FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows volume auto adjusts annoyingly...

Da Rossa
Hi, I'm experiencing a bad property of the volume control: when I load a video, the main volume is set to almost mute, so I always have to right-click the sound volume tray icon to manually reset the volume to a audible value.
The same occurs when I'm playing full-screen games and then I open winamp and load a mp3. The game volume drops and it's useless to set the winamp volume to 1%, it's always gonna be higher than the game. I adjust in the tray icon.... when I come back to the game, everything comes back to the bad way. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Thanks!
otiscom
It sounds (no pun intended) as if the software you are running is auto adjusting the volume levels to it's own levels.
If ther is nothing in it's setup to pre-set the audio, I don't think there is much you can do!
blueray
I think this is a long issues for the windows system. But there is no way now for the 2000 / xp. If you want per app volume control. You have to upgrade to windows vista system.

Also, some video clips the sound they record would be different depends on company-to-company. Smile
jwellsy
What ever happened to the TV's that promised to normalize the sound volume of commercials?
Da Rossa
jwellsy wrote:
What ever happened to the TV's that promised to normalize the sound volume of commercials?
[

I didn't get what you mean.

@ otiscom: I would undestand if the application/game volume were higher, but instead it gets close to mute while the mp3 outside offuscates the sound FX inside. Why would the app/game creator set his own work to have a lower volume? And what setup do you mean, exactely?

Thanks!