FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[UK News] 5 deaths lead to suspicion of a Serial Killer.

Lusiphur
Link to BBC Coverage.

3 Prostitutes were found murdered over the last 10 days, 2 more bodies have been found today in the same area, the 2 bodies are thought to be prostitutes who have recently been reported missing by family and other prostitutes.

While the police admit that the killing are linked in MO, locations and the occupation of the ladies they are loathe to declare him a serial killer.

More links can be found at the above link about the 2 bodies found.

Could this be another Boston Strangler/Jack The Ripper?
wumingsden
Lusiphur wrote:
Link to BBC Coverage.

3 Prostitutes were found murdered over the last 10 days, 2 more bodies have been found today in the same area, the 2 bodies are thought to be prostitutes who have recently been reported missing by family and other prostitutes.

While the police admit that the killing are linked in MO, locations and the occupation of the ladies they are loathe to declare him a serial killer.

More links can be found at the above link about the 2 bodies found.

Could this be another Boston Strangler/Jack The Ripper?

I think that it almost certainly is. I mean, how many people are killed here in the UK in a week? Not many. Combine that with the fact that all those dead are female prostitutes, found in the same area, that all have the same MO, it doesn't leave much more coincidence now, does it?
Captain Fertile
This is a serial killer (its now official).

There may be 5 victims but look at the time between each killing, I would suggest these are not the fist victims.

Serial killers usually go weeks, months or even years between murders before killing again.

After a while the compulsion gets out of hand and the killings become more frequent until they hit this kind of level. I think we are seeing a killer nearing the end of his reign rather than at the beginning, if the police are lucky.

This is my opinion but you know humans – anything goes!!!

My thoughts go out to the families and friends of these women who did not deserve to die this way.
myworld
The speed with which the dangerous individual is operating is staggering. Most serial killers tend to take years to get to this awful body count. The urge to kill is obviously very strong in this person and as such I think it is only a matter of time before he strikes again and all we can do is pray that he/she has messed up and left a vital clue which allow the police to get to him/her before they do strike again.

The sad thing about this case is that so many of these women are prostitutes merely to feed their heroin addiction and in spite of the fact that they were clearly being targetted still they go out night after night putting their lives in danger to feed that addiction. Indeed one of the young women was interviewed by Channel 4 news the week before she was murdered and she was saying that she had to go out to feed here addiction. That is so sad and to listen to her words after she been murdered was just awful.
wumingsden
Th actual number dead is now six, according to the media (I read it in the Sun). Apparantly one of the women that was killed was 3 months pregnant. The death of this foetus however is not considered in law as murder so if the serial killer is found, then he/she will be held accountable for the death of 5 women (assuming that they were all killed at his/her hands).
Soulfire
It's an all-too-common occurence. In the most unlikely of places, in the "it won't happen here" cities, it eventually does. I hope that this killer is put to a stop soon. Anyone made a parallel to Jack the Ripper? This subject came up in our Global Issues class, and we got a brief history of Jack the Ripper.
Lusiphur
Pair held over murder

They are questioning 2 people in relation to the murders now, very little info available on why they were held so only speculation on the reasons behind the police investigating these two.

And yea, parallels have been drawn between him and Jack by a few tabloids already, hopefully this one will end with a conviction (and it's times like there I regreat UK's stance on the death penalty, but that's a discussion for another time...)

What I'm glad about is that on any forums I've seen people talking about this on, no one has said "but they're only prostitutes" or anything along the lines of how they deserve it because of being a prostitute. I was expecting to hear more things like that in the news to be completely honest.

While it is rare for a serial killer to start out with such a large number it's not unheard off, "Spree Killers" have been around just as long as serial killers have, I think we're going to find that he would have stopped with these 5 murders for a while, then when the urges/voices came back it would happen again.

My thoughts go out to the families who have lost loved ones and I can only hope for a speedy arrest and an end to the murders.
wumingsden
Steven Wright, one of the men held for questioning, has been charged with the 5 murders of the five women. The other man that was being questioned has been released on police bail.
I read the other day that apparantly one of the men's DNA was fount at three of the crime scenes. I don't know whether this is true though. The man who has been released on police bail was the first arrested, the second man (steven wright) has been changed. The same newspaper of which I have just spoken about allege that the one of the men was in the police force. Again, I do not know whether this is true, I try not to listen to newspapers too much.

*It has just been announced on the news channel so I will post more info on this when news sites start reporting it.