FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Python

zagu
Hello there,
I'm trying to learn to program, starting with Python and PHP. I have quite a bit of experience with HTML and CSS.
It seems as if it may be difficult to find somewhere to host python files. Is that because they are not widely used? I want to learn something that will help me find work, eventually. I'm going to stick with Python just to learning the programing aspect, but I would welcome any feedback about which language would actually help me find contract work.
djcaution
Sorry I cant help you with advice about finding contract work, but I can tell you that if you're looking to learn programming with python, if you don't have a modded xbox GET ONE. That will be your playground. Python is what is used to run scripts that you can run on modded xbox's so that users can do all the wonderful things they can on modded xbox's like watch google videos, check the weather, see daily cartoons from a certain site or even browse the web, etc. My xbox is totally pimped out with scripts and I've recently attempted figuring out some python so I can make my own scripts to share with the world but it's a bit too complicated for me to tackle on my own.. but I'm sure you'd reallly enjoy it.

You should take a peek at Alexpoets scripting site http://members.cox.net/alexpoet/downloads/ and http://www.xbmcscripts.com
Here's a quote from the first link to get an idea of what I'm talking about

Quote:
The developers of the powerful XBox Media Center software have provided its users with a port of Python that interfaces cleanly with the XBMC dashboard. XBMC Python allows users to develop additional functionality for the XBox using a very simple scripting language that makes basic development a breeze. This page is intended both as a source of information and as distribution point for my working and in-development XBMC Python scripts.