FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HP Compaq d220 MT, RAM issue

ronald.helpdesk
Hi guys, I need info urgently on this one.

I have in repairing a "HP Compaq d220 MT" and I'm requesting a new RAM module, it has a DDR pc-333, but I can't find it in the local stores, there's PC-400 RAM modules...

Can I use a pc-400 in this computer, instead of the pc-333 ????

Please help me!!!!!
askchris
It is always best to use the specified ram, as there could be timing issues that may cause programs to crash. Here is a link for the RAM you require, it is a long link because if you buy or bid then I get commission.

<removed by wumingsden, these type of links are not allowed>

I hope this is of some help to you
ronald.helpdesk
askchris wrote:
It is always best to use the specified ram, as there could be timing issues that may cause programs to crash. Here is a link for the RAM you require, it is a long link because if you buy or bid then I get commission.

I hope this is of some help to you

thanks dude, I had a little hope for the pc-400 bus, because of previous experience, with the pc-133 and the pc-100 buses, but, anyway... I'll have to keep searching, and, sorry, I can't buy anything over the internet, I have to buy locally, for administrative reasons.

thanks anyway...
msuballer1981
cdw.com had the same type of RAM for a compaq evo 310MT, They are based out of Chicago. So is UPS corporate headquarters, if you get UPS delivery it should be pretty fast.