FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mysql datas gone!

vinx_18
Yesterday I uploaded my phpBB2 forum and set it up. Everything looks find and runs smoothly. Until I find it today that my tables and datas were gone. What shall I do? Do I have to set-up my forum again?

Another thing, how could I create database without importing? Coz I could not create database manually. My database was automatically created by phpBB2 as part of their installation process. And my other database for my other website was just imported.
ocalhoun
vinx_18 wrote:

Another thing, how could I create database without importing? Coz I could not create database manually. My database was automatically created by phpBB2 as part of their installation process. And my other database for my other website was just imported.

You have to use the MySQL management section of direct admin to create a database; phpmyadmin doesn't have permissions to do so.
That might have something to do with why it disappeared; I've never had any similar problems, but I've never imported an existing database.
mathiaus
I'm guessing you either didn't install the forum properly or used the database called 'test'. The test database is shared by all users and if I remember correctly clears every day (or hours ?).
Please provide more information of what procedures you followed.
vinx_18
Ah ok.. I use ftp when uploading it.... Yah... I use the test database... That's why.. Thank you so much! Smile I usually use ftp because my direct admin access usually timed out... why is this happening?