FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Limit the max number of backups

TeenZine
Bondings maybe you should limit the number of backups on a site since Server 2 only has 96% uptime (according to a post I just read) Which is good for a free host. But still should be inproved. It takes brandwith to do the backups and sometimes (I know for example I was new) I made 2 backups by mistake cause I didn't relize it took a few min to process. It mite help your server alittle bit since its been going off and on. (unless Animal and the other mods that have the tracker) is in accurate.
Bondings
The 96% figure was from the last 2 days (if I'm not mistaken) and there was a lot of downtime during the last few days. Other metrics I saw were indicating 98-99% over several months. This still isn't good enough, but you definately shouldn't be taking a few bad days instead of the average over months/years.

And about backups, I haven't see much backups being taken lately so I doubt they put much stress on the server (at the moment of speaking).
TeenZine
Thank you. I just know from past.
Edit httpd is down Sad
And ftp is down Sad

Still better then many hosts I've had.
Bondings
Well it's already getting better. Very Happy

Quote:
2006-12-11
98.02%

Oh and if you mean the signatures, sometimes it says down when it is working (and most likely also the inverse). Just refresh it once or twice to make sure it is real.