FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About The Road to Reality (Roger Penrose)

ltwomba
Hi,
I've just started this book because I was interested by everything it was supposed to talk about. However I find quite confusing. I'm 16...
Is this too advanced or you think I can make through it with some effort.
What do you think about this book?
Oh! And by the way... do you know i f there's a place to find the solutions to the exercises? (since the official website is 'empty')
SonLight
Hello yourself.

I commend you for tackling a book by one of the foremost authorities on General Relativistic Physics. I am not familiar with the specific book, but I would like to compliment you for reading it and encourage you to get as much as you can out of it.

I read a book a long time ago by three major authors in Relativity theory. It was called "Gravitation" and was by Thorne, Misner, and Wheeler if my memory is accurate. I got totally lost by their mathematics, but their conversational style allowed me to get some sense of most of the issues they were talking about. I realize that I only scratched the surface of the subject though. The book was a huge, heavy paperback book and I always joked to myself that it was very appropriate to the subject.

Good luck with your reading, and I hope you will get some meaningful understanding out of it. Perhaps someone with more relevant experience can give you more specific advice about what to look for in the book.
ltwomba
SonLight wrote:
The book was a huge, heavy paperback book and I always joked to myself that it was very appropriate to the subject.

Laughing this one is too