FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Do You Think Gay And Lesbian Happy?





cvkien
well, gay and lesbian are human, just like everybody in the world. the only different between them and normal people is their perception about gender and sex. and most of them are cause by hormone which makes them think differently like others. And some of them cause by unexpected event that pass through their life. so, are they happy actually?? do you think gay and lesbian also want to have normal life like others?? or do you think they had ever think to become normal like others??
Sadow
You've said it, they are human just like hetero's. Their sexual taste is not considered normal, but this doesn't interfere with their happiness, I'm pretty sure about that.
I've had a friend who turned out to be homo sexual so there's where our friendship ended (cus he fell in love with me and I didn't like that) and he seemed pretty satisfied with his sexual discrimination for men.

Not sure if there are people who fight these feelings, because they follow Islam or Christianity. I think these people have a hard time trying to be happy and I'm really sorry for them.
ravi_9793
I dont support homo sexual.GOd has made some rules n we musr follow themY 2 change the universal rules..... Laughing
electrikhipz
Okay, first of all, love should not be labeled.
I believe that a person should be able to love anyone, regardless of ethnicity, age, background, and especially gender.

Second of all, ravi_9793, 'homosexual' is one word, use 'and' instead of 'n', and learn to spell. I can barely understand what you typed. If you want to make a point, please i beg you, make it articulate.

love,
sarah-ellen
wumingsden
I'm gay (in the homosexual sense) and also gay in the happy sense. I have never been happier than I am now.

Everyone gets/is unhappy with something, and gay/lesbian people are no exception.
Some don't accept the fact that they have same-sex feelings, and so are unhappy with their life. When however they accept what they are they will become much more happier within themselves.
mistuh griddlez
ravi_9793 wrote:
I dont support homo sexual.GOd has made some rules n we musr follow themY 2 change the universal rules..... Laughing

If god really thinks homosexuality is bad then why did he create homosexuals in the first place?


I personally fell that people have the right to choose the one they love no matter what gender, sex, ethnicity, etc. I know a few gay people and they're regular people like you and me. I don't know why some people can't accept someone being different or having their own opinions. Confused
-TomJ-
cvkien wrote:
...the only different between them and normal people is their perception about gender and sex ... do you think gay and lesbian also want to have normal life like others??

Why do you call homosexual people different from normal people? Can you give a definition of normal? In England and Singapore, cars drive on the left side of the road, which is considered normal there. In France, the USA and other places, cars drive on the right side of the road, which is considered normal there. So everything has to do with perspective: you cannot call another opinion "abnormal", simply because it differs from what you are used to.
cvkien
normal in here define as behavior doing by majority people. and i didn't say "abnormal" to homosexual. For you information, i respect humanity, so i won't discriminate anyone. and i just use it as a "term" in this topic because i want to differentiate homosexual behavior and bisexual behavior or i call normal behavior. And i want to know something that cross to my mind and i am curious to know. Beside, i study human behavior and in here, we are discuss bout their feeling in their life. And thanks to those shared their experience. i really appreciate it. Thanks.
Colin496
I think that between any two people of random background, there can be a great number of more pronounced differences (as far as happiness is concerned) than sexual orientation. It is impossible to reduce the situation to being so trivial as, 'does being gay make you less happy,' because human beings are very complicated and happiness is very hard to quantify. In general, I think you would find it very difficult to show that homosexuals are any less happy than everybody else. I know it would be statistically impossible to tease out that direct relationship.

I have a few gay friends and someone in my extended family is gay and they are all perfectly happy. I don't think it is as big of a deal as many people who dwell on the issue make it seem.

Colin
myworld
As a gay man I more than happy with who I am. Was I ever unhappy about it. Yes, to an extent. Any person who grows up in a society where it is quite normal for gay people to be vilified will naturally be apprehensive about their place in that society as a whole and about the impact that their acceptance of their sexuality will have not only themselves but those around them and the reaction that they will get from those around them too. It is not our sexuality which causes unhappiness but societies attitude towards it.

As for religious fundamentalists well I find that they tend to see and hear what they want. There is much in the old testament such as selling your daughters into slavery which would not be permitted in society today however they choose to interpret when faced with such sticky situations yet when it comes to homosexuality they can't seem to interpret a single thing. It is just not right and thats it. Gone are the principles of love, compassion, understanding, and best of all leaving judgement to the Lord alone.
loryl
A relationship means care for your significant other. Why do you need to be of different genders for this? I think that people are just afraid of others who are different from themselves.
shrinkwrap
I'm gay. I'm happy. Smile And when I was in a relationship I was happy. Smile
Released0
I'm bisexual and I believe that all gay or hetero people are equal and no one is better then anyone. I also believe, however, that it is unfair to raise a child in a homosexual relationship as it is unfair ont he child because that child will get bullied alot, and also may grow up without a motherlike or fatherlike figure. I think that they should, however be allowed to marry others, as marraige has absolutely nothing to do with religion, its to do with love and sharing your lives together.
Bofia
Most people that are gay or lesbian are not happy. The reason why it might seem like a lot are happy is because those who are unhappy usually hide it and never tell anyone.
wumingsden
Bofia wrote:
Most people that are gay or lesbian are not happy. The reason why it might seem like a lot are happy is because those who are unhappy usually hide it and never tell anyone.


And the evidence for this utterly stupid claim is where exactly, in your head?
ThornsOfSorrow
I know three openly gay guys, and they all seem very happy. I'm sure it must be tough to deal with the discrimination, but besides that, why shouldn't they be happy? Sexual preference really isn't a big deal; if you fall in love with someone, then it shouldn't matter whether they are the same sex as you or a different sex.
Obake
wuminsgden wrote:
Bofia wrote:

Most people that are gay or lesbian are not happy. The reason why it might seem like a lot are happy is because those who are unhappy usually hide it and never tell anyone.



And the evidence for this utterly stupid claim is where exactly, in your head?


Well said, wumingsden.

I'm joining the gay + happy = me! brigade.

As an aside, the only problem I've ever had with being gay has come from other people having problems with the fact that I'm gay. I consider myself very lucky to have avoided a lot of the discrimination that I know homosexuals of both genders often incur; if I was in a situation where I'd encountered more of that, I would naturally be less happy as a person, and less happy about being gay. But, still, that sort of discrimination has more to do with other people having issues about other people's sexuality than it has to do with anything innately connected to homosexuality.

In Australia, for example, there is considerable statistical evidence that (particularly male) homosexual teenagers, or teenagers who are questioning their sexuality, tend to attempt/commit suicide more than heterosexual teenagers. But I'm sure that the (equally statistically substantiated) greater rates of bullying of homosexual teenagers, and the woefully inadequate sex education and counselling support services for homosexuals in schools, have nothing whatsoever to do with that.
wumingsden
Obake wrote:
wuminsgden wrote:
Bofia wrote:

Most people that are gay or lesbian are not happy. The reason why it might seem like a lot are happy is because those who are unhappy usually hide it and never tell anyone.



And the evidence for this utterly stupid claim is where exactly, in your head?


Well said, wumingsden.

I'm joining the gay + happy = me! brigade.

As an aside, the only problem I've ever had with being gay has come from other people having problems with the fact that I'm gay. I consider myself very lucky to have avoided a lot of the discrimination that I know homosexuals of both genders often incur; if I was in a situation where I'd encountered more of that, I would naturally be less happy as a person, and less happy about being gay. But, still, that sort of discrimination has more to do with other people having issues about other people's sexuality than it has to do with anything innately connected to homosexuality.

In Australia, for example, there is considerable statistical evidence that (particularly male) homosexual teenagers, or teenagers who are questioning their sexuality, tend to attempt/commit suicide more than heterosexual teenagers. But I'm sure that the (equally statistically substantiated) greater rates of bullying of homosexual teenagers, and the woefully inadequate sex education and counselling support services for homosexuals in schools, have nothing whatsoever to do with that.


Extremely well said. It's now our problem, it's a small part of society's (or at least it is where I am from).

Obake wrote:
I'm joining the gay + happy = me! brigade.


I joined it a while ago and have never looked back since coming out. There are obviously some people that don't like it but they are un-important.
I think it's somewhat harder yet somewhat easier for "camp" acting gay guys. If you are gay and act camp then people would already get used to the fact that you're gay without you ever saying anything. However, you'd become an easier taget for homophobic people. If your like me and don't seem gay then people won't have an idea (but this also means that you may feel the need to tell people). I used to feel like this but I'm not very secure, not feeling the need to say anything. I am me, if people don't like it then I seriously don't care.
People say things that harm people to make them feel better about themselves. Whether it be name-calling or actual violence they want to achieve the same outcome, feel better about themself. We however are already aware that our (or at least my) fabulous self cannot be affected by the things that others do.

One idea of the soya theory [ http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-60969.html&highlight= ] is that through my personal experience I have fount that us gay guys care more about our health, appearance, etc. If soya helps maybe we intake more than the usual straight guy. I don't however think that it can turn you gay, or decrease your dick size. I think it's quite ridiculous to suggest that an increase in ostrogen can turn you into a female.
Obake
wumingsden wrote:
I think it's somewhat harder yet somewhat easier for "camp" acting gay guys. If you are gay and act camp then people would already get used to the fact that you're gay without you ever saying anything. However, you'd become an easier taget for homophobic people.


I think you've got a point. On the one hand, it's (probably?) easier for camp homosexuals or overt lesbians to identify each other and form a sense of community or connection. On the other, because they lean more obviously towards homosexual stereotypes, and especially if they cross gender boundaries (effeminate fairies and mannish dykes) they're an easier target for discrimination. Straight-acting (particularly male) homosexuals sometimes cop more vitriol for being deceitful about their sexuality, but historically speaking, homosexuals who cross gender boundaries have tended to be the ones to get the sharpest end of the stick, so to speak.

There seems to be this huge anxiety about the proper way to perform gender, and people who cross the lines, or who just don't fit in those "proper" models, are vilified for--what? Their supposedly unnatural ways of behaving, which come more naturally to them than the supposedly natural gender categories to which their ('natural') anatomical sex consigns them.

I don't tend to act gay either, since--and I think I've mentioned this elsewhere on Frihost before--I think of my sexuality pretty much as I think of my nose. It's a part of me, and I wouldn't want to lose it, but it is only a part of me, and I refuse to let my nose dictate the identity I present to the world.

But that comes, too, with a refusal to come out unless the situation absolutely calls for it--I don't go around announcing the condition of my nose, after all, and outside of a gay bar, no heterosexual person is ever going to be put in a position where they are made to feel they have to announce or defend their heterosexuality, so why should I? It irks me a little that people ascribe heterosexuality as the default sexuality. So, if someone starts talking about me, boys, and romance or rumpy-pumpy (I've been watching Blackadder; it's my new favourite word, and Stephen Fry is my new favourite person) in the same sentence, I will politely correct them--but that's all.

In re: the soy thing, you might be interested in this blog entry on the article and its comments. Some of these people have a pretty keen grasp of the science that says soy => gay != possible. There are also a couple of amusing, tongue-in-cheek cracks by yaoi fans, along the lines of "Hurray! All Japanese men must be gay!....wait a minute."
sondosia
Well, I don't personally know anyone who's gay or lesbian, but my opinion is that they're not happy until they accept the fact that they're homosexual, because how can you be happy if you hate the way you are?

And of course, just as straight people, they can find meaningful relationships that they're happy in.

~M~
James007
ravi_9793 wrote:
I dont support homo sexual.GOd has made some rules n we musr follow themY 2 change the universal rules..... Laughing

Please put your God in a place where the sun never shines? Cool

As, yet another, homosexual I would like to say I'm thrilled about the fact some people can have a differentiated opinion on this, even if they don't like gays. (and I'm obviously not talking about this... user)
Obake
sondosia wrote:
Well, I don't personally know anyone who's gay or lesbian, but my opinion is that they're not happy until they accept the fact that they're homosexual, because how can you be happy if you hate the way you are?


I'm not so sure about this, sondosia. Non-acceptance of your own sexuality doesn't necessarily tally up to self-hatred, although I guess it does depend on how much importance you place upon your sexual identity.

I kept myself pretty much in the dark over my sexuality for a good while. During Year 9 (as an example of how this sort of thing goes) I had an awesome excuse for staring at other girls: it wasn't because I was perving; I just really admired the cut of their clothes--even though I had a barely-average interest in sewing, and their clothes were generally all cut the same way because they were in school uniform. This was my excuse to me, since no one else ever caught on to the fact that I was staring. It's amazing the things you can convince yourself of. When I ran out of every other excuse, I settled down to 'if I ever actually fall for a girl, then I guess I'll know for sure'.

So I actually fell for a girl, and realised that I really didn't know anything for sure at all, except that I had fallen for this girl. I didn't know what to call myself--did this mean I was a lesbian, or was I maybe bi? Maybe it was just this one girl?--I mean, I'd fallen for her, so she was obviously really special; it was entirely possible she was the only girl I'd ever feel this way for. There was a great definitional knot I had no idea how to undo.

I didn't know how my friends would take it, or my family, although I hoped they'd be accepting of it when I told them, whenever I worked out what 'it' was. I didn't know anyone I could talk to about what I was going through: the school chaplain was nice but I didn't quite trust him not to take an unbiased view; I didn't want to worry my crush, who seemed to have this all sorted out for herself; there were no other teachers or councillors I felt I could trust. I didn't know of any support groups in the town I could go to for help [1].

So I went to the Internet, and I started browsing newspapers for any tidbit at all that referred to gays or lesbians. I was looking for information that could help me come to terms with what I was, or give me a better idea of how GLBT people stood in Australian society.

As it turns out, looking in the papers was one of the worst things I could have done. In the Australian mainstream press at that time, GLBT people were mostly victims of gay-bashing, or else they were criminals themselves. It didn't occur to me, then, that very few people in the newspapers come up smelling of roses, whatever their sexuality. My one haven was the arts pages, where it was ok to be gay provided you were also admirably creative and/or accomplished, although I do still remember being shocked by one article that described in detail the true story behind the film Boys Don't Cry, and saddened by another about the late Nigel Hawthorne, which strongly insinuated that he died unhappy due in part to the reaction of the film community to his being outed in (I think) 1995.

The Internet was another matter. I didn't locate GLBT support forums or anything like that straight away, but I did discover slash fanfiction. It was wonderful. A fictional space where, writing, I could work through some of the issues I was starting to develop about this whole thing, and build up some confidence. I could meet whatever homophobia I encountered, or worried I might encounter, in daily life, and develop defenses and arguments against it in this safe space, later to take them out into the world. And, reading those stories, I could get start to get some idea of how same-sex sex might actually work, without the worry that my mother could look over my shoulder and see a couple of girls (or men) frotting like bonobos. As I said in my first post, the provision of sex education for homosexuals in Australian schools is incredibly poor. Even the barely-researched scribblings of mostly-straight teenage girls were a better guide.

All in all, I really couldn't say that I'd accepted my sexuality in this period. Most of my troubles were still came from knowing that other people might have a problem with...whatever my sexuality was...but they troubled me nonetheless. It took me years to feel comfortable calling myself a lesbian. It made me anxious, and my self-confidence took a knock more than once. Occasionally my worries about what other people might think turned out to be founded, and that hurt.

But I was also in love for the first time. And among slash writers I'd just found a whole community of people who seemed to think and want things like I did, even if they didn't want exactly the same things the same ways. I discovered I was good at writing the stuff, too. At exactly the same time as I was feeling all this anxiety and stress over my sexuality, I was happier than I had been in a long time, because there were these wonderful things that came of it.

Most gay or lesbian people, I think, go through a period of not realising, or not accepting, or not knowing how to categorise, their sexuality. Getting through that isn't an easy process, and it can make people unhappy, but not always, and sometimes the unhappiness it causes can be negated by the happiness it brings at the same time.

[1] Ironically, I found information on two or three GLBT support groups in that town two years after I left it. I think their advertising campaigns may have been a little misdirected, given that it was easier to find out about them in a capital city over a thousand kilometres away.
Soulfire
Quote:
If god really thinks homosexuality is bad then why did he create homosexuals in the first place?
The argument agains that is that homosexuality is a choice.

I'm Christian, and Catholic at that - my perspectives are changing. I used to think homosexuality was this abominable, disguisting sin. But after befriending homosexuals (even becoming my closest friends), my entire world has been rocked.

I'm not sure what to believe about it... I know it's not a choice, at least in most instances, which means God must've created homosexuals - perhaps even as a form of population control? (But that's just my theory). Why would anyone (although few may, far fewer than who are currently gay) choose to be gay in a time when it is "unacceptable"? To choose to have no wife and possibly no kids?

Here is a short, and sane interpretation of homosexuality:

Whether you believe homosexuality is wrong, or aliens from planet Bandark visit you every night, you're entitled to those beliefs - but you are not allowed to revoke other people's rights based on those beliefs.
Obake
Soulfire, I want to thank you for your mature, measured post. Unfortunately the loudest contributions from religious people in discussions like these are often built more along the lines of ravi_9793's post back there--contributions that, I suspect, poorly represent the views of many religious people of whatever faith or denomination. It is good to read the perspective of someone like you, who has clearly considered your opinion of homosexuality carefully, using all the facts and experience available to you.

Soulfire wrote:
The argument agains that is that homosexuality is a choice.


Or, more specifically, that homosexuality is a wrong choice, whereas heterosexuality is the right one.

Soulfire wrote:
I'm not sure what to believe about it... I know it's not a choice, at least in most instances, which means God must've created homosexuals - perhaps even as a form of population control? (But that's just my theory). Why would anyone (although few may, far fewer than who are currently gay) choose to be gay in a time when it is "unacceptable"? To choose to have no wife and possibly no kids?


Being an atheist, I've never had to worry about fitting homosexuality into a moral landscape the way you have--I've had the luxury of just regarding it as something that happens to be a part of the world (and a part of me), neither innately good nor innately evil. For me, the good or ill of it lies in the decisions we make about how we do our sexuality, and how we behave in romantic/sexual relationships--and that would apply just as much if I was heterosexual. The difference is that there are clearer social scripts for the "right" or "proper" way to be heterosexual than there are for "right" or "proper" ways to be homosexual, not least because until relatively recently the idea of homosexuality being "right" or "proper" at all was, for most heterosexual people, unthinkable. In some ways, though, I think the lack of "right" and "proper" social scripts gives us more freedom to have different relationships--to find different, newer, maybe even better, ways of being good to each other.

As for the reason homosexuality exists--well, population control is one possibility. Historically, though, I have to say that bisexuality is much more common than homosexuality, even in cultures that famously revered homosexual and homophilic relationships, such as the Ancient Athenian and Spartan societies. Many famous "homosexuals" throughout history actually did have wives and sometimes also children--Alexander the Great, Lord Byron, and Oscar Wilde, for example--and records indicate that this was commonly the case among lower classes in several societies and historical periods as well. If homosexuality is meant to help control the human population, there seem to be an awful lot of people who didn't get the memo.

My theory is that homosexual relationships perform social functions rather than biological ones--not least by reminding us that sexual relationships do have social aspects to them: procreation is only one among many possible functions of sex. In fact, in societies where homosexual acts or relationships have been accepted, they have tended to be acts or relationships of specific types that serve an explicitly social function--they have been rites of passage; or helped to cement the relationships between older and younger generations, between master and pupil, between comrades-in-arms; or they have allowed men to take traditionally female social roles, and vice versa. Some of these functions would be completely unacceptable today, but the point is that they were all ways of using homosexuality to reinforce social relationships and patterns that were considered important in these particular societies. If homosexuality needs to have a point to it, I'd like to think that this is it.
pinkpeople
Well first: What's normal..?
I mean what you think is normal can be for me anormal?
Right?
I'm a lesbian and I really love it. It makes me so happy, and I don't want to be something else. Okay maybe it's hard in the beginning because of how other people react but now it's great.
It feels like the most normal thing in the world for me.

I think it's not a chocie.. It's more like a feeling.
And how can you live by the rules of someone that doesn't even exist? Maybe in your mind?! They just can't explain all the things that are happening so they created there 'friend' : God.. Rolling Eyes
but thats a different subject.

In the end I just want to say. Be who you are..and be happy with it! Very Happy
Obake
pinkpeople wrote:
And how can you live by the rules of someone that doesn't even exist? Maybe in your mind?! They just can't explain all the things that are happening so they created there 'friend' : God.. Rolling Eyes


I...would question that point of view, pinkpeople. I agree with the rest of your post, and you're right--this is a bit off-topic--but I don't think that religious faith can be dismissed as a simple fix for all that's inexplicable in the world. In fact, in some ways I think I have it easier as an atheist--I can say that a thing is because it is, without having to worry about fitting it into a specific moral scope or structure. I can choose to leave the inexplicable unexplained.

Whereas I think that a lot of people of faith actually struggle with questions of what is right, wrong, true, false, good, or evil, and they try to use their faith as a guide for interpreting that. I'm not saying that atheists or agnostics are amoral or that they don't struggle with similar questions. What I am trying to say is that religious faith is just another way of coping with the world as it is, and it is as valid a way as demonstrated lack of faith, or faith in purely scientific principles, or what have you.

I'm also aware that, even though we don't seem to have many speaking out on this thread, there is still a significant portion of the gay and lesbian community who are religious. They probably will have had to come to terms with their sexuality with a much keener idea of how homosexuality could be regarded as something evil or unclean than either you or I, and they may have had to do so in communities where that is still the prevailing belief.

If that's the case, and their belief in a deity--any deity; any number of deities; I don't care--helped them at all, there is no way that I can begrudge them that. Likewise, there is no way I can help but respect someone like Soulfire, who began believing that homosexuality was an abomination, but took the time to consider and reconsider, and eventually changed their opinion without abandoning their faith. That's nothing but commendable.

If it's ravi_9793's post you're referring to, that's an example of a bad use of faith: a kneejerk reaction, using a claim to religiosity to excuse unexamined prejudice. But neither kneejerk nor prejudice are either exclusive to religious people or ubiquitous among them, and it's unfair to those who take their faith seriously to treat them as such.
cocobirdi
silly question. are homosexuals normal, do they want happiness for themselves? silly. the answer is a resounding YES... they are normal. they want happiness. they want to love and be loved and ... have mutual attraction for the same sex. perfectly normal.
prototype_angel
cvkien wrote:
well, gay and lesbian are human, just like everybody in the world. the only different between them and normal people is their perception about gender and sex. and most of them are cause by hormone which makes them think differently like others. And some of them cause by unexpected event that pass through their life. so, are they happy actually?? do you think gay and lesbian also want to have normal life like others?? or do you think they had ever think to become normal like others??


well, I think that they feel different and thus rather special that they're not the same way as the rest of the world is.
LostOverThere
cocobirdi wrote:
silly question. are homosexuals normal, do they want happiness for themselves? silly. the answer is a resounding YES... they are normal. they want happiness. they want to love and be loved and ... have mutual attraction for the same sex. perfectly normal.



Nicely put.

For those who are anti-gay:

It has been scientifically proven that you cant change your sexuality, so you're either gay or straight, you can't change the fact.


Everyone in this world deserve the exact same rights.


And Remember, you should measure people by the Content of their heart, not by their sexuality.
macky
of course yes, everyone needs to be happy... they also deserve it...
Da Rossa
cvkien wrote:
well, gay and lesbian are human, just like everybody in the world. the only different between them and normal people is their perception about gender and sex. and most of them are cause by hormone which makes them think differently like others. And some of them cause by unexpected event that pass through their life. so, are they happy actually?? do you think gay and lesbian also want to have normal life like others?? or do you think they had ever think to become normal like others??


Why not? As you well pointed out, they're humans! Of course they can be happy. Many of them say they got even happier when they came out from the 'dark wardrobe'.

There may be some social repulse, but that's changing. The gay moviment accuses the most conservative sectors of society of hindering their life, particularly the religious ones. Well, I'm conservative myself, but I'm rational. I don't have anything against gays or gayness; I only criticize gayzism (taking the sexual orientation in an organised political trend to make it a source of extra rights, or even suffocating others' rights to intimacy, religious beliefs and personal preferences).

So, the things allegedly preventing some gay individual from being happy must be examined in each concrete case.
dapopeyoh
I agree that they are normal people, but I don't think that they can have a normal life like others. they can't have children of their of their own, they can only adopt and there will always be some discrimination against them.
mshafiq
I guess lesbians probably enjoy more than gays.


The reason behind this is assumption is my opinion that
- God made the girls/women much more beautiful than men.
- Their figures are more attractive than men.
- Women get more attraction from women as compared to men by men.
- by nature they are softer.
Any comments will be welcome. Thanks
kharol_016
i think so..every individual is capable of being happy.haha
syj824
of course yes, everyone has self happy.
mengshi200
Happy should be include two kind:health and not health ,for example drug is not health and evil happiness.homo is also health happy.so bugger have more illness and accused by religion and social morality.
Greatking
Well for me I will say that inwardly I don't think they are happy.

To know that people think of you as not behaving normal is hurting and emotionally frustrating.

Most of them wish that their body would not be controlling them as it is.
shivaghimire
They had made their community, clubs in many parts and they are happy there as they get like their own. But they not as happy as we in open area. Rules are made, we are taught not to dominate them but someway and they are not able to be happy. They wish to be like us but they can't. Their hearts cry and become sad.
mazito
i think be a happy person is a personal choice, you decide if you want to be happy or not, the problem is that many people dont know about it.
gandalfthegrey
I am sorry, but I find the question moronic and offensive.

Individuals are happy and sad. Does not matter the religion, race, language, culture, ethnicity or sexuality... perhaps there are some slight differences in the level of happiness, but overall happiness and outlook is based on an individual's outlook.
friho
i think it's difficult to say .themselves may feel happy but i think most of people around them would be feel confused. in modern society, gay and lesbian is difficult to identify.
malaysia
ravi_9793 wrote:
I dont support homo sexual.GOd has made some rules n we musr follow themY 2 change the universal rules..... Laughing


i like this post..

there is two instinct of human being., LOVE and LUST.
those human that believe everything have it creator and obeying GOD order, it was LOVE and got HAPPY, otherwise they just LUST and DISSAPOINTED.
Hello_World
Well, I think it is impossible to say whether every individual of a certain type is happy. Some surely are, some surely aren't.

Certainly, people's bad attitude towards gay people would make their lives harder.

In answer to Malaysia, being gay is not just about sex, therefore it is not just about lust, it is at least as often about love and committment.
malaysia
in our life, only LOVE can move us forward, being loyal to our life partner regardless of what ever matter.
but for those these Gay and Lesbian, till one day, they will know their way is no ending..
their just follow their LUST that ending with frustration. BACK before too late.
Hello_World
Quote:
in our life, only LOVE can move us forward, being loyal to our life partner regardless of what ever matter.


What makes you think gay people don't have this?
malaysia
Hello_World wrote:
Quote:
in our life, only LOVE can move us forward, being loyal to our life partner regardless of what ever matter.


What makes you think gay people don't have this?


my friend, i have BELIEVE that not everything just can understand by THINK.
Our brain is only small and sometimes something can only be follow by default, by nature order.
But if we still want to accept something using our THINK, let see our environment.
Can we see Mr Darwin ancestor's male monkey have special relation with other males.
or can we found any other live creation have this type of relations.THINK
truespeed
malaysia wrote:

Can we see Mr Darwin ancestor's male monkey have special relation with other males.
or can we found any other live creation have this type of relations.THINK



Quote:
The presence of same-sex sexual behaviour was not scientifically observed on a large scale until recent times. Homosexual behaviour does occur in the animal kingdom outside humans, especially in social species, particularly in marine birds and mammals, monkeys, and the great apes. Homosexual behaviour has been observed among 1,500 species, and in 500 of those it is well documented.


Source: wiki
inuyasha
I don't think they are abnormal, not to mention that they want to become "normal" or not. Very Happy Rare things are not always abnormal. At least it's acceptable to me.

Glad to know nowadays such a different preference about gender and sex becomes accepted by more and more people.
gandalfthegrey
What a stupid ****** question.

It is no different than asking any of these stupid questions:
"Are black people happy?"
or
"Are muslims happy?"
or
"Are women happy?"

We are all individuals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ashebrook
malaysia wrote:
in our life, only LOVE can move us forward, being loyal to our life partner regardless of what ever matter.


Couldn't have said it better myself! The key words here are 'Life Partner'.

malaysia wrote:
or can we found any other live creation have this type of relations.THINK


Other living creatures that opt for same-sex partners? Sure! Elephants and dolphins to name a couple. if you look in nature, you can find many examples.

While I can't answer for everyone, I can say that I am very happy. Then again, I was happy before I realized I was gay as well. It was the confusing 'coming to terms' period that had me ... frustrated. And I can say that many of my gay friends are also happy. As mentioned before, just like every other person on this planet, we have our ups and downs.

I have been very fortunate. For the most part, my coming out was fairly painless. All of my friends were very accepting of me and I have had very few bad experiences when my sexuality has been divulged. At the same time, as many of our fellow posters have stated, I don't go and yell 'I'm Gay!' at the top of my lungs to every passer-by. My friends and co-workers are aware and if any of them object to this one small facet of what makes me who I am, no one is disrespectful; just as I try to respect their lifestyles.

The whole 'dealing with homosexuality and religion' did throw me for a bit. And, honestly, mixed with the fear of my family disowning me, was probably the biggest issue that kept me from coming out sooner. I can say that when I tried to be 'straight' and date men, it didn't work for me. It felt alien and totally uncomfortable.

Da Rosa wrote:
I only criticize gayzism (taking the sexual orientation in an organised political trend to make it a source of extra rights, or even suffocating others' rights to intimacy, religious beliefs and personal preferences).

I disagree. We aren't looking for 'extra' rights. We are looking for 'equal' rights. There is a big difference. I want the right to sit at my significant others' bedside when she is in the hospital, just as a married couple would have. I want the right to marry, either in a church or at the justice of the peace if I so choose. I'm just asking that the government allow me to file taxes as a joint spouse and take advantage of the same tax breaks that a married couple is entitled to. These are not 'extras', they are basic rights denied us at present.
TheGremlyn
Homosexual
Bisexual
Heterosexual

Terms that have been used to identify the various sexual preferences of people around the world. Heterosexual behaviour has been the most widely accepted practice between men and woman, as outlined in in various religious texts. That being said, religion was really one of those 'first' belief systems that people turned to for guidance. It highlighted rules to follow and told us what was right and what was wrong.

When you're taught that man should love woman and nothing else it can be a shock when you find that a man loves another man or a woman loves another woman. How are people supposed to react when there is no written rule or information about how to cope? Was there really a line of text that said man shall not love man and woman shall not love woman? Were there really lines of text and rules on how to punish homosexual behaviour?

But lets come back to where we are today. Bisexual and homosexual practices are become more 'normal' as time goes on and more people come to accept themselves for being something other than heterosexual and others are starting to accept people who are something other than heterosexual. And that brings up another section. How can one accept who they are when others are telling them it is wrong? How could a boy accept being a boy if everyone told him he should have been a girl? How can you accept eating only apples when you really wanted an orange but you were told it is wrong? It's not really that different.

People are happy and people are sad. Sexually should no longer rule over that. The way you were born and raised and how you feel about yourself and others should not govern your feelings of self happiness. Jane Doe should be happy for the woman she is, and how successful she is and how she enjoys her life and the love she feels from her female partner or her male partner. Nothing should change that. Ever.
tofayel
I think gay and lesbian are not mentally normal, so they have need treatment. Never a mentally disordered person want to believe that he is not mentally normal.
donoob88
in the bible, in first Corinthians, 6:9.. it states "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men" men to men, we all know that it is gay.. They should not be happy, they will not get the salvation.. Very Happy
i got the quote here.. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians+6&version=NIV
_________________
if you don't want to commit mistake from your mouth, don't talk Very Happy
Coen
tofayel wrote:
I think gay and lesbian are not mentally normal, so they have need treatment. Never a mentally disordered person want to believe that he is not mentally normal.

With all due respect, you may want to consider changing that statement. While there are some researches that appear to indicate that there is something different in the brain of homosexual people compared to those of heterosexual people (although I believe these studies have also been disputed and discussed over and over again) there is nothing mentally wrong with homosexual people. Homosexuality is natural, we see it in the animal world and amongst humans as well. Those who go into treatment and suppress their nature, those are the people who would require treatment. Not for being mentally disordered, but for accepting who they are.

To answer the original question and put all the religious standpoints aside: I know several gay people and they are all very happy. Hell. Two of my closest friends are gay and their relationship is happier than mine, which was a heterosexual one. Hence why my relationship ended and theirs seems stronger than ever. It is about being yourself, I think that that makes a person happy. If someone is attracted to people of the same gender then by all means: go for it. As long as they do not force themselves onto non-homosexuals I am totally fine with it. Now I know for a fact that most gay people dislike doing that, so all in all I think homosexual people can be, and are, just as happy as others.
Ashebrook
Coen wrote:
tofayel wrote:
I think gay and lesbian are not mentally normal, so they have need treatment. Never a mentally disordered person want to believe that he is not mentally normal.

With all due respect, you may want to consider changing that statement. While there are some researches that appear to indicate that there is something different in the brain of homosexual people compared to those of heterosexual people (although I believe these studies have also been disputed and discussed over and over again) there is nothing mentally wrong with homosexual people. Homosexuality is natural, we see it in the animal world and amongst humans as well. Those who go into treatment and suppress their nature, those are the people who would require treatment. Not for being mentally disordered, but for accepting who they are.

To answer the original question and put all the religious standpoints aside: I know several gay people and they are all very happy. Hell. Two of my closest friends are gay and their relationship is happier than mine, which was a heterosexual one. Hence why my relationship ended and theirs seems stronger than ever. It is about being yourself, I think that that makes a person happy. If someone is attracted to people of the same gender then by all means: go for it. As long as they do not force themselves onto non-homosexuals I am totally fine with it. Now I know for a fact that most gay people dislike doing that, so all in all I think homosexual people can be, and are, just as happy as others.


Very well said Smile

(and I like the Great Race of Mercy reference in your siggy!)
truespeed
donoob88 wrote:
in the bible, in first Corinthians, 6:9.. it states "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men" men to men, we all know that it is gay.. They should not be happy, they will not get the salvation.. Very Happy
i got the quote here.. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians+6&version=NIV
_________________
if you don't want to commit mistake from your mouth, don't talk Very Happy


Jesus was gay.
Related topics
Conservative Christian Dictionary.
Homosexuality, is it biologically natural?
I Am Gay ...
BRAIN Researched by me
Emo does not exist.
What attracts you to a book?
...all religion aside - is it wrong to be gay?
How do I learn English better?
For boys: Do you get attracted to other guys?
Meaning of some words
Man/boy love - *yuck*
Should heterosexual adoption be banned?
Wingnut Deputy Att. General fired for anti-protester comment
AL-QURAN (No Comparison Stands Among It)
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.