FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Night at the Museum

zanzou
Me & my suitemates are all going to go see this when we all get back from the Christmas break.. looking forward to it a lot. :D

It looks stupid and cheesy, but that's kinda the point.
nhlarry
I want to see that movie so bad, but because of Christmas time and the whole 'family' thing, I have no time.
zanzou
nhlarry wrote:
I want to see that movie so bad, but because of Christmas time and the whole 'family' thing, I have no time.

<_< My family watches movies together at Christmas. So far I've seen Eragon, and Charlotte's Web is probably happening, too.. they aren't the movies I'd go to see by myself, but that's alright.
HoboPelican
zanzou wrote:
Me & my suitemates are all going to go see this when we all get back from the Christmas break.. looking forward to it a lot. Very Happy

It looks stupid and cheesy, but that's kinda the point.

Let me know what you think of it. The wife and I are considering seeing it as a late show on new years eve (the theater is usually completely empty and we have the place to ourselves).
Blu_Spykz
I saw the film recently.

**spoiler free zone**

I found it to be a mildly funny film that has more story than humour.

Good SFX - and not overused either.

Good acting, esp. by people who aren't strictly "actors" - Ricky Gervais for example.

A fairly decent film that people under age of 12 (give or take) will almost definitely enjoy.

Adults won't be bored - and may even like it as much as their children.

Forget the poor reviews - solid 7/10.
HoboPelican
Blu_Spykz wrote:
I saw the film recently....

Adults won't be bored - and may even like it as much as their children.

Forget the poor reviews - solid 7/10.

Totally agree. I saw it on New Years Eve with the wife and we both really enjoyed it. Usually I don't like Stiller in lead rolls, but I thought he was adequate this time. It really is a kids movie, so there are plot holes galore, but we just sat back and enjoyed it anyway.

And as Blu noted, the effects where pretty nice and not overdone. A real plus in my book.
BlockUp
Ha, seen the trailer. Looks very good.

Next opportunity I get, I'll go and see it.
brilliantbeauty
I saw it with a bunch of friends, and wasn't really looking forward to it, but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The effects were great, and at parts it was very funny! I would give it a 8/10. =D The plot wasn't superb, but I wasn't really there to see an amazing, chair-gripping, intricate tale.

So if you're looking for some good laughs, and a fun night out, Night at the Museum is a good choice, in my opinion. Smile
Tokci
Saw the movie last week...thoroughly enjoyed it.
nice effects...nothing much in acting department to talk about, but pretty entertaining.
I liked the cast as well.
dac_nip
they say this is really good. maybe its worth wathing it.
BlockUp
Yay! I saw it.

It got a couple of bad reviews on imdb, but who cares? It's a great film, good, entertained me for an evening.