FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My web design business

jylan
I have finally launched my web design business. It can be found at www.briterwebdesign.com. I have moved my photoblog to www.briterwebdesign.com/photoblog. I would appreciate any comments on the design of the site.
Also, if you were looking for a web designer, would you be put off my my site. Thanks for having a look. Very Happy
b4r4t
As for me... to much text... a little chaotic design... nice colors ... but I'm not sure about this grey ...

Quote:
This page is not Valid XHTML 1.1!

You have to delete Valid XHTML 1.1 button on Your page ...

Quote:
Result: Failed validation, 6 errors
jylan
I fixed the first two errors easily, but I'm not sure how to fix the other ones. I just selected the XHTML option on statcounter.com and pasted the code they gave me in there. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Embarassed
b4r4t
http://forum.statcounter.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20418

Check this...
jylan
Thankyou very much b4r4t. I have copied the corrected code and will upload the new files shortly. Very Happy
linexpert
i personally don't like the layout. if i'm visiting a webdevelops page i'd like to see a better layout. the current layout is too corwded and isn't easy on the eyes.
Jaan
Learn some css or php.... other than that nice site. Pic is a bit weird, too photoshopped.
Lmao, you're like in the middle of oz bush!
jylan
linexpert wrote:
i personally don't like the layout. if i'm visiting a webdevelops page i'd like to see a better layout. the current layout is too corwded and isn't easy on the eyes.

Could you reccomend any changes to my layout, then? I can see where you are coming at though.

Jaan wrote:
Learn some css or php.... other than that nice site. Pic is a bit weird, too photoshopped.
Lmao, you're like in the middle of oz bush!

Jaan, what do you mean that I should learn CSS? I already do. I do need to learn PHP though Smile And yes, that picture is getting on my nerves a bit, I will be replacing it soon. Wink
Kirth
jylan wrote:
I have finally launched my web design business. It can be found at www.briterwebdesign.com. I have moved my photoblog to www.briterwebdesign.com/photoblog. I would appreciate any comments on the design of the site.
Also, if you were looking for a web designer, would you be put off my my site. Thanks for having a look. Very Happy

mhh,

I don't like it @ all Sad.
To chaotic. A little bit messy.
And i don't like the design either.

Sorry mate, but I suggest getting some practise @ designing!
munkey_boy
Kirth wrote:
mhh,

I don't like it @ all Sad.
To chaotic. A little bit messy.
And i don't like the design either.

Sorry mate, but I suggest getting some practise @ designing!

I agree... But good work Wink.
Hunterseaker
Sorry dude, I don't like your site....
The design is just to easy, and there is way to much text.
I always say: Keep your site nice and clean to prevent chaos.
I would suggest: make new design, with some more design skills in it, and make it overviewable......
jylan
Hi everyone,
I have had quite a lot of comments from a few sites saying that the layout is too busy. For that reason I am in the middle of making a better layout.

Basically, the sidebar will go, and a new option will appear in the nav bar.
It will be a page with links to other pages on my site (blog, for example), and it will also include links to other sites, such as wudnerground for the local weather.

You will have to wait until I get back from holidays though!
chrismen
Here is what I think:
It seems like you know your stuff. You do not need php just for web layout designs.

Your layout is cool. I like the colours. I do not like the little mini-blog on the left hand side. Take that out please. If you still want the blog think of a better place to put it such as on its own page (or off the site since the site isn't primarily supposed to be about your blog). Maybe put some kind of a menu in its place.

I also do not like the <> around the name of the site in any of the places you have it. I am not really sure why. Maybe it is just me, but I don't like the look. I do like however the [] around "Home".

Lastly, it is great that you are 13 but if I was serious about hiring someone to do a layout for me I would be a bit turned off by that. No offense at all. I started doing website early too and looks like you are going places. You probably are good but it is just that I would look for someone a little older.

Just remember that you are trying to sell a service that you are showing through your website. Make the design of your site super nice because that is what will primarily influence people to hire you or not.

Good luck!

Edit: I didn't see your post before I made this one so I guess just disregard what I said about the sidebar. But, I must ask why are you going to put the weather up there or weather site. Just keep it simple.

Edit 2: Okay, sorry to keep editing. Anyways, I changed my mind about the <>. I like it in your banner, just not the text on the page.
mustaq
try to show your blog recent post with short content not whole content which wil ive your more page view and look great
chennai
Too crowded and painful on the eyes.Avoid having links to your personal blogs and photo galllery on your main page,as it is a business oriented site.
Make your page more attractive and add some of your sample websites so that others could see your potential.Also make it look more professional rather than a personal one
plato
Not good!
Scratch
Your forum is so messy Sad
jylan
Hey scratch, what are you talking about? I don't have a forum on my site! If your talking about Frihost, post your message somewhere else! Confused
jayzee
it needs improvement
jylan
I have now uploaded version 2.1 of the design. Well, I had uploaded this layout while before, but the latest one has a few tweaks to the design. Please check it out and tell me what you think.
Mosquito.Tyler
Err, it's alright. You might want to tone down the brightness a bit. The liney background is alittle hard on the eyes because the lines do not line up between the frames.

Uh, just a random comment as well, On your pricing page...

Quote:

Of course, if your site was going to have lots of pages, I would make up a special price for you. Please note that the prices for web design are only quotes, and the actual price could be more.

The whole 'make up a price' sentence is kind of discouraging.

Keep working at it, you'll get it eventually. The fact that your into photography will help too, a little art always spruces up a page.