FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Aluminum carrying cases

phinguyen
does anyone know a website that sells really cheap (generic) aluminum cases? you know, like the ones that come with poker chip sets or kid's toys. they kinda look like gun cases.

i need a cheap large case (not like a luggage size more like a large briefcase) that is made of aluminum or plastic. it must be able to close and have a handle to carry like a briefcase. i'm going to mod it to hold my laptop with the cooler and an external dvd that ejects out the side. since i'm gonna be modding it, i dont want to buy a really nice case that i'd end up mutalating and throwing away $200. i want to find the really cheap generic kind.

anyone know any good sites? my google-ing found me some cases ranging from $200 and up same as e-bay(well a little less). i know that some non-branded generic case (like the ones that they use for kid's toys and such) cannot be that expensive if they can give them to you with a pokerchip set for less than twenty dollars.

anyone got any ideas?
ocalhoun
I got two at the home depot of all places; they're made of aluminum over wood with foam padding on the inside. They were selling them as toolboxes for $20 each. They look extremely cool, but are a little lacking in real durability because of the wood beneath the metal.