FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

session variables

rein
Hey people,

There's probably a very simple solution for this, but i'm kinda new at working with session variables so i don't know what to try.

Question: Is there a way to set a session variable by clicking a simple text link, but without having to reload the entire page? I'd like to get rid of the information i'm currently passing along in the url.

Thanks in advance,
Rein.
Diablosblizz
You could use Meta to refresh the page automaticly, other then that I don't think its possible (but im an idiot with php).
TomS
Either you do some java or you make a link to a phpfile that only sets the sessionvariable. The link has the target "_blank". So the user can close the window then. (Write a notification, that the suer can close it).
rein
Hmm, the sessionvariable-only-page workaround seems too elaborate. I don't want users to have to close a window every time i want to change a variable.
Java seems like a better idea. Only i don't know the first thing about javascripting. What would a bit of javacode for this purpose look like?
hexkid
rein wrote:
Question: Is there a way to set a session variable by clicking a simple text link, but without having to reload the entire page?

I'd like to get rid of the information i'm currently passing along in the url.

Besides JavaScript, one other option would be to put the simple text link in a frame. When it's clicked only that frame will be reloaded.
xkobram
Diablosblizz wrote:
(but im an idiot with php).

Well who isnt??? Laughing Laughing Laughing