FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

+CLOSED+Design 2 Small Graphics +CLOSED+

Captain Fertile
It is with a most heavy heart and some embarrassment I have to close my banner design competition.

Sadly, this project will not be going forward. And I will not be using any graphics supplied for the contest.

BUT… …rather than simply scrapping the contest I would like to thank everyone who expressed an interest in joining the competition prior to this post by donating 15Frih$ to everyone who said they would participate and donate 25Frih$ to all those who actually spent time to design something.

Please forgive me for letting anyone down – I am upset that my very first contest here on FriHost has had to be pulled in such a way but it is unavoidable.

As a point of interest I was not disappointed by the amount of skill and flair shown by those designs put forward I only wish I could have carried on with the competition.

I do hope you will forgive me and I hope my donations go some way to show my appreciation.

You can rest assured that I will not be using any of your designs, as there is no longer a project to which I can attach them so I do not wish to waste anyone’s time.

Kind regards, apologies and many thanks
The Captain
einstein
well, i might try on this, but i'll strat the work only after christmas, because i am preparing for me exams right now.... Very Happy

but don't worry, i guarantee professional work!!! Wink
Star Wars Fanatic
I will work on it sometime as well, though over the holidays it will go slow, plus I have some other customers with some of the other graphics work I do.
Captain Fertile
Thanks guys, the more the merrier - I hope you can find time to work on it.

So come on everyone, these two people have taken up the challenge, is anyone else up to the challenge?

I really would like to see what the telented people on Frihost an come up with I know there are plenty of people out there that have the skills to do this.

I will be building up plenty of points to give away to deserving people plus I will be grateful to anyone who joins in.

Regards
The Captain
roboguyspacedude
I will be joining, thanks. Cool

Edit:

Code:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/roboguyspacedude/cm1.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/roboguyspacedude/CM2.jpg[/IMG]
einstein

this is for the main header.

for the smaller logo, i have made two (almost similar), and you can choose whichever you want, if you like it. Wink

and

Trickster
I'm going to try also..i guess you can expect it before christmas.. else it will be around 27 or 28 Wink
ehab
Something withing a few days I hope : )

Great Competition -- I am in !
chennai
i will enter this contest
Captain Fertile
Great to see more people showing an interest. I am looking forward to your entries and of course everyone can enter as many times as they wish.

Let's see what you guys can really do for this competition.

TIP 1: Clean and professional design would be best for a business site like this.

Tip 2: To check if your design is clean think, "Would the logo be able to be printed onto stationary and business cards etc. easily?"

TIP 3: Think professional and Business.

I hope these tips can stimulate your creative juices. Very Happy
Star Wars Fanatic
Here is a design, tell me what you think of it, it is sorta plain:

chennai
Here is mine.I made this for that fri$500 and not for $25.So please tell me if u like mine and i will remove th watermark

Here's the main one and side one

If u want i can also desing ur website
pashmina
i will try my level best to design them professionally...
Captain Fertile
Thanks for the designs guys. I would love to offer feedback but I decided to run this as a competition rather than a straight forward I want to pay someone to design my graphics. So despite wishing to give feedback on individual designs I feel it would be unfair to do so in a competition like this.

One think I would say is that you should not feel restricted by the images already on the site, you have complete carte blanche with your designs so they do not have to use the cross icon as long as the larger graphic has the title Cherished MemoriesTM on it.

And as I said earlier, simple and professional is more desirable than complex and flashy. To many colours would be expensive to reproduce in print and too complex is hard to resize for other uses.

I wish I could give more individual hints and critiques but I set this as a competition and any critique at this stage would be unfair.

All I can say thus far is thanks to everyone who has joined in so far, I appreciate how much time has gone into each entry and EVERYONE can enter as many entries as they wish.

There has to be a winner of the 500Frih$ (even if there wasn’t a design I could use on the site) and I know you guys have the talent, you can see by the entries so far.
rajhank
After the Christmas Holidays I ll try to finsih it off.

Till then , if someone else does it fine for me otherwise I ll make it.
Trickster
Okay think this is finished.. hope you like:

and

Captain Fertile
It is with a most heavy heart and some embarrassment I have to close my banner design competition.

Sadly, this project will not be going forward. And I will not be using any graphics supplied for the contest.

BUT… …rather than simply scrapping the contest I would like to thank everyone who expressed an interest in joining the competition prior to this post by donating 15Frih$ to everyone who said they would participate and donate 25Frih$ to all those who actually spent time to design something.

Please forgive me for letting anyone down – I am upset that my very first contest here on FriHost has had to be pulled in such a way but it is unavoidable.

As a point of interest I was not disappointed by the amount of skill and flair shown by those designs put forward I only wish I could have carried on with the competition.

I do hope you will forgive me and I hope my donations go some way to show my appreciation.

You can rest assured that I will not be using any of your designs, as there is no longer a project to which I can attach them so I do not wish to waste anyone’s time.

Kind regards, apologies and many thanks
The Captain
Captain Fertile
ALL DONATIONS HAVE NOW BEEN MADE

You should all have received your donations.

If I have made a mistake or missed anyone please let me know.

Sorry again

The Captain
mathiaus
-close-