FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Name Competition

jarred89
Hello,

I am making an Online Radio Station and I cant think of a name. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? I will give you 50 FRIH$.
It Must contain radio at the end for eg. [NAME] Radio.

Thanks
Jarred
einstein
what about "Hyperblaster Radio"??? i invented the name just like that!!! i mean, i didn't even ponder about it. Wink
Arseniy
Hmm... Golden Rain Radio. Or Weird Wave.
Captain Fertile
What kinds of stuff are you going to be broadcasting in this radio station, this might help spark some inspiration.
crdowner
I agree with the previous poster in that we need to know what you plan to broadcast. Otherwise suggesting a name like Country Radio when you plan to broadcast Jazz, would not help much.

I suppose you can keep it very generic and use "Online Radio" or "Web Radio" but those are not likely to lure people to your site.
jarred89
Hey,

The radio station will be playing unsigned bands that do not have recording contracts yet.
m-productions
~unsigned Radio
~New Generation Radio

one thing i would like to know though that was not asnwered is, what type of music, any unsigned bands at all, or its it going to be only unsigned bands of one type of music?
jarred89
Any unsigned bands.
ninjakannon
How about WebGen Radio?

"Web" - For online
"Gen" - An abbreviation of 'Generation'

Online broadcasting is becoming more popular and will soon be an easy way (the easiest way) for new bands to get themselves heard; the generation of online broadcasting is soon to hit us. Thus my reason for choosing "WebGen Radio".

I hope you like it. Wink
ninjakannon
Sorry about the double post but I thought it necessary to bump this topic up and hopefully send a reply notification to jarred89.

So, jarred89, what's happening with this contests? Did you think of a better name or has someone who came up with a name idea here won?
jarred89
I have thought of a name myself now. But for everyone who entered i will award you with 20FRIH$.

Cheers,
Jarred
ninjakannon
Thanks for the 20 FRIH$, jarred89; what's the name you chose? I - and everyone else here I'm sure - would love to know.

I also recommend you ask a moderator to lock this, once telling everyone what you used, of course. Wink
jarred89
I have called it: Tracks Radio
ninjakannon
jarred89 wrote:
I have called it: Tracks Radio

Nice and simple, I like it. It's easy to remember, easy to type and self explanatory (in the sense that it tells you that you play tracks on the radio). That's a good choice, thanks for telling us.
jarred89
Yeah no worries. The radio hasnt launched yet im still getting application forms and everything. Ill keep you posted for when it does launch so you can check it out Very Happy
rajhank
Try Gen-X Radio.

It sounds good.
jarred89
rajhank wrote:
Try Gen-X Radio.

It sounds good.

The competition has closed.
rajhank
Never Saw This.

Sorry.
Crying or Very sad