror picture show acting is a hobby that should not be considered self-developing.
Ucbet
I am used to collect stamp, its not fun but I find it interesting. Especially when you have some relatives overseas who are used to send u cards when internet was not so popular. I find it interesting to look at other countries stamps.
JBotAlan
nurgeloid wrote:
and as I understand it they ar etypically driven by compulsion - also, do they do it to relax?

I don't think they would use it to relax; I would think they get a rush out of it. I don't know, since I've never been there Smile

I think the worst hobby is different for everyone. Mine would be sports, since that would be self-destructive in my case (heart condition). But it sure would be different for someone else.

JBot
NOCALL
ryukenden wrote:
It may be harder to think which hobby is the worst of all hobbies rather than the best hobby.

What do you think of the worst hobby?

Ham radio is for sure the worst and most boring hobby. If you don't believe to me, try asking a radio amateur about his hobby, and you will understand at once why...
mochipie
Yeah I would think pretty much any hobby that involves doing harm to anyone, be it you, someone else, an animal, basically anything living.

But that's my serious answer.

My non-serious answer?

All of my hobbies. ;__; I need more money...
jajarvin
To drink alcohol all day long, day after day and year after year ....
aryan77
I don't really dislike hobbies so much as people discussing the hobbies that I don't like. For instance I don't like spotting buses, trains or collecting stamps, however I don't mind the fact that other people like it .. it's just I cannot empathise with them when it comes to having an attachment! Very Happy
lemonedia
Hahah. "lookin' at ladies' bums" is a hobby!? I tohught it was just some inherent habit engrained in the male psyche Razz

Personally, the weirdest 'hobby' for me, is hoarding money at the expense of other people in the world. Yeah, I went there.

43 trillion in debt... yet there's 50 trillion stashed away in off-shore accounts / tax havens of the elite.
deanhills
lemonedia wrote:

43 trillion in debt... yet there's 50 trillion stashed away in off-shore accounts / tax havens of the elite.
Aha .... there we have it. All of the media owned by the people who stash away their trillions. Part of how they do it is to keep the people they are stealing from dumb. Thinking there is an economic crisis. The last "crisis" at end of 2008 must have been one of the greatest robberies ever and that is probably exactly where all of the trillions had moved to. Off-shore accounts.
codegeek
I'd say wasting time on the internet would be pretty high on the list. Very Happy
deanhills
codegeek wrote:
I'd say wasting time on the internet would be pretty high on the list. Very Happy
Now that is VERY true for me. Laughing
jerryzhang
Web games, I think, especailly for kids in school, is the best hobby. It usually make them dipped into the internet all day and all night without doing anything. He can forget his school, his teacher, and his parents and put all his energy and efforts into it , sometime it can cause some sudden death!
In the year before last a truant in our local school was found dead in the "black"internet bar in the next moring because of too fatigued with web games!
LxGoodies
Watching TV.

I've decided about 10 years ago NOT to have a television in my home, because it cost me 4-5 hours per evening and I had no time left for ANY other hobby.. It was not a "cold turkey" experience, I was still overloading my internet modem for several weeks, watching TV on my computer. Then I got a reminder letter from my provider, strongly advising me to use less streaming download.. It kind of stopped. Series are no fun if you miss lots of episodes.
mshafiq
i love my hobbies and what ever i am doing and what i want to do.
i do not have any thinking of any worst hobby.
Insanity
I would think something that hurts other people would be the worst hobby. Maybe if your hobby was building homemade bombs or somethign like that. To be more realistic though, something like smoking would be pretty bad too.
codersfriend
probably just abnormal or weird habits of other people
cordell
The worst hobby to me is to know everything about "stars" !
tonberry
Mountain climbing seems to be a bit off to me. I love mountains and have not seen them with my own eyes for a long time, even though I live just ~150km from the nearest ones.

Still, the climbing itself is a very risky business. Most people with that hobby lead a normal everyday life, they have families and children. Their commitment to the family life is questionable to say the least though, in my opinion.

I understand that a person can absolutely love his or her family, but love climbing mountains even more. Still, gambling with disaster for the closest ones just to seek some kind of high or patch one's self esteem doesn't differ much from what alcoholics and drug addicts are doing.

This of course applies to all risky hobbies.
ninimalka
The worst hobby should be politic,
it's kinda "cliché" but it's usually full of lies, self centrism.
it's a loss of time & integrity for whom in not fully well intentioned
pravojednostavno
jasmine wrote:
Bitching other people for the hell of it. Or just plainly teasing other people for their fun.

I agree with you. Or girls, mad at everything because of the strict diet, constantly breaking hearts of good boys. disgusting.

also breeding insects is a very bad hobby
grofet
For me the worst bad hobby in the world is doing something that God hate it. It's very bad if God mad at us. I think every people should check the hobby. So they can avoid doing something that can make God mad.
dude_xyx
I don't know it's a crazy hobby or worse one but I came across a site which dedicated to used panty and lingerie collectors. This site has a market place too where women selling their used panties! and There are many buyers probably all men. lol Too bad I can't remember the name of this site.
Pippo90
For me, all kinds of collection are quite boring, but I think nothing can be worse than coin collecting. I mean, you simply literally put away money which you cannot spend anymore for something more interesting.

Obviously, everything I wrote is rigorously IMHO. Wink
LxGoodies
Surprised

Pippo90 wrote:
but I think nothing can be worse than coin collecting

Worst hobby ? Calling yourself "Pippo90" and spamming nonsense on FreeHost Not talking

Exclamation
mshafiq
I have no idea which hobby is worse one.
i think hobby is the hobby.