FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Portable media player MP3-Video

phil-k
I would like to open the forum about portable multimedia players.
I have a Zen vision M music/video player, and I love it. I would like shear experience with poeple having that kind of equipment in order to have tips on how to get the max from that lovely gadget.

--

The video converter software coming with Zen vision M is not powerful, so I found a free program named SUPER. I downloaded it and I use it to convert my video for my Zen vision M. I don't know much about video encoding parameters, so I don't really use the optimal parameter. Sometimes converted videos have bigger size than the original. Do someone knows something about optimal video encoding for Zen Vision M?
Animal
Topic combined. Please do not double-post.
im not emo
yeah, if you're converting a file, some are just bigger because of the file type. sometimes the quality can change and that will affect it.

converting MPEG to MP4 usually decreases file size, as switching back would probably increase it. compression vs. decompression.

i have a zune, and i love it. i was considering the Zen Vision M b/c i had a zen micro and loved it. the zune is pretty awesome, although it's different. it works with iTunes, which is pretty cool.

if you like the quality you get now, don't adjust anything. if not, the optimal is probably a good idea. it should help.
phil-k
I have reduced the bitrate of my video and it is pretty cool now. I have acceptable sizes. Initially, I used 1008 Kbits/s as video bitrate. I reduced it to 672 Kbits/s and I still have very good lower size video. The convenient bitrate to use depends on the initial parameters of the video. Sometimes you need to use high bitrate to have a good video and other times, just 288 Kbits/s is enough to have a very good one.

I bought my Zen Vision M before Zune was put to the market. I would probably have considered it in my choices above all because of the integrated wifi. I don't know what can be done with that wifi, but it is certainly special.
Phil-k