FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Average Age Here?

Your Age
12 or below
1%
 1%  [ 9 ]
13-15
21%
 21%  [ 133 ]
16-18
30%
 30%  [ 188 ]
19-21
15%
 15%  [ 95 ]
21-24
12%
 12%  [ 77 ]
24-27
6%
 6%  [ 37 ]
28 or above
12%
 12%  [ 75 ]
Total Votes : 614

Monkeydog
I was just wondering(and i'm sorry if its against the rules)what is the average age of people here on frihost.My age is 15...
bdoneck
wow, looks like everyones a teenager Very Happy
meangurl
not really, i believe there are more adults and pre-teens here
Monkeydog
well it does seem that everyone that at least voted is a teen...
meangurl
wait till more people votes...

unfortunately it seems like people aren't really interested with this topic
Dimaod
I am 14.
I think there is a lot of teens and pre teens there Smile
Thug
Am 20 yrz old, october i will b 21 Cool
vnt87
44% voted for the one I voted. Yay I belong to the majority here.
Kagome
14 =P not many Adults i can tell you that.
Maka
I'm 21.
mOrpheuS
I guess I'm among the oldest ones here. Sad
I turned 23 just a few days back.
WickedGravity
*grins at Morpheus*

I guess I am ancient then...

Turned 25 a few months back
Nirotu
I'm 18.
Blurunner
I am 14
Most people on xbl are 15-35
Monkeydog
That is a huge age group tho 15-35 0.o
it seems that most ppl do seem to be a teen...yay teens!
HunnyBaby
yeah teens plus its really cool I jsut turned 16 so I could click 16-18 YEE
Helios
I'm 10, nice too meet ya' Very Happy (just joking)
Zythrix
Oh ya.. 21.
Ashley
I am 15 but 16 in 4 months Smile, can't wait !
S3nd K3ys
Cripes.

Am I the oldest one here?
CamiBor
i am 15 years old....... Smile
Tidus
i'm severteen, seems like highschool flew by
alrofaee
I'm 28 year-old . Smile

I think alot of young people in here . Razz
the666bbq
damn is I getting this old ... I'm in the last category (all the rest older than pretty 2Cool, before I know next time I join questionnaires like this I'm in the geriatrics section
the666bbq
by the way ... I went 31 this weekend so all your (female) kisses, greetz, and presents are welcome Wink
dule
17 Cool
OutlawSpirit
im 18 soon... Cool
Pixel
i'm 15, soon 16 (10 september). Yay! Very Happy
htmlmaster
Well, I'm not that surprised. Most adults that have a website have such a commerical site that this hosting just wouldn't be enough. Plus teens have a much lower budget, plenty of time to post, and quite frankly, they are bored more often, so they make more sites. (I am currently using 4 different hosts).
Zibé
I'm just 18 years old
Maka
It's full of teenagers! Shocked .
MoFo^
i am 17 since yesterday Cool Mr. Green
althalus
I'm 23 Smile
yjwong
"Do not expose your age to everyone on the net!"
Very Happy

Anyway, I'm soon 14
myrevolt
majority rules Wink

that reminds me of this book/play "An Enemy of the People" so bizarre...
tobey928
my age group is 19-21
yupeng
mOrpheuS wrote:

Me too.
We are the older ones in the forum
mOrpheuS
yupeng wrote:
mOrpheuS wrote:

Me too.
We are the older ones in the forum

I'm much relieved...I'm not too old after all ! Razz
*laughs at Wicked Gravity*

at the last count, Wicked Gravity, S3nd keys, alrofaee and the666bbq were older than me.

and besides, I prefer to call it ...err...growing wise and gaining experience rather than think of it as getting old Rolling Eyes Wink
vspec
16-18 range Cool
LostOverThere
I voted 13->15 Smile
Slayer
i am 13 so 13-15 Very Happy
Fendori
i suppose i would be in the 13 - 15 section
littlegiant
*chuckle* I like the way everyone over 28 in the poll categories was lumped into one group. That speaks volumes. Maybe you should have spread it out somewhat to be a little more objective. You know something like "under 15, 15-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54", etc.

Quote:
Cripes.

I probably got you beat hands down.

So how old am I? Older than dirt and too embarassed to say. Someone said they felt ancient at 25. I guess that would make me Paleolithic by comparison.

Razz
Some arab
im jus about 16 in like less then 2 months
cant wait to frickin drive...so much freedom plus i love the highway it is my kingdom BIATCHES!!!! lol
mOrpheuS
littlegiant wrote:
Older than dirt and too embarassed to say. Someone said they felt ancient at 25. I guess that would make me Paleolithic by comparison.

That's ok...you don't have to talk about it Confused Angel

littlegiant wrote:
*chuckle* I like the way everyone over 28 in the poll categories was lumped into one group. That speaks volumes. Maybe you should have spread it out somewhat to be a little more objective. You know something like "under 15, 15-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54", etc.

I think the poll options have been broken down pretty well.
the 12-24 age-group needs to be detailed more as that's how old the average internet user is.
and besides who wants to know so much about obsoletes anyways ? Laughing
Nirotu
littlegiant wrote:
So how old am I? Older than dirt and too embarassed to say. Someone said they felt ancient at 25. I guess that would make me Paleolithic by comparison.

Razz

Dont be embarassed. I've been in communites that had had an age group that spanned from probably 13 to around late 50s. And no one was ashamed of their age. I actually wish there was a larger older crowd around here, from late 20s-late 30s. Those are usually the ones that i have great onversations with. No offense to the younger crowd here. But back to the point. Don't be ashamed of your age. Smile
rash52
im just getting afraid of next year.Bcs im 18 now. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
littlegiant
Quote:
...and besides who wants to know so much about obsoletes anyways ?

Obsolete? har har har! Hey lemme tell ya... I ain't getting older. I'm getting better! Razz

Quote:
I think the poll options have been broken down pretty well.
the 12-24 age-group needs to be detailed more as that's how old the average internet user is.

Not sure what you're basing this on but my sources say you're dead wrong about this. The average age of internet users has been well over 30 throughout the history of the net.

Check see for yourself:

According to the 4th GVU Internet Usage Study from Georgia Institute of Technology taken between Oct. 10th, 1995 and Nov. 10, 1995:

* Average age of US Internet users is 33.2
* 32.5% of US users are women up from 5%% in 1994
* Internet users are an educated group, 55% have a college degree or better.
* 44.2% of US users are married.
* Average median US user income is $64.700
* 46% of US users are between the ages of 31-55 - the prime buying years

http://www.beonthenet.com/man01.html#HDR3

The average age of users is middle age (37-40) or older. The idea that the Net is used primarily by young teenagers or young people is a gross misconception that has been around almost since the start of the Internet. In fact, The tenth Georgia Tech demographic survey showed the average age of an Internet user at 37.6 years old. And this was an increase from 35.1 years old in the ninth survey. The surveys have shown an average age of Internet users of around than 35 years old since the surveys started. In October, 2000, the research firm Gartner Group found the average U.S. Internet user is 41 years old with an income of $65,000. According to a U.S. Government study released in 2002, A Nation Online: How Americans Are Expanding Their Use Of The Internet, Internet users in the United States from age 9 to 17 number 25.5 million while U.S. Internet users age 18 and over number 110.7 million--the younger group is outnumbered by almost five to one by the adults.

http://www.december.com/web/text/tutor/netuse.html

Quote:
Don't be ashamed of your age.

Thanks. Wink
mOrpheuS
littlegiant wrote:
Quote:
...and besides who wants to know so much about obsoletes anyways ?

Obsolete? har har har! Hey lemme tell ya... I ain't getting older. I'm getting better! Razz

ha ha..that's what even I would like to believe, though that's not how I often feel. I usually feel totally out of place in most forum discussions Confused

littlegiant wrote:
The average age of users is middle age (37-40) or older. The idea that the Net is used primarily by young teenagers or young people is a gross misconception that has been around almost since the start of the Internet. In fact, The tenth Georgia Tech demographic survey showed the average age of an Internet user at 37.6 years old.

that was an eye opener, call it a misconception, but that's what I thought (and still would have, had you not cited this piece)...
why ? because I mostly run into teenagers wherever I go on the net.
or is it just that the younger net users are .."louder" so that their presence is felt more than the older ones' ?
littlegiant
Quote:
...I mostly run into teenagers wherever I go on the net.

I guess it depends on which forums you frequent. Most of the forums I hit (or used to hit... I had to go "on the wagon"... I was becoming a 'junky' ...*chuckle*) tend to match the demographics I cited above.

Quote:
or is it just that the younger net users are .."louder" so that their presence is felt more than the older ones' ?

Ha ha! That may be. As one gets older you tend to keep your mouth shut more often in order to keep your foot out of it.

----------

And just for the record to one and all:

I was ten years old when my mother called me into the living room to watch the actual live news TV coverage of Neil Armstrong making history by stepping onto the surface of the moon. (Do the math.)

I also remember watching the original Batman TV series, wearing platform shoes and bell bottom trousers, the original release of Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies including the classic "I love the dead" (all the neighborhood moms subsequently went on an anti-Alice Cooper campaign).

But to anyone who thinks I'm now too old to rock 'n roll, my favorite band currently is Nine Inch Nails.

Very Happy
orc_lord
i am 23 years old Smile
6pack1
Well, let's see...I put 13-15, and I am 14. Born smack-dab on the year of 1990, and also born in september. eh..The second to be precise.

I have lived through a lot of traumatical world experiences, and also many good things that happened during my lifetime. um...Except for New Wave music lol....Never liked it and never will...

Heavy metal for me all the way!!
S3nd K3ys
littlegiant wrote:

But to anyone who thinks I'm now too old to rock 'n roll, my favorite band currently is Nine Inch Nails.

Very Happy

LMAO! You old turd!

I am only less than 5 years your junior. Shocked

BTW, some of my fav bands, Metallica/Megadeth, Boingo, Korn, NiN, Godsmack. (Saw Metallica Godsmack last year, great show!)

Quote:
mOrpheuS wrote:
and besides who wants to know so much about obsoletes anyways ? Laughing

Hey, Morpheus, I'm holding up one finger... guess which one it is?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mOrpheuS
littlegiant wrote:
I also remember watching the original Batman TV series, wearing platform shoes and bell bottom trousers

S3nd K3ys wrote:
I am only less than 5 years your junior.

S3nd K3ys wrote:
Hey, Morpheus, I'm holding up one finger... guess which one it is?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lol...I guess, as littlegiant said, I should just "keep my mouth shut to keep my foot out of it". Rolling Eyes
I officially take back my words, although I was under the impression that I was just stating a fact that you would have noticed anyways.
Laughing

littlegiant wrote:
to anyone who thinks I'm now too old to rock 'n roll, my favorite band currently is Nine Inch Nails.

rock on Daddy O' !
mezzomin
I'm 23 !
Arcath
15 here there does seem 2 be alot of teenagers here Twisted Evil
Indyan
I am 17. Cool
veto
hey...yeah i'm 13 Very Happy
orangeshoesgirl
I'm 13... almost 14. I hated being thirteen, hah. It was such an icky number. I mean, kid's price is "12 and under" and Im like AWW! Im even smaller than some of the kids at 12! (im really really petite, hah) 14 should be better, but then there are places that say "13 and under". Guh, I look pretty small for my age though. This one 7th grader once came up to me and asked me if I was going into the same grade as her. o_O

I want to be 15. It's a cool number. Cool
veto
yeah i'm gonna be 14 in september i know what you mean orangeshoesgirl 13 is kindof a icky age but it's my lucky number so it's not that bad!
damj
Wow I feel old!!!!!!!!! Laughing
S3nd K3ys
Quote:
I officially take back my words, although I was under the impression that I was just stating a fact that you would have noticed anyways.

LoL! Laughing Laughing Laughing
damj
Good grief, I probably have all of you beat as I look at the invitation letter I received from AARP which I've taped to my monitor.

-d

p.s. (I'm not really AARP old ... but I still get junk mail from them ... runs in the family though, my 7 year old son get's junk mail from colleges)
greekcovers
Hi guys, i am 36 y old and i am afraid that i am the older here!!! Sad
likeaghost
I'm 17!
damj
Quote:
Hi guys, i am 36 y old and i am afraid that i am the older here!!!

I don't know .... depends on your birthday ... I'm soon to be 37. Shocked Shocked Shocked
leat397
surprised! 26 were too old to be online?! Embarassed
hofer
Sixteen, just like most of you.
MeleceNi
I think the aver.age of this place is about 24.

Just I guess
Zaheer Khan
I'm going to be 20 on 28 of this month..everybody will wish me.. okiz????
boringest
23 here...guess I'm pretty old =P
paulmason
This sort of poll would only work if everyone voted on it. It really indicates people who read general chat and are willing to vote their age. My opinion is it's not very accurate. But i guess it gives u a good idea.
ashok
me 20, just passed out my teens.. Laughing Laughing
Jack_Hammer
Looks like the majoratie of people here are 16-18
Jack_Hammer
It's funny it's the highest majoraty it is also the smallest group, (being that there are 2 years difference between 16-18 rather than the rest of the group that consist of 3+ years.
irish_18
i`m getting older, i`m currently 17 years old. Sad i wish i will be orever sweet sixteen! Very Happy Smile Razz
ronnie
I am 25
Dreamer
I'm 15... Gonna turn 16 soon though... Woot~ Can't wait~~
MistaKiula
Same as above.. almost 16 Twisted Evil (I still don't get sweet 16.. )
frozenecko
yeah there do seem to be a lot of teens here. I just recently left my teens, lol. I turned 20 this spring. Yay for me!! Stay young while you can kids!
waiteck
I 15 currently.. Turning 16 soon Razz
aatashparikh
Here's one more teen, I'm thirteen. Wink
utopia
I'm 14
izimngcubes15
I'm 16 years old. Yep, I'm almost done driving, then I'll get my driving license.

^_^
Monkeydog
paulmason wrote:
This sort of poll would only work if everyone voted on it. It really indicates people who read general chat and are willing to vote their age. My opinion is it's not very accurate. But i guess it gives u a good idea.

your right but then again the active members would probably more likely vote on the poll and not ones that have only 5 posts and then leave forever =/
psycosquirrel
I'm 17. 18 in April.
mike4652
I am 53, My oldest grandson is almost 21 and the youngest is 3
I have a total of 16 grandchildren.
Laughing
53 is just reaching 26 twice. HA HA HA
RoServer
I'm 18 yeras old
Kit
This is a rather surprising outcome. I truly expected the majority of the users to fit into the lower age brackets.
While true; the older precense is here.
babumuchhala
Hmm am 18

Joined this forum on 19th May and on 20th of May got my hosting, by Birthday. It was a real good B'Day gift one could get
SharKay
I guess your of mature age when you can remember stamps costing .04 ....milk being $1.10....American Bandstand...The Classic Music...Gas prices being .50 and under..( I wasn't the one driving though ) Very Happy ...

I rember my mother sending me to the store for bread with .50 cents and bringing her back change... Shocked Cat was a hip person...lol...

When someone said..." Your Curisin for a Burisin " When the term Jelly Roll ment a guys hair type... Rolling Eyes ....not a snack...

Then there was the Hoola Hoop...Pink Cadilacs... pink lipstick... Pony Tails... and Boobie Socks... Saddle Shoes....

And a glass of coke at the corner hot spot for .10...And that yummie ice cream cone ... a two scoper for .50.... And black and white TV....

Guess that shows my age...but I don't mind...I'm still young enough to learn and old enough to teach... To my grandchildren....
mike4652
Rock-N-Roll
The Twist and Chubby Checker.
When Rock-N-Roll history was being made.
And a 1957 Chevy was a hot car!
I would guess to most on this board this all seems foreign.
But to some of us it is memories.
Not to worry tho we all end up with memories of the GOOD OL DAYS. Laughing
It is called growing up. Laughing
RavenCross
Im 18 yrs old.. lol.. there are so many teens here than i expected
SharKay
Isn't the term ( Hot Rod )
Or maybe that was for the souped-up-cars....
kiwi
Well, I'm fourteen and I guess this site is more of a teen site...
Jack_Hammer
I never like to disclose my age.
nunosilva
just a statement regarding the poll:

you started very wel posting the ages, but after 19 years, you included 19 in two categories and 24 in other two...people that have 19 and 24 must have had a hard time choosing their "faction", don't you think? Razz
Monkeydog
nunosilva wrote:
just a statement regarding the poll:

you started very wel posting the ages, but after 19 years, you included 19 in two categories and 24 in other two...people that have 19 and 24 must have had a hard time choosing their "faction", don't you think? Razz

Oh i never noticed that XD
i guess if they are 24 and 5 monthst they should chose 21-24 XD
twisthigh
I'm part of the majority here, I'm 17, will be 18 soon....
Ruba
Looking at numbers and I am over 20, so most of you can call me Father Wink

But anyway, I believe that most of you, my sons are making better websites than me Smile
Crethox
Well I'm glad I didn't have to choose there, just one year older then 24 lol.
CmKc
i'm 17
dan751
I'm 16 so logic dictates that I vote 16-18.Very Happy
ddukki
I'm 16 as of the moment, but I'll be 17 in October. I enjoy being part of a majority ... but then again, I like being different. Geez, I've got a lot of internal conflicts xD
Kiliox
Most of the people who voted for this choice are around 16 years olds :/

For my part I voted 19-21, cuz I don't consider that I'm a teen. (I'm 18 )
the666bbq
my average age is 31, but as a gadget buying geek I'm never over sixteen I guess
cavalkaf
15, turning 16 in 4 days.... Very Happy
win66
I'm 18 years old.
corey
According to this poll, I'm a really old man. Really old, man.
otaku
I'm lucky I'm just turned 14 in August.

I guess that would clump me in the younger groups Very Happy

I'm lucky to b young
ironyCurtain
I'm in that ugly middle period between the start of adulthood and the beginning of the legal consumption of alcohol. Woohoo.
Toady11
Anyone know the average age of web-users?
GiLaD
Lolz. I'm 17. Teenager as well... ^^
Fireman Joe
ironyCurtain wrote:
I'm in that ugly middle period between the start of adulthood and the beginning of the legal consumption of alcohol. Woohoo.

well i turn 16 in about 3 months.. so i guess ive gotta pick 15..Confused
Here in Australia the legal age to drink alcohol is 18 Very Happy
isnt it 21 in the USA?
GameBase
Im 17 Smile Alive and kickin' :p
shwetanshu
i m 17 and will be 18 on 28th October Laughing
snowflake
I am 13 - 15 years of age. Smile
Bashur
Twenty years arrogant here. *laughs* Oh...silly me...silly me...
CCR
Shocking that most are 15-18 i figured it to be a older crowd
thetangentstrain
22 here...seems like the teen factor is high(or just an example of wishful thinking) lol

Smile
Bashur
This is actualy very scarry...what do we do now? I don't have aniti teen repelant anymore! They will eat us alive!
bekoeppel
hello!
i'm 18 years old.
poggendroff
heck people here are 14 somethings? ,,maaan i was playing basic ka games when i was 14. and i used dos. im on my deathbed then. Sad

its not my fault. reality continues to ruin my life.
karysky
Hello there!

I am 21.. and it is the first time ever that I feel... old.

Strange isn't it? Shocked
RosenCruz
I am not that old..thx god..16-18 looks 2 be the best age here ...am I getting older???
Ag-Ryan
im 17
Guess who
yup almost everyone who is doing this is a teenager Very Happy im currently 16 turning 17 in march
darkdante
my age group is 16-18
Laughing Laughing 17 Cool Cool
LemonMan
Well im 15, and it looks like there are more adult here than preteens, and most teens.. butt whadah i noe imeh kwid..
tingkagol
23 here. Smile
blu3bird
im 22.
and when i was 14, i have tis 486 ibm computer, which runs on windows 3.1
no internet access, have tis big floopy drive, and games came in floopy disk.

kids nowadays are so lucky...
Summer
Yeah , I agree . I m 15 years old now , 16 soon ...
speedlikecy
i am 18 years old now...hehe!
Smile Smile Smile
Davidgr1200
I'm over 50 (busy digging my own grave at weekends!). I've been working with computers since the early seventies though!
planet
*Geezer mumbles* "DAMN kids all of em!!!!!!" =)
Monkeydog
I think, why the majority of people here are teens, like myself, is because we can't always get money to pay for webhosting, and Frihost is the best around... =D
ocalhoun
Perhaps Old people don't like to vote in polls...
olag
I'm a teen(15 years old) as the most of people here.
gonchiweb
im 14 and i believed that almost all were adults, i cant believe it!
well now i understand why exist a games and jokes forum Wink
keep voting!

see ya!
gonchiweb
tojo
Most of freehostees are teenager. Im 17 years old too.
ajoaktree
35 here
psycosquirrel
I'm 17...
raman
16-18 seems to be the average age here.
Lamp
I am 15 and I have mastered Photoshop and Webdeisgn, along with HTML and PHP. Eat that "A-Dults."
shaggly
Hmm, this seems to be a popular poll Rolling Eyes

Can't anyone show any more imagination to make posts ?

<<Coming from a grumpy old man of 36>>
mceejaydee
lol not many kids here.
Shade of Blue
I'm of the majority, 17.
jazrt
I am the 37.

I enjoy my age
Herbz3
Im 17... seems like I belong to the Majority of people here. Yay Majority!
Phi
17 in... 13 days Very Happy
theo
glad to find that i'm still very young!
solomagos
I'm 17 years old, so i'm a teenager! but for what i've seen in the poll, it's quite common here.

So we're in the same boat!
superdork
I'm 18. I would say I'm an adult already but I feel like a kid.
Astérix the Dragonslayer
im 13 year of age i'll turn 14 next month on the 28
planet
*The geezer mumbles in his beard*
"Damn kids all of em,,, damn kids I tell ya!"!
barrie
i turned 16 on the 14th of november, and you know what? that is exactly nine months after Saint Valentine's Day Very Happy
skeeterpup
I'll be 26 in April, lol I guess I am one of the older fogeys here Smile

Melby
Marcus
I am a 78-year old grandfather.

Just kidding. I'm 13.
Wotac
I'm 19, nice to meet you all.
thiamshui
wow.. i'm in the same category of the most voted for..
Falkien
Im 21, damn I feel old.
dark_one
YAY!!! We're all young!!! lol...

Well, I'm 14... so I'm one of the youngies! Very Happy
XeononyX
Wow now I feel old Smile im 29 going on 18 so I still feel in place!
Kestrel
XeononyX wrote:

What the...? How can that be possible? Shocked
Borse
Welp I was 15 30 years ago, but I don't Feel Old!
nam_siddharth
I'm going to be 23. Date of birth: 15 Feb 1983

I was guessing, most users will be over 27, but I wonder to see the result.
Most are teenager here. Surprised Surprised
elekis
sniff I m too old ( what I will say in ten year)
coolabi
'Till this moment I thoght I'am young. Now I see teenagers the ones who build the internet. Smile
PatTheGreat42
I would think the average age around here would be kinda young. But not too young. Because I would think a lot of teenagers wouldn't have access to the kind of funds required for paid hosting, and REALLY young kids wouldn't have a need for it.
DarkAngel
I'm 13. Glad to know I'm not the youngest one here. According to the poll, there actually seems to be a few people 12 and below here...
naz
20 here !
XeononyX
Kestrel wrote:
XeononyX wrote:

What the...? How can that be possible? Shocked

Me feeling old?
Me losing 11 years in one fell swoop?
Me feeling in place?

LOL
Kyle Katarn
I got most of you, lol. I'm 20. 21 in February! I can't wait, not because I drink/smoke, but because I collect guns, and I can't buy handguns until I'm 21, lol
NightsCuriosity
Im 17....damn, I feel young. Granted, I do participate in activites that require being 21 and over....

(cough)

But ya. Im doing all of this for the hosting. I have a band (duh) and we have a web site. We want to get it up on the web, and we are starting with this!
duckling
I'm 14 and it's good to see there are lots of people on my age Smile

So we can understand that the young people are more interested in being webmaster Razz

We can say FriHost is very very young site Very Happy
Josso
I'm 14... I think most people that don't have a regular income (mostly) to host their own servers and stuff like this place.
arch23
it looks like everyone are quite young, but that is time doesn't stop so... Smile
IceCameron
Im 14.
Alienz
I am 24 in next week Wink
leonk
im 16

clip
i'm 19, turning 20 next year! i see that there's a lot of 16s here.
FriBogdan
I have 17.5 year's so...i can't put ad's by Google on my web site Sad((( (just a joke).
theo
i have just had my 13th birhday Laughing
webbone
I don't hope became older!
avk
I am also 15!!
Cool!!
webapp
when u take the average age that shud falll between 25-30
Qwertyip
I'm 16 Smile

and new to the forum.
djcaution
wow. younger than I expected by far!
ronitvohra
Well i'm 21 years old.......
todabeat
19 and half
PeoplesChamp
Yea im 14 here...Just a lil kick ass kidteen (almost 15)
Dread Lord Chaos
18 Years old, Sort of new to programming though I'm familiar with HTML, javascript, java, C++, Python, and I'm very good at Q-Basic Razz(The TI-83+ Calculator programming language lol) I'm here to just get some experience in making websites with the goal of constructing a decent MMORPG. All help along the way is appreciated. Very Happy
rainynightstarz
i think teens are more likely to use a free webhost because we dont' have any account to pay for other webhosting, and it's really annoy if we have to ask our parents to pay for us. i'm 16 btw
statusfashions
i have completed 23 . hope i was kid again. all that free life is missed. though you learn to be self dependent and responsible. thats what i am .
regards,
Smile
man_991
I'm 14 soon... Wink
toughtrio
Me 15. 16 in around April 06
YAY TEEEEENS keep it up.
Well, dont you all think that bigger people donot have anything to do in this world? Well, ofcourse we do sooo many things on the Internet
Tell me your views.

Warm Regards,
man_991
did u hear about biological age?

not the thing we call "age"?

our body's age is affected directly by the food we eat, by our environment , by our mood, by the water we drink and etc'.
WeirdOne
Im just another 15 year old Smile
kenetix
I'm 15, I'll be 16 next year in september, when school starts Sad
Nicekiwi9
yay im 18, 19 in one year, 20 in two years, 21 in three years, 22 in four years.... and so on..... Embarassed
bruiser
im 18
bluffmango
my age i 20 ,, i m suprised to hear tht result of the vottes
odinstag
I am 31 years old and counting.

I am suprised the average age is so low here. I don't know why I am suprised. Just thought there would be more people above 30.
aerialdreams
I was really surprised at the results, because I at first thought most people here are adults (i.e. above 1Cool, but i guess there's a lot of teenagers here too. I only thought that way cuz there are many adults posting in the chats where I post -___-;; Oh well. I guess it's not that surprising if I think about it... I mean, most teenagers have websites these days! Oh, btw, I'm 16, so I'm not an old pruney grandma just in case I sound like one! ^_^
jerski
i'm 19 yrs old... hope that im just more younger to learn more !
Pikokola
17, 18 this year (26 Septembre (still to long XD))

Yap, that's true, much people here are teenagers because not much teenagers have got own budget (so many exceptions of course Smile) like me, I just got 5000~15.000 rupiahs /day (it'about US$0.5 ~ US$1.5) too small to get a paid webhosting T__T
Vrythramax
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Cripes.

No I don't think so S3nd K3ys....I think I might be....gawd I feel old just reading this post Sad
adiutrix
17, Just need that one more year!
NobodiesHero
If I look at the poll I feel really old although I am just 26.

But let me tell you kids, I can still show a thing or two. Smile
Jeslyn
I can't remember if I posted here already... Shocked - anywho, I'm a fabulous eighteen.
PuNGS
I'm 17, but in May I turn 18. Well, I'm in the vast majority here...
Blaster
Ok lets make this interesting i'm

(4+10)/7*2^5/8+6+86-32-86+8+16+25

Thats how old i am.
jipmerite
I don't think 18 would be the average age in here.

I would find it more interesting to know the distriubution of the Nationalities of the Frihost members. Is there a way in the forum to check that out?
Kaneda
HoboPelican in another similar thread wrote:
Hmm.
I like how you lump everyone over 36 into one group. Wink

I like how, here, that point is even lower... But I guess it makes sense with the distribution of ages. Although I'd have liked to at least see a 40 or 50+ option too.

So, anyway, I passed the 28+ point this year Smile
Yazz
Turning 18 this November, woo!
nazty
Online people are younger these days.
joshumu
Im 21.
erlendhg
I am just 14 years old. Ooops, I shouldn't have said that, it was a secret Razz
Even if I am just 14, I am developing real sudoku software Smile
I don't think anyone on my forum knows that I'm just 14 Very Happy
kazikame
16 next month (29th to be precise) Cool
Assiez
wow I'm in the majority group. Seems like there's a lot more teens than adults.
standready
I am 2. Too darn old!
-SonyGamer
I would say, 21-24. Most of the people who browse, use, or want a website are teenagers or young adults. 21-24 is the usual age for that group. But it's just a guess, though. Razz
freecitizen
allanxiao
I'm 19. The average age seems to be a bit younger than I expected.
Michael B
Pre teans don't tend to write web sites, and post tean can afford their own hosting because they have a job, so this will always be teen rules.

Michael 16

Blaster wrote:
Ok lets make this interesting i'm

(4+10)/7*2^5/8+6+86-32-86+8+16+25

Thats how old i am.

Nice you know your 31

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=%284%2B10%29%2F7*2%5E5%2F8%2B6%2B86-32-86%2B8%2B16%2B25+&meta=&btnG=Google+Search
amusic
20, going to be 21. Wink
7gts-scout
i'm 14... i think teenagers here are more than adults... Adults hav money.. but teenagers hav less cause they don't work.... Rolling Eyes
The_Gamer294
14. wow, I'm suprised that kids younger than 12 know how to make and maintain a website
skygaia
Average age is so young than I think...
Ooops... I can't tell my age...... I can say just that my little boy is 3 years old..
jds10912
i am in the 13-15, along with the 85 sum-odd other forumers here
shun
I'm 16. And it's amazing to see that the majority of viewers here is between 16-18 years old
watersoul
Argh!!!!

i feel sooooo old now... 33 !!!
oh well, i'm in a 10% group so at least i'm not on my own Laughing
Vanilla
21, going on 22 in December. Very Happy
Solugon
14, I just turned it on August the 11th! Very Happy
Soulfire
I'm 16 Very Happy
jeffsolodky
It seem like people who join frihost are teens who want a website, but don't have the money to run a real one, so they get a very nice free one.
bulek
I'm 17. Cool
haak_heu
Your Age
12 or below

1% [ 4 ]
13-15
25% [ 88 ]
16-18

33% [ 118 ]
19-21

14% [ 50 ]
21-24

9% [ 34 ]
24-27

5% [ 19 ]
28 or above

10% [ 37 ]

woh 118 teens and they are about 33%

i m 23 years old , i think there are not much of my age on this forum.
windrei
i am 23, but i am already the minority here. Everyone is so young...
Jimbimanim
im only 12...
Jimbimanim
im only 12...
chrisu
Looks like I'm also in the minority because I'm 25. But hey, they say that you are as old as you feel.
kimiku
juz became 20 this week... Surprised

juz wait & that 16-18 will increase..
XSTG
Well I'm 13, was 12 when I first got on this site.
poisonhzkj
21..It seems there are more teenage here.
zjosie729
I'm 13. I just turned thirteen a couple months ago.
Mamsaac
only 17 years old, but in a few more years I will be... dead Sad

few might be 80-120 years, as well as 1 day.
indyeah
hmmm 16-18 Wink
selim06
I'm just 16 years old...
And I'm not suprised about the results.Young people like surfing and posting in forums!And another reason generally mature people have their own paid hosting..So the free things are for Teens!
Bockman
selim06 wrote:
So the free things are for Teens!

well that would make me a teen right?

thanks m8, you always have the nicest words for me Very Happy

btw, i'm 28 years old, but (as most of us over 25) i feel like a 18 years old most of the time.

Be Well Cool
-C4-
Erm I'm 15 turning 16 on the 17th September.
tkcy
i am 25...looks like there's a lot of teenagers here Very Happy
Mamsaac
I thought there would be more 19-20 years old in here.
evandb
Im sort of in the middle. I expected the average to be higher than it was though. Interesting how younger people are getting involved with the internet in such a big way.
Sabrina
I'm 23! Very Happy There's just a few of us that old, haha...!
selim06
Bockman wrote:
selim06 wrote:
So the free things are for Teens!

well that would make me a teen right?

thanks m8, you always have the nicest words for me Very Happy

btw, i'm 28 years old, but (as most of us over 25) i feel like a 18 years old most of the time.

Be Well Cool

Ah,sorry I forgot you!So in general free things are for Teens, rarely for elderly people...I will edit my message be sure... Rolling Eyes Cool
anathema
I'll be 22 years old in 23 days! Cool
scooter003
I am 16 years old. I think that it doesnt matter what age your are, sometimes people are as mentally old as people who are much older than them. Does anyone agree with me? Anyways, that's all.

Scooter
Meggsy
Almost 20... you younger kids have way too much time on your hands Wink
crimson_aria
I'm 18 years old. ^__^
m00tmuffin
I am also eighteen. Surprised
evilvic
thats hillarious, 5 people said under 12, but if you want to become a member you have to be over 13...HAHA

funny

peace
secret_soul
15 - I turn 16 in November. I can't wait! Smile
r_y_e_20
geez, is that how old i am to this forum, i cant imagine were composed mostly of young people. but its good to know that, it indicates how talented young people are nowadays.
arclight
i am 20 years old.
_-WU-_-TANG-_
I am 16 years old.
Manofgames
14 and proud to be in the golden years of childhood Smile

just kiddin, not golden years but at least i dont have to pay tax / get a job
Sava
20 years old here.
CharKargis Olort
I am 35 years old, and I'm just interested in having this around in case I need it. Plus, I've found that the oddest places contain some of the best people... so hello everybody
Manofgames
hello,

im neo (new:)) tooo. But this place certainly aint odd
darrenpaul
I'm 17, one more year and I'll be shipped of to college. Sad
Rico
I like that 28 is the ceiling
Muffi
i wonder if i am the only one who wanted to get rid of teeny life. or do u guys also think that once we are 20,21 we get more reward for most of the things in life Twisted Evil
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
I'm 15 Very Happy i'll be 16 in march Razz

~nIkKi
yaashop
at least my age group is not the lowest one. but we are the oldest one. XD
ThornsOfSorrow
I'm 19, and terrified of my next birthday. Turning 20 will be so weird...
XeononyX
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

The twenties are great and i will miss them forever I turned 30 in August now the thirties scare me Shocked
HoboPelican
XeononyX wrote:
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

The twenties are great and i will miss them forever I turned 30 in August now the thirties scare me Shocked

LOL! Wait til ya turn 50! Wink

The worst b-day for me was 25. That was the first time I could conceive of my age in terms of 100.... a quarter century old. That was a toughie!
XeononyX
HEH! darn you reminded me I'm less than halfway to 50 and in three years I will be a third of a century old ... egads!
turbohead
Oh it seems that most of the members here are teenagers~ Idea
angel_of_death
gonna be 17 soon. i cant believe there ar people in 30s and 40s readin what crap i write Shocked
angel_of_death wrote:
i cant believe there ar people in 30s and 40s readin what crap i write Shocked

Laughing i know eh? hehehe

~nIkKi
Manofgames
at least there'l be more kids reading it from the looks of the poll
HoboPelican
.you.make.my.heart.happy. wrote:

Laughing i know eh? hehehe

~nIkKi

"I" is always capitalized and you should have a comma between "know" and "eh".

Take that, you young whipper snappers!
Laughing Laughing

What the heck does "whipper snapper" mean anyway?
HoboPelican wrote:

"I" is always capitalized and you should have a comma between "know" and "eh".

I know that. Its just that, I was in a rush when I posted that particular reply!
Ah ha! Take that you old whipper snapper! (I know that didn't make any sense... hehehe)

HoboPelican wrote:

What the heck does "whipper snapper" mean anyway?

Yeah, i don't know what it means either... Oh well Laughing

See you around!
~nIkKi
XeononyX
This is how us old folk keep up with you young whipper snappers ! We google it:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whipper+snapper
dalordvirus
Me 23 Very Happy
konflikt
You're f****ing kidding me, right? I'm kickin' it with a bunch of pee-wees? Oh damn. Neutral

Not that it's bad, I just thought I was around grown folks. I stand corrected.
Karl
Wow I wouldn't have guessed that people are so young, that explains the number of people believing in such things as it was the government behind 9/11. Wink Oh I have just turned 29 so I am venerable!
ella vocsin
I have 16 years. Laughing Laughing Laughing
jobzunlimited
I am, 24 Now... Wish I Was kid again , now theres lotz of responsibility and lotz of tension
DriverEntry
I m 31, will be 32 very soon. Shocked
icecold
23 and my life is getting more complicated year after year i would like 2 be again 18 and that my parents will pay everything 4 me Razz
eku53ru
I'm eighteen years old; I was seventeen when I signed up for hosting here, though. It's scary seeing how quickly time pasts by. Shocked
abhisek16
I am 16 years old.as you can observe it from my username: abhisek16.I think most of the people in this forum are of my age group.
roadruner
i belong to the group that apparently has the most members
i'm 17 Razz
masquerade
I'm 14 though I'll be 15 very soon.
tom69
I think it's normal that most users here ar eteenagers because adults will not search for ages to find a free hosting company without ds like me and other young poeple. The can afford to pay a few bucks a months =p Razz

By the way; i'm 15
Hitman.
well, according to the results up to this point, 16-18 are ahead. i am not surpised by this,lol. if there were more adults than teens or pre-teens, i would be surpised. i think if you are an adult you have to have money to pay a few extra bucks for a site. no offensive to any of you adults on this board, i am just saying and using common sense.

i am 15 btw.
EvreGreen
I'm twenty years old. I just joined this forum and am looking forward to hosting many interesting things on my webspace. That is when I earn the points etc...
jenice
Wow. I'm actually in the minority here. That's a first. Wink
actualeffection
I am 16. Cool The cool age. And while all others age, I shall remain stuck on this number.
dimpim
18 (and half, to be precise).
nathanuk
I'm 17 and i think it does not matter what age people are aslong as they dont abuse the system. Some small kids can be mature and have avarge web design skills, but some are not
endure
I'm almost 22 years old and I have to say I'm surprised to see 21-24 year-old only 11% of the community.
NatetheGreat
I'm 14. Dancing
afterglow
I'm 14 and turning 15 in about two weeks. 'm really excited, im glad that I fit in here considering my age bracket is in the majority.

Wink
bartdou
oho,seems I am too old here, 19 before 2007
justnewbie
wow.. this is an one year old thread.. anyone posted earlier should have become older a year then - for me, im 16 or 17 (two will do the same, my birthday is on december 31).. but i would answer normal friends that my age is 16. time does really fly -
Kaisonic
I'm 18 w00t! I'm gonna go call some of those phone numbers that say you have to be 18 or older to call!

And I think it's appropriate that most of the community is in the 16-18 range. That's when I started doing websites. Most people start then, and then probably lost interest, hence the decrease as age goes up. But I personally think I'll never lost interest in my website, especially with my new 2300 dollar laptop I'm getting in a couple weeks!
[FuN]goku
15 but ill be 16 @ nov 16 Razz which is like 2 months or so...
warhot
iam27 years old, and write from chile in south america...
newlife~
selim06 wrote:
I'm just 16 years old...
And I'm not suprised about the results.Young people like surfing and posting in forums!And another reason generally mature people have their own paid hosting..So the free things are for Teens!

<newlife~t>I was surprised at first by how young most members are-- mainly because I had been appreciating a lot of what people are saying here.

I'm ashamed to say that I assumed most people were in their 20's because the contributions I've come across have been very informative, intelligent, reflective, respectful, and honest.

I'm very sorry for pre-judging (I totally should've known better, having been a teacher who had (and really still does have) a tremendous amount of faith in people starting out in taking ownership of their lives.)

Just because people pay to have their sites up, doesn't mean they're offering anything more valuable than what is shared here.

I think this is a great site, and organized very well. My now-former-prejudice comes from surfing around and finding it a waste of time because the content is either made up of people talking ... but not saying anything--or the sites are organized in such a way that it was just too difficult to find anything that initially sounded interesting.

For Steve Bondings to have a such a community vision behind creating this opportunity for free web-hosting, is very admirable--and I think it does foster a more intentional and sound place for people to share, one that draws out a more meaningful level of contribution (whether it's with serious or fun topics).

Finally, I would like to know where the other 53 people fall in the 28+ grouping. I'm at 35, but in liking to write ... I'm recently finding myself hovering around the ages of 11 and 16.
newlife~
HoboPelican wrote:
XeononyX wrote:
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

The twenties are great and i will miss them forever I turned 30 in August now the thirties scare me :shock:

LOL! Wait til ya turn 50! :wink:

The worst b-day for me was 25. That was the first time I could conceive of my age in terms of 100.... a quarter century old. That was a toughie!

<newlife~t>I don't know if I can say, "I can't wait to turn 50!" but I for one am glad my 20's are over--mainly because I tried to settle down too quickly. Anyone heading into your 20's, do whatever you can to find yourself and explore the world!

That you have to "settle down" and find a "good job" is a myth. Find yourself, know yourself ... and then you can go anywhere and do anything--and not be dependent on the narrow definitions of others.
the-geek
i turned 30 in sept 12. all i feel is, i am going old. i am not afraid but i really miss those days when i was a teen..
joholland84
Hey

I turned 22 on 1st Sept, I loved being 21 and suddenly noticing how fast life goes by makes me realise I will soon be 30!!! No offence to the post before me who has recently turned 30 Very Happy

Jo
duckling
15 at the moment Very Happy

in the following year, i will be the one in the biggest piece of votes in this poll Very Happy
saratdear
I'm currently 13, will turn 14 on june. Well, there seems to be no one here with exactly my age. Most of you seem to be 14 or 15, i guess.

Helios wrote:

I'm 10, nice too meet ya'

You're 10? I mean seriously... I was just thinking that I was the youngest person here. And you are a moderator too?
Just a little doubt, but how does Frihost appoint its moderators?
Lilystock
Hmmmmm.... I
'm wondering why answering to this kind of poll just makes me feel old ! Laughing

Sad
vesves
cool most of the people are around my age !!
im 17 XD...
bulek
I'm betwen 16 and 18, still pretty young.
roberpro
i am 19 Very Happy
lalune
gone are those good old days... Laughing
funnyerror
I think everybody here is either really young or really old. Me? I'm actually a 67 year old hobo who doesn't own a computer and lives under his cousin's house Shocked .... No, not really... it's my uncle's house

-JC
Arseniy
I'm 13 but I'll turn 14 in 3 months.
Linda_B
I'm 19. Can't wait to turn 20 but I also am crying out for time to slow down... I'm having the time of my life being an irresponsible youngster. Well, responsible while still being in the age group where going out and getting drunk is more acceptible than staying home reading a book. Not that it's my lifestyle, but it makes mine look mild and wonderful Very Happy
desertwind
52 and going strong!
KoiboySG1
Im 21. a lot of young people here.
mika56
I'm 12 Very Happy
reddishblue
saratdear wrote:
I'm currently 13, will turn 14 on june. Well, there seems to be no one here with exactly my age. Most of you seem to be 14 or 15, i guess.

Helios wrote:

I'm 10, nice too meet ya'

You're 10? I mean seriously... I was just thinking that I was the youngest person here. And you are a moderator too?
Just a little doubt, but how does Frihost appoint its moderators?

On the internet only intelligence and talent matters, thats what I love about it!
Josso
I remember being on the Diablo II network when I was about 9. Funny really, now everyones into online gaming. I had to explain to my friends about the sweetness of it I remember Laughing
jylan
OK, I'm 13 and I actually started my own thread on this topic a week ago or so now, as I didn't see this thread until today Embarassed What I'm wondering about is why this thread hasn't been locked when mine has. They both have an age group poll, and they both go below 12? Whats the story on this administrators? Confused
cybernie
i am 24... 25 this february.... almost 2 years married... but still feeling like a teener hahaha...
darvit
I'm 19 going on 9. Laughing But hey, people think I look young [from 13-15 Cool], so I guess that's fine with me. By the time I get to 50 maybe they would think I'm 25 or something... Laughing

I wish I could just be a teenager forever, though. Sad

The fact that I'm off to twentysomethingdom [twentynothing? Laughing] makes me wish that I stayed 16 forever. Sad
magilos
I'm 20 years old, turning 21 next month Laughing
Commando_Sondre
I'm 14, but most people, when they first meet me, think I'm about 16-17 years Razz
Blu_Spykz
Probably been brought up in here... but I'm 21.

By the basis of this poll I am on the cusp. Or repeated?

I clicked 18-21 though, because I have a more innocent nature about me than a 22 year old.

Twisted Evil
the1991
im 23...it seems im on the old end of this poll.
littletomi714
IF you look at the count now, the teens and under are beating the adults.
Cibes
I'm still surprised how many adults are around here.
Or maybe I just cant imagine people above 30 doing this, having parents who hardly know how to get their email? Embarassed
Droop
Monkeydog wrote:
I was just wondering(and i'm sorry if its against the rules)what is the average age of people here on frihost.My age is 15...

WOW, i really would have thought it would have been much higher in age, but it seems to be that all the younger people are on the net. I feel really old being the last option for age. so dont make fun of this old guy over here hah. happy posting!!
Handermier
I am 20. Seems like a lot of people are a quarter of my age. I am an old man. Sad

-Handermier
rnankori
Not many people around 24-27 here... It explains many of the ideas that I read here... too juvenile or rather too old school.
hazy2k7
Im 25 but i feel like the old man looking at those stats lol
agus
I have 25 years old!!
pestaa
am sixteen years old... and don't want to be an adult Exclamation Confused
Vimor
I'm 16 but I can get away with buying ciggerettes at the local gas station. Haven't tried to buy alcohol yet.... not going to cause I can get in serious trouble for that one. lol
bl1nd
I'm 17, but look wayyyy younger, haha

I was once told i had a "baby face"

Very Happy
jabapyth
lookin forward to sweet sixteen... Very Happy
jds10912
im 15, but im surprised that there are so many young users here
especially the 6 who are 12 years old or younger, which is rather humorous because do you not have to say that you are 13 or older to join? haha Laughing
dac_nip
Im 19. surprised that most members are even younger. well, i started web development and flash animations at 14. from then on, went to different paths. its just an advantage to have a space in the net.
NuniPio
ahh im almost 19.. few more days to go.. w000t ye so bak on topic it seems like theres ALOT of youngsters on this forum.. interesting, i think i should post more now that i noe that.. Very Happy
kevin briggs
man i feel old,i am in the last catorgory 28 and over
FaLLeN
Im 16, still two more years of school Mad
alwom
Im a pastor hosting a church website with frih but im 27

bdoneck wrote:
wow, looks like everyones a teenager Very Happy
wietn
Im almost 16 Smile
Dr Carruthers
Looks like I'm in majority with my 17 years (btw, that's quite usual on message boards and internet places).
Seiji
I'm 15 and it seems like I've been 15 forever but I guess thats a good thing.
kerryworkman
Man it isn't cool being in the, and up catagory, but I guess its only down hill after twenty one. No other cool age breaks until retirement and the senior discount. I mean think about it; at eighteen you are legally an adult and can vote or die for our country, and at twenty one you can legally drink yourself into oblivion. I think its the drinking that is our downfall ;(, or mabye its our salvation Wink. Anyway your question makes me feel old, thanks, I think I will go drown myself in a beer.
bulek
As far as I now I'm 17 and I'm still visiting high school. Smile
TribalArt
there appears to be a high percentage of low ages.

To make this a more fair poll, perhaps expand the age ranges to be much higher, as in reaching up to 50/70 years old.

Otherwise you just limit it to a small spectrum

Sorry to be so rude, but thats my opinion
Captain Fertile
Just noticed that 7 people have answered that they are 12 years or under! Shocked

First, I thought you had to be over 13 to join these forums.

But secondly and more importantly (this post is aimed at the younger members of the forum) if I have seen any of their posts they most be very mature indeed. Its difficult for me to remember sometimes that in most cases I am chatting with people here who 20+ years my junior.

Its scary to realise how quick people mature these days, its maybe time old farts like me were karted off to the funny farm and let the younger generation make the crucial decisions - they couldn't make more of a pie & mash of it than my generaton is doing.
BosLady
I don't know if I like this poll. I would be in the highest age category and I am only thirty. It looks like the bulk of the people on here are teenagers and it makes me feel old Crying or Very sad

~Tiffany
jon9314
26 here
theem
most of the people here are teenagers !
Laughing

good to see that Idea
Chelissamow
I'm 16 years old. =P
timerecords
19 years old here, this year im gonna be 20 Cool
Rako
I'm 14 and i am partially surprised to see the majority of voters in there teens since 28 and over is a huge age group (but I'm not saying many 60 year olds we be here) that gets me thinking. I wonder who is the oldest person on this form?
Captain Fertile
Rako wrote:
I'm 14 and i am partially surprised to see the majority of voters in there teens since 28 and over is a huge age group (but I'm not saying many 60 year olds we be here) that gets me thinking. I wonder who is the oldest person on this form?

I thought it was me at 39 but turns out I was wrong - does anyone older care to own up and state your age? Cool
catscratches
I'm 15 since some days ago Smile
MrBlueSky
31. Rolling Eyes
Zampano
14, and getting youger everyday! Cool Rolling Eyes
lady_yavanna
im 20 Very Happy i hope i dont LOOK 20 tho... Laughing
HoboPelican
Captain Fertile wrote:
Rako wrote:

I thought it was me at 39 but turns out I was wrong - does anyone older care to own up and state your age? Cool

I'll own up to being 52 or 53...I tend to forget Laughing But I seem to remember a person here who was a bit older. Well, see if they stop by.
Malchior
I'm 20 years old and I think 90% of the people that uses the internet have ages that run from 18 - 21, or so does some of they say. I'm saying this because chat rooms, the basic place that people go when using the internet, usually have age requirements. Then users are forced to fake their age so that they can achieve the requirements.
MrBlueSky
Malchior wrote:
I'm 20 years old and I think 90% of the people that uses the internet have ages that run from 18 - 21, or so does some of they say. I'm saying this because chat rooms, the basic place that people go when using the internet, usually have age requirements. Then users are forced to fake their age so that they can achieve the requirements.

I don't know. In chatrooms maybe. But I think in other 'scenes' the average age is higher. For example among people who use newsgroups or IRC. Also, the active contributers on important sites like slashdot, wired and wikipedia are between 20 and 40 years old, I think.
kerryworkman
MrBlueSky wrote:
Malchior wrote:

I don't know. In chatrooms maybe. But I think in other 'scenes' the average age is higher. For example among people who use newsgroups or IRC. Also, the active contributers on important sites like slashdot, wired and wikipedia are between 20 and 40 years old, I think.

I agree I think the average age of visitors depends on the site. Which is why this is such a meltingpot of the ages, free webhosting like this has a more universal appeal. It is for everyone who wants their website up and has more time than money. I think this place still attracts more of the younger generation, because in my experience you tend to have less time and more money as you get older/time becomes more valuable to you.
Vedder6
yeah. that and the time of day. usualy you'll find more adults on around the late morning - mid afternoon times. and young adults from nights to early morning.
Pipo
19 years old Smile
raine dragon
I'm currently 21, and a Junior in college.
ainieas
If I had replied to this thread when it first appeared i'd have been two years younger. Am 22 now. Cool
xbcd
i'm 16 and i created my site first site when i was 13. It was very amature and now i have moved on the a actually helpful site. Check my sig if you want to check it out. My first site was dhruvb14.port5.com . Look at that site and look at my progression.
ehecatl
I'd thought for sure there were more adults here, but it looks like there's mostly teenie boppers, lol.
[FuN]goku
mtx
I'm 19. In October 20
Infinity-al
I'm 15 years old Cool
m.rahman
Great idea! it's really good know the average age of a group you are involved in. Helpful in many ways.
divinitywolf
yeah its interesting that there are quite a few that are 28 and over.
really i am not suprised that 16-18 are the majority because it just seems like thats the age range most likely to go on the net a lot.
They might not have full tim jobs therefore will have the most free time on their hands. i may be wrong though.
ryanh2006
Awesome poll and thread! I'm 23. I must say that I am not really surprised by the results. I mean I think free time and income have a lot to do with it. Anyway just wanted to share with you guys. Here's to a good life. Cheers!
madejpan
Well, I'm not that surprised. Most adults that have a website have such a commerical site that this hosting just wouldn't be enough. Plus teens have a much lower budget, plenty of time to post, and quite frankly, they are bored more often, so they make more sites. (I am currently using 4 different hosts).
shorty18
I am 17 Smile so far is seems that people tend to fall into the category i fell into. i would have to say like they said earlier to, extend the poll because people dont stop using the computers in their 30's Razz lets not forget about the older people that acess these forums. I really wouldn't doubt it if there was a 60+ in here. Age doesnt matter though in my perspective. its just a freaking number. okay sorry im getting a little off topic here.
krazy
i fall into the 13-15's topic, not going to my real age though Wink
Zombie
The results of the poll aren't surprising to me. Most people here will be teenagers like me, the same is pretty much true for all sites. We have a lot of free time on our hands. And the internet is fun. Point Made.
karysky
I'm 23 and countin' !
jayrelle
I think the average age here is 13-20..teenagers.heheh.. Im 21. Very Happy Very Happy
tefa_taftaf2010
i'm 22 years old

i'm here from about 2 years since 8/2005

it's nice to still here with you all
ennnzo
Looks like my age group is the second most massive. I'm 13 and would be turning 14 on December 16.
lethaltriad
I've just turned 25 last weekend, I feel like a dad on this site lol
pavlov2002
I'm 32 and just starting with web developing...am I too old ? what do u think?
rafifaisal
I guess I am a senior on this site.
My current age is 29 soon the turn 30 Wink
BugBear
Ha i fall into the majority. 16-18 Very Happy
WallBase
im 18 years old... bah.. Very Happy Very Happy
spykE
I'm 17 in july, biggest group it seems Smile.
Peterssidan
I'm 19 years.. Look lite it is many youngher people here. It the youth that have the time and they don't have that much money so that they can buy their own webspace.
prole
Hmmm... just now I realized I fell in the second place minority group here in frihost hmmm...
M-W-G
I'm 15 at the moment but I'll be turning 16 soon.
Jack_Hammer
I've just realised how much Morpheus likes to post in this topic...

I know I'm mainly posting inane chatter but I'm trying to get my points back up, been a bit busy over the past few months.
Wink
antmillz
15 =p
SpellcasterDX
I'm 14. I got interest in webdesign after my dad made his own business. I want to make my own professional site sometime in the future. But at the moment, I'm in the process of learning php, html, mysql and css.
PadraigCurran
I'm 14. Smile
Fanghai44
yo man...being 18 is awesome. lol although tu stillcantdrink in the united states you can do a lot ofgood stuff... like you can drive! lol i mean you could drive when you're 16 but at 18 you definately could get a lisecence because then you are considered an "adult" hehe... the only bad part of being18 is that you still havto face 4 years in college and that just absolutely kills... unless you go to a good college that actualy promote having fun instead of doing work...good luck finding that college...

yea. so how many others are 18 here?
Bluedoll
Didn't realize there were so many people in thier teens. Shocked
missdixy
htmlmaster wrote:

Lol this is great, reasonable logic. Smile I completely agree. I am 18 and have two websites....at one point in my short life I was also using 4 hosts.
Seiorai
htmlmaster wrote:

Indeed, I suppose this to be the main reason why the majority (until now at least) seems to be between 16 and 18 Eh?
jabronie25
im 15 years old
m-productions
I am with the other 180 (30%) people, I am 18.
shkumbin
I am minority here Smile belonging to the 6% demographic group....
vernersen
i am old Razz ( 29 )
squirrelmaster
im 18 now but was 16 when i joined here
i guess really old people(like bboomers) just pay for hosting Razz
vonboy
i selebrated my 18th birthday about a month ago. ya, it does kinda scare me that 12 year olds are on this site. my sister is 13, and sometimes she'll act realy immature.
mixka
Im 17yo...
jsundell
This is the first poll that I'm in the oldest group. And way above the limit... Cool
sibbahz
I turned 19 last month, so it seems im getting old as far as the frihost menbership goes!
Azmo
I'm 20, just above major age group.. wihooo!
bickers
20 here, too. And I never thought being around 13-14 year old people would make me feel so old. Neutral
thealpha
i belong to the majority group. good!
TruPain
Wow, so many kids(nothing bad about that, son't get me wrong)... I am 31 years old myself